How to stop the thumping

I have read that stress can cause ones band to get tight. I think that's whats going on, Tho I'm not stressed but have been crying since yesterday. I had to put my dog down, And it's heart breaking he was 9yrs old.

3 months ago his spleen burst, it had 2 masses growning, Cancer & even tho we saved him that night & removed all the cancer, Because the spleen burst those cancerous cells would cling on to other organs & with in 6 - 8 months I was told it would most likely be back............

So we've been treating Rocky real specail, We always took real good care of our dogs, We love them as family They are like my boys to me, they sleep with us & have a very comfory life.............

However yesterday when I woke up I saw Rocky wasn't having a good day, BUT didn't think it would be his last hours! By noon I was in the Vets office & by 1:45 I had made the dicission to put him down he was bleeding internally & was getting weaker as the hours past......

So we've been very upset here. And Today my band is hurting, I feel like it's throbbing, I did eat a scrabled egg and slice of toast and drank 2 glasses of ice tea..........

But I'm not hungry and I'm getting worried about this feeling in my chest......... I don't want to start worring about this on top of losing my dog. I'm not nervous But far from happy right now............

I don't know what to do to stop this thumping in my chest It actually feels like it's thumping/throbbing

& pray I don't slip my band! Could this feeling in my chest cause slippage?

It sounds like the egg or toast may be "stuck" and it can take hours for them to pass. Both bread and eggs are very hard for most bandsters to eat when we are tight and, yes, stress or sadness will make you tight. I would do liquids the rest of the day and mushies tomorrow so you don't irritate it more. Sorry for your loss.

Sabrina:)

Thanks ladies, The funny thing is I can eat just about anything! I've eatten eggs before, not a lot but have eatten them twice before this & No problem. The only thing I haven't eatten has been steak, I can eat anything - I am very surprised, but I could. I will have a portein drink tonight and if I need to have one later on - i will, cause all I have had today was that egg & 1 slice of toast... I have been stuck twice so I know what that feels like, this doesn't have that feeling, it feels like it gets tight & then lose like it has a heart beat sort of. It must be my nerves, Usually when I'm sad I eat. But not a thing today, - it's getting late, almost 8pm so I better make a portein shake

thanks ladies

I have read that stress can cause ones band to get tight. I think that's whats going on, Tho I'm not stressed but have been crying since yesterday. I had to put my dog down, And it's heart breaking he was 9yrs old.

I'd say that counts. I'm sorry for your loss hon. I have two dogs myself and had to put my rabbit down recently so my heart is breaking for you. I'm sure your band problems will clear up if you just go easy for a bit. I hope you feel better all around soon.

One more thought: if you feel your stomach is irritated and maybe the thumping is throbbing, try putting an icepack on your belly for a bit. I've found that always helps me when I'm too tight.

It sounds like an anxiety attack to me ....

i used to get that exact feeling when I had anxiety attacks, and/or too much caffeine in my system (too many coffees ...)

You're going through a very stressful situation right now.

Don't worry about your food intake. Just take care of your mental & emotional state.

Love to you, and godspeed to your little fur baby, Rocky.

I am so very sorry for you! I am an avid animal lover and know how badly you are hurting right now.

And yes, this can make you incredibly tight

If you want, you can go to my website (petlossmemories.com) and I'll make you a memorial for free, ok?

(((((HUGS)))))

I am so very sorry for you! I am an avid animal lover and know how badly you are hurting right now.

If you want, you can go to my website (petlossmemories.com) and I'll make you a memorial for free, ok?

(((((HUGS)))))

Mona--You are too sweet! :)

Shiney--God bless you for taking good care of Rocky. We need more good pet owners in this world. I absolutely love mine. I lost 3 in one year, back in 2007. I have got a house full again and though a new pup never takes their place, it does ease the pain. I hope you get another furrbaby one day. Stress absolutely tightens your band, take it from me. I have been tighter than a frogs butt lately & I KNOW it is stress, I also cried alot the other day and the next day hardly anything would go down. Just get some rest sweetie.

Thanks ladies, The funny thing is I can eat just about anything! I've eatten eggs before, not a lot but have eatten them twice before this & No problem. The only thing I haven't eatten has been steako

The band is finicky! A few weeks ago I had eggs for breakfast on Mon. & Tues. without a problem. Tried them on Wed. and that was all she wrote. I lost a couple of them when my fridge stopped working last week and I was glad to get rid of them. Could care less if I ever try them again, except that they were east protein.

So sorry to hear about your fur kid! I know how tough that is for sure! I'm sure that made you tight as a drum! Take it easy and do mushies and shakes and stuff until you are less stressed and then you might be able to go back to that stuff.

Take care!

One more thought: if you feel your stomach is irritated and maybe the thumping is throbbing, try putting an icepack on your belly for a bit. I've found that always helps me when I'm too tight.

Oh Wow I would have Never thought about that....... hummmmmmm an ice pack

I know it's been days since I've come back And the thobbing has stop. It still good to have an idea of a few things to try and see what works;

Thanks

(((((HUGS)))))

Oh Goodness. You would do that? Now I'm crying all over again.......... But it's a sweet cry, Thank you, I will pop over to your web site in a bit........

I'm sick over the thought of having to put him down, Knowing everytime I walk in the down He won't be wagging his tail greeting me, so excited that I've come home - All I could see right now is how sad he looked

Thank You again, I'll be sure to check out your website

Lena

Mona--You are too sweet! :)

Shiney--God bless you for taking good care of Rocky. We need more good pet owners in this world. I absolutely love mine. I lost 3 in one year, back in 2007. I have got a house full again and though a new pup never takes their place, it does ease the pain. I hope you get another furrbaby one day. Stress absolutely tightens your band, take it from me. I have been tighter than a frogs butt lately & I KNOW it is stress, I also cried alot the other day and the next day hardly anything would go down. Just get some rest sweetie.

OMG! The thought of losing 3 dogs in a year! I couldn't even begin to think how heartbreaking that was. I have Bear he's 3 and he keeps looking for Rocky. He keeps going to his food bowl and checking to see if his food is still there........ It's dry food & I can't bring myself to putting his bowl away yet.

Thanks Dana

Lena - so sorry for your loss and my prayers to you and your family. I am a avid animal lover - all my life. I just had to put down 2 of my dogs last month, one week from each other - very hard to grasp. So the pain of losing a pet child is very real and heartbreaking. But I told myself God needed them and I accepted that. Hard times but now Rocky is playing with all the other fur children you have. Each year, I send up a balloon in a cloudless sky and say a prayer and I visualize he is waiting anxiously by the cloud's edge to catch it! (smile)...tongue out of his smiling face and tail-a-waggling!

As far as my own band, I had to go on liquids right away. For me, when I'm stressed, I have creamed soups, protein shakes, yogurts and the likes. I had a texture issue, so it basically had to be watered down to be able to keep going. At one time, I couldn't even have water, I was so tight. The more I relaxed, the easier I could eat. Clynn's suggestion with the ice pack is a good one, as I've done that and it seemed to helped me then. Also, taking small walks helped me get through my emotional times.

Best to you sweetie! ((HUGS!!))...Jazzy!!