It's My Turn!

Wow has time gone by quickly since making my decision to get banded! Tomorrow morning I get in the car at 6AM for my drive down to OCC. I'm excited, but nervous as well. Today I am going to keep busy packing and buying last minute things I will need for my 21 day liquid diet. So many things are going through my brain that I don't think I will be getting much sleep tonight. I know that everyone else has gone through this too, so I will try not to stress too much. The things that are worrying me most are:

-will I feel horribly hungary for those 21 days?

-scared to go through PBing (I still don't know what that stands for) or choking when I get to solids

-scared it won't work and I will fail at losing weight again

Once I get it done and get a couple of months in with it, I think I will relax a bit, but right now my mind is racing! :wacko:

Wow has time gone by quickly since making my decision to get banded! Tomorrow morning I get in the car at 6AM for my drive down to OCC. I'm excited, but nervous as well. Today I am going to keep busy packing and buying last minute things I will need for my 21 day liquid diet. So many things are going through my brain that I don't think I will be getting much sleep tonight. I know that everyone else has gone through this too, so I will try not to stress too much. The things that are worrying me most are:

-will I feel horribly hungary for those 21 days?

-scared to go through PBing (I still don't know what that stands for) or choking when I get to solids

-scared it won't work and I will fail at losing weight again

Once I get it done and get a couple of months in with it, I think I will relax a bit, but right now my mind is racing! :wacko:

Red,

Congrats and Good Luck!

You will do fine. I was extremly neverous, excited scared, I think everyone emotion you could have, I had it. You have done the hardest part of it all and that is sticking with your choice to change your life and trust me it is going to truly change your life. That in itself is what kept me EXCITED about the whole process, even the 21 days on liquid, which honestly was not as bad as I had imagined. I do know alot of people who had alot of head hunger, everyone is different, but for me it really was not that bad. I did have to keep my self busy. I was VERY tight when I came home, it would take me almost a whole day to finish a small bottle of apple juice and sometimes I would not finish it. I was not hungry. The PBing, you most likely will not experience this until you start eating food. It stands for productive burbing, which means this happens when you eat too much or get stuck and you burp and the food come back up in your mouth, (YUK!) I have only had this happen once. You will not choke on solids, honestly it took me right before my second fill to get "stuck". That was the day I will never forget. I had just gotten off the phone will my fill doc and told her that I can eat almost anything and did not fill like anything was different and WHAM!!! I had a piece of meat in my mouth, phone rang, I swallowed to answer the phone and got stuck! Yeah ok...I gotta band and yeah it does work...lol.....

Anyway, you will do GREAT! You will not fail, you are wanting this, you do have to work with this band. It is not going to just fall off. You are going to have to make the right food choices and watch how much you eat (until you get really good restriction, after four fills, think I am at mine). You have to say NO to the NO NO foods! You will have to stay away from the slider foods, like chips and dips from Mexican resturants that I still can eat just as much off as before, but give me one bit of enchallida and Im done! You will learn what you can and cant do. This board is the best place for advice and the best support group of people that you could ever ask for!

Good Luck to you and keep us posted!

Carrie

One more thing I wanted to add. You most likely will have gas pains in your left shoulder (I still get them when I get really hungry, weird I know). Just take little sips of your liquids and walk walk walk. I tried the gas x strips but the walking back and forth in my living room seemed to help the most.

Carrie

Good luck you will be just fine! I wasn't nervous but was anxious to get it done and excited. Wow, feels like it was just yesterday and i'm going to be hitting 9 months this week! Everyone is different, but I do agree the gas sucks big time that was my biggest issue and sneezing of coughing hurt the incisions, but otherwise wasn't bad. To be honest I didn't get hungry until that last week and then it got bad, but thinking back that could have also been head hunger b/c I knew I could eat again soon. It's funny how much I missed chewing!

Don't even stress about PB'ing or anything just yet. That won't even be an issue most likely until a couple of fills in. So just focus on the 21 days and get through that. Mix up what you drink as much as you can or you will go crazy - use spices, whatever to make it different.

Good luck and hop on one of the computers when you are done and let us know how it went!

Thanks everyone! It helps me SO much. I will write from the OCC and let you know how I'm doing!

Hang in there sweetheart...before you know it, you will be advising other newbies. Just take the time to heal after surgery and go with the flow. Listen to your body and stay focus. You won't fail, as you've want this bad enough. Just don't expect the weight to drop overnight because it won't and like everyone says, everybody's body is different from the others.

Remember to sip, sip, sip and walk, walk, walk...not long walks, but short, mini ones to get the gas bubbles out of you.

You will be fine and you are going on an amazing ride! Woo Hoo! Jazzy!!