Fill in TJ

I have all my reservations set and sent everything to Rene. I am staying an extra day so I am looking for a day spa and a dentist in Tijuana. If anyone has any suggestions. I am going to be so bored. I haven't shopped any places or had anything to eat outside of the hotel when I got my band Dec. 1. The other thing, I forgot to ask if you have to stop eating before the fill. I have read that you are on liquids again for how many days?? Right now I am so depressed about not losing that I could have him fill it closed. lol!! Just kidding. Still have not heard from anyone that might be in TJ March 6-9th. Would love to have some company. Let me know. Thanks everyone. I know things are going to get better once I get to Dr. Ortiz's office. I need some serious encouragement.

Debby, there is great shopping on El Revolucion, it is the main shopping street where al lthe tourists go, it is just a 5$ cab ride from the hotel and very easy to get a cab back. As far as a dentist...Dr. Ortiz can reccomend one for you , I think there is one right near his office in that center. No food 3 hours before a fill but you can drink up to an hour before is what I was told ..Hang in there , heres hoping this fill will rejuvenate you and your wieght loss..it always does for me. A new fill malkes me more diligent , like a fresh start.. Good Luck..you can do this! You knowwhat to do, youjust need a little push and this new fill is just the thing to get you going again :)

As for food around the hotel, I went with my family to La Casa de Mole the night before surgery and it was delicious! If you're leaving the hotel, walk counterclock wise around the traffic circle and cross 2 streets it's on the corner just past the big/bright pharmacy. It's very family-friendly and the food was amazing. Just bring a dictionary because the menu is all in spanish (mostly chicken dishes). I recommend the crema de cilantro enchiladas.

If you keep walking counterclock wise around the traffic circle, there is also a Pizza Hut and a small convenice store. The store has water, juice, and gatorade.

I seem to recall that the big building right next to the Lucerna said 'Spa' on it, but I don't know anything about it.

My first fill was very easy (just last week!)--good luck.

Jennifer in AZ

Jennifer,

Thanks for the information. I leave tomorrow morning at 6am so I will look for the rest. tomorrow evening when I arrive. Are you feeling any restriction since your first fill?? Are you having difficulty eating many things??

Debby,

I hope everything went well!

I had some restriction after my first fill, but I'm not where I need to be yet. I just scheduled my second fill for 3/21.

One thing I read elsewhere is that the first fill is often to help you learn how to chew well, take small bites, and break between bites. That is totally true for me. I have yet to PB, but I now get the 'golfball' feeling if I don't follow the rules. I'm hoping that this next fill gives me better restriction on the amout of food I can eat.

Jennifer in AZ

Jennifer,

I just got back tonight and I can't believe I survived!!! I got there Sunday and Junior was waiting for me. He took me right to the Lucerna so I felt very safe. I fell asleep and when I got downstairs they called the restaurant you recommended and it was closing so they sent me in a cab to Pampas down the street. It was very good. It was Brazilian and they carried these long screwers of meat around to tables and carved off servings. It was so different than anything I had ever seen but delicious.

Monday they picked me up for my fill and Dr. Martinez put in 1.2 and told me to go eat some fish and he recommended a restaurant around the corner and I ate the fish, rice, cucumbers and veg. I called him back and he met me back at the office Tuesday evening and he added .6 so now I am 1.8. So I went back to order fish and the fish went down fine but a bite of rice was not good. It came back up so we left it at that and now I am on liquids. Then this morning at 8:00am Junior took me back to the airport and I got home at 10:00pm tonight.

Dr. Martinez thought I was tight but I think I would rather have that than get home and feel no restriction. I think??? Since this is my first fill I will have to find out the hard way. Do you know how much your first was???

I'm glad it went so well!

My first fill was 1.8. I have only PB'd once and that was just this Saturday. I was in a much higher altitude than normal and I think that's what did it.

You don't want to be too tight as that can cause damage; however, I can very much understand not wanting to have to go back. I'm fairly close and I don't want to have to go again. :D

I hope that by now you've been able to eat some solids without PBing. If not, you still might be too full.

I'm so excited to be going back for a second fill next week!

Jennifer in AZ