GRRR!!!

After losing 80 pounds, a TT and an Arm Lift you would think swimsuit shopping would be a rewarding activity - NOT! My under arm boobs (as someone mentioned in another post) are gone, but the skin that used to cover them is still hanging around. I tried on 24 swimsuits today and it was kind of depressing as the suits looked good from the bottom of the boobs down, but under the arms it was bad. I also had problems finding suits that fit my double D chest and my size 10/12 bottom. I did find a good fit with tankini's as long as each piece was a different size, but the under arm stuff and boob fallout issue was the worst in these. No wonder the girls with big boobs wear bikini's on t.v., but I'm not on t.v. nor am I going to subject other innocent members of society to that kind of trauma.

In the end I bought $300 worth of swimsuits to bring home and try on in the peace and quiet of my own home. Don't worry, I will be taking all but one of them back - I just couldn't stand to hear screaming/crying children and their frustrated parents any longer. Would have been nice if both parents and children had been home taking an afternoon nap as it was between 2 and 3 which is prime nap time. Bottom line is I have to purchase at least one as I have my nephews in a couple weeks and their wish is to go swimming at the Y with the two pools. By my choice their wish is my command but I won't allow them in the water by themselves which means I have to come up with a suit.

I have also decided that when I have my next plastic surgery follow-up on Aug. 5th that we will be having a discussion about the thigh lift and breast reduction/lift. I sure do hope this will address the under arm flab and be covered by insurance - least the breast part.

most of the chain stores do not carry a good selection of bottoms and tops, especially for us DynamicDuo girls

I found a swimshop that caters to 'larger' girls (boobs). you may want to try in the yellow pages or ask around. I feel your pain though! and just reading your story made me cringe. I cannot think of anything worse than swimsuit or fancy dress shopping when we are STILL not how we want to look. *sigh

Yikes!! Just the thought of dressing rooms and mirrors and bad lighting makes me break out into a sweat.

I do not like trying on stuff at the store either. Separates are definitely the way to go for all of us well endowed girls.

I hope you find something that you like.

Dawn

I know it is pricier, but there are many specialty bra and lingere shops that also sell swimsuits. Also the nicer stores that only do swimsuits many of them will let you buy different sized tops and bottoms. Once I am at goal i'll do that. This time I just got the tankini at TJ Maxx, but i'm like you and the bottoms are a little too big. But I don't want to drop a bunch of money just yet when it won't fit next summer.

Thanks guys! I may check out the specialty shops as they might be a little more reasonable now that summer stuff is starting to go on sale.

I could also start going to another Y that has an indoor swimming pool and doing laps a couple of times a week which would help me justify putting more money into a suit because I would be getting more use out of it.

I still haven't tried on the 15 suits in the bag on my couch yet as I was busy reading all afternoon and trying to stay warm. Besides, who would want to wear a swimsuit when it is so cool in July that I take a blanket out on the deck with me?

Besides, who would want to wear a swimsuit when it is so cool in July that I take a blanket out on the deck with me?

COOL in July!?!?! Not here in San Diego, that's for sure!

Now I am a 'in betweener' in sizes too and I wasn't going to look for any suits this year. I want to enjoy myself and so I am wearning those 'short shorts' with the flair in the leg hems and///DON'T LAUGH! And I took a couple of one size larger T-Shirts and made 'costomized' tops out of them. Seriously, I made my 'own design' and just literally "rip and tear" the sleeves off and shortened the length of the top up above my belly button. Now I am in fashion! LOL! If anything, it was fun to make them! I so wish I can take a picture of them to show you but not that savvy!

When I do get to my goal, I am going to do what Shelby says, pay the extra money for a decent one that would fit me...but then again, with all these new designs I am making...I could be making and wearing them instead! HA!

Enjou your summer gals! Jazzy!!