I made first goal- now under 200

I can't believe it. It is amazing. What I thought would be impossible has finally happened. I saw the scale get off the 200's. Now unless this scale is broken and it has freaked out. I weighed in at 195 this morning. I was stunned and almost fell off the scale. Now I dont know what to do. Should I set my next goal at 180? The amazing part is, I eat, I eat healthy now and I have got things stuck but I feel good. I feel like, well I like that I can cross my legs. Probebly sounds dumb but it is the little things that matter. Now the scarry part is my fear that it wont last. All good things come to an end. I just have to be careful. I worry alot about my band. Someone on here was talking about band erosion. That just freaks me out. I dont know how long a person gets to keep their band but I want to keep mine for as long as possible. I dont want anything to happen to it, for sure. I guess that is all in how you take care of it. So we will see how it goes. My pole should be in tomorrow, so I can do my pole dancing exersise at home. I have been out of class for almost two weeks and I need to get back to exersising then, I know I will really start losing. Hey maybe I will do a youtube video on how to not use your pole, hahahahah. Kidding. Anyway, I want to thank everyone for your emails and your support. There is no way I could do this alone. Thank you all and thank you dr ortiz for this wonderful tool. I love my band..

Congrats Stormy! This is a big deal! I was 199.8 for a day, now I'm back up to 201. My body can't decide if it wants to be under 200. Going for a fill on Thursday, hopefully that will move things along. I'm so excited for you! You can do this--slow and steady is a good thing!! :)

Oh Stormy I am so proud of you! :D:D You have the right mind set to get this done, I am so jealous about the pole dancing, we don't have that in my area. (that I am aware of) everyone says I need my own brass pole, I love to dance :P

You are doing so well, Hope to see you soon

Your friend. :P

Stormy!

YOU GO GIRL! That is Awesome and I know you have worked SO hard for this. It IS an amazing feeling. I seem to bounce between 2-3 pounds so I still am at 198-200. This morning I was 199. You have made it this far, STAY POSITIVE! Attitude is EVERYTHING in this process. The more I get down, the worse I seem to do with my eating, exercising and lossing the weight. You have accomplished so much already, dont look in the rear view mirror, stay focused on that straight road ahead~! ;)

By the way, how is the pole?

Good Luck to you and again Congrats!

Carrie

Stormy! Congradulations! How awesome! =D>

In the US there is a commercial on tv for a fun work out dance, it's like lap dances, and striper style moves. Anyway, they will send you a pole for $1 or something. I think of you everytime I see the commercial play. The work out looks like a blast and I am sure my hubby would love it! LOL He would want a front seat, or maybe even be in the chair! LOL

Keep up your hard work....what did hubby say about you ordering the pole?

I can't believe it. It is amazing. What I thought would be impossible has finally happened. I saw the scale get off the 200's. Now unless this scale is broken and it has freaked out. I weighed in at 195 this morning. I was stunned and almost fell off the scale. Now I dont know what to do. Should I set my next goal at 180? The amazing part is, I eat, I eat healthy now and I have got things stuck but I feel good. I feel like, well I like that I can cross my legs. Probebly sounds dumb but it is the little things that matter. Now the scarry part is my fear that it wont last. All good things come to an end. I just have to be careful. I worry alot about my band. Someone on here was talking about band erosion. That just freaks me out. I dont know how long a person gets to keep their band but I want to keep mine for as long as possible. I dont want anything to happen to it, for sure. I guess that is all in how you take care of it. So we will see how it goes. My pole should be in tomorrow, so I can do my pole dancing exersise at home. I have been out of class for almost two weeks and I need to get back to exersising then, I know I will really start losing. Hey maybe I will do a youtube video on how to not use your pole, hahahahah. Kidding. Anyway, I want to thank everyone for your emails and your support. There is no way I could do this alone. Thank you all and thank you dr ortiz for this wonderful tool. I love my band..

Hey Stormy, congrats!

I just wanted to address your fear of "erosion" if I may. I attended a LB seminar some time ago and "erosio" was explained. The definition of LB erosion is: "Erosion occurs when the band penetrates the stomach wall and enters the stomach." It doesn't refer to the lap band itself eroding. The band is made of silicon (according to the doctor at the seminar) and the port is titanium. These materials don't erode in the body. So not to worry about that!

Hubby was not happy about the money I spent for the pole. It was suppose to be delivered today, but it is still not here yet, I hope to see it this afternoon. I cant wait to get back on that thing.

About the band erosion. There was someone on here who said their band had to be removed because this happened to them. It sounds like from what I read this is caused by frequent vomiting, medications, ingestion of irritants as spicy or hot food, alcohol, etc. plus a big adjustment to the band system will produce an ulcer that penetrates toward the balloon of the band. It sounds like something to be aware of. I have had throwing up issues because of something being stuck. I realize how important it is not to have that happen. I am going to read more on this, but it does not sound as common as I thought it was. I am just going to make sure to take good care of my band.

Now for you that do not own a pole. COME ON, what are you waiting for. There are you tube videos out there to show you how. GET ON THAT POLE!!! HA!!!. After I get mine really good at the first level, I MAY put out a video, so you can crack up at me falling on my face. That pole better get here soon. HA!

Congrats on your weight loss! You are doing a great job and I love that you are getting creative with your workouts! I am doing Zumba and love it! I've recruited a bunch of folks to join as well.

In terms of erosion and things like that. Yes we can help of course by following the rules, but unfortunately many times especially with erosion it is just one of those things that happens that we don't have a lot of control over. So don't let it stress you out - that will just tighten you up.

Good job! Keep it up!

Hubby was not happy about the money I spent for the pole. It was suppose to be delivered today, but it is still not here yet, I hope to see it this afternoon. I cant wait to get back on that thing.

About the band erosion. There was someone on here who said their band had to be removed because this happened to them. It sounds like from what I read this is caused by frequent vomiting, medications, ingestion of irritants as spicy or hot food, alcohol, etc. plus a big adjustment to the band system will produce an ulcer that penetrates toward the balloon of the band. It sounds like something to be aware of. I have had throwing up issues because of something being stuck. I realize how important it is not to have that happen. I am going to read more on this, but it does not sound as common as I thought it was. I am just going to make sure to take good care of my band.

Now for you that do not own a pole. COME ON, what are you waiting for. There are you tube videos out there to show you how. GET ON THAT POLE!!! HA!!!. After I get mine really good at the first level, I MAY put out a video, so you can crack up at me falling on my face. That pole better get here soon. HA!

Hi Stormy and congratulationson your weoght loss YEAH FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My sister just had to have her band removed due to erosion. The majority of the time it is due to doctor error in stitching the band in too tight or too deep. She was banded here in the states. I don't think we have to wrroy about it being banded by Dr. Ortiz. He has way more experience and knows the proper way to put them in.

She also had the intestinal problem lat year too when the tube wrapped around her intestines because he left the tubing too long and should have cut it shorter.

Unfortunately, she has already gained most of her weight back and it's only been 2 months since she had it out.

That is sad, I hate to hear of anyone getting there band taken out. Unless they want it out. I got my pole in the mail today. Should have it installed by tomorrow, hubby said he would do that for me, then I am going to check it out. I can't wait. Will keep everyone updated. :lol:

Way to go Stormy! Congrats to you...you are doing amazing! Keep up the good work. Continue with what you are doing and if you have any concerns...call OCC for reassurance. I don't think you are doing anything wrong at all...just keep the focus and keep rewriting new goals as your achieve the ones you've listed. Keep rewarding yourself too!

AWESOME job! Jazzy!!