Hi everyone, so it is official...I faxed a copy of my cheque today and everything has been confirmed!!! Omg, I can't believe how fast it is coming!!! (Aug. 19). I have been reading all the wonderful posts on here over the last few weeks and just admire the heck out of you all and am so happy to be joining the "band family"!!!

My question to you all is this...should I be requesting a seatbelt extender for the plane? It has been about 25 years and almost 75 pounds since I last flew and the seatbelts were tight back then...of course the LAST thing I want to do is this but...I also don't want a scene on the plane should I have a problem!

Have any of you had to request one? How do I go about doing this? I am flying down on points from my credit card so not sure if I need to call the person that booked my flight or do I just call the airline (Air Canada)? Does the flight attendant bring it to you or do you have to ask once on the plane? It didn't even occur to me at the time I booked the flight but of course the closer it gets the more I am freaking out about the damn flight lol

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...I can't wait until the day I don't have to face these embarrasing issues anymore!!!!!

Jenny :blink:

28 days to go!

You can just ask the attendant when you get on the plane. Good luck with your surgery. You won't regret it.

You can just ask the attendant when you get on the plane. Good luck with your surgery. You won't regret it.

HI JENNY,

I WOULD CALL IF IT WERE ME, JUST FOR PEACE OF MIND. IF THEY ONLY HAVE 2 or 3 EXTENDERS ON BOARD EACH PLANE, I'D WANT TO MAKE SURE ONE OF THOSE WERE MINE AS NOT TO CAUSE ANY PROBLEMS.

WITH SO MUCH TALK IN THE NEWS OVER THE LAST FEW MONTHS ON AIRLINES CHARGING PEOPLE MORE IF THEY CAN'T FIT INTO A SEAT, I'M SURPRISE I HAVEN'T SEEN A THREAD HERE ON IT

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ON YOUR UPCOMING SURGERY!!! :)

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TRAVEL/06/26/obese...ines/index.html

http://www.ltech.net/naafa/news1.htm

HI JENNY,

I WOULD CALL IF IT WERE ME, JUST FOR PEACE OF MIND. IF THEY ONLY HAVE 2 or 3 EXTENDERS ON BOARD EACH PLANE, I'D WANT TO MAKE SURE ONE OF THOSE WERE MINE AS NOT TO CAUSE ANY PROBLEMS.

WITH SO MUCH TALK IN THE NEWS OVER THE LAST FEW MONTHS ON AIRLINES CHARGING PEOPLE MORE IF THEY CAN'T FIT INTO A SEAT, I'M SURPRISE I HAVEN'T SEEN A THREAD HERE ON IT

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ON YOUR UPCOMING SURGERY!!! :)

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TRAVEL/06/26/obese...ines/index.html

http://www.ltech.net/naafa/news1.htm

Good point! Do I just call the airline or the travel agent?

HI THERE - I AM ALSO SCHEDULED FOR 8/19/2009.

I AM VERY GRATEFUL I ONLY HAVE TO DRIVE ABOUT 3 HRS.

I GIVE YOU SO MUCH CREDIT FOR GOING THRU ALL OF WHAT IT TAKES TO GET THERE.

CAN YOU E-MAIL ME AT CHRISTENLECHUGA@HOTMAIL.COM SO WE CAN TALK SOME MORE?

TALK TO YOU SOON

HI THERE - I AM ALSO SCHEDULED FOR 8/19/2009.

I AM VERY GRATEFUL I ONLY HAVE TO DRIVE ABOUT 3 HRS.

I GIVE YOU SO MUCH CREDIT FOR GOING THRU ALL OF WHAT IT TAKES TO GET THERE.

CAN YOU E-MAIL ME AT CHRISTENLECHUGA@HOTMAIL.COM SO WE CAN TALK SOME MORE?

TALK TO YOU SOON

Hi Christen, I emailed you on here because I can access this email at work. If this is no good let me know and we will connect on hotmail for sure! I am so excited for you!!! Wow, you must live waaaaaaay down south...lucky girl...you get nice hot weather!!! I am so jealous, I live up north where it is mostly ick...although today was amazing out!!! I dream of retiring to a tropical locale...gawd, would be so nice!

So you are going on the 19th too! I am so excited to "meet" someone having it the same day!!! What hotel are you staying in? I am staying at the Lucerna as my g/f stayed there and raved about it...would be awesome if that is where you are too - we could do our walks together! I was originally booked at the Marriott but my g/f went on and on about the Lucerna and how good they were and how nice the pool was I figured I'd rather stay somewhere I know is going to be good so I changed hotels.

So are you going down the day before? I am flying in on the 17th (my birthday!!) and leaving on the 22nd...I NEVER get to go anywhere so I have to take my vacations where I can get em! lol Are you going down with anyone? My mum is coming down with me but we would love to meet up with someone!! When are your pre-ops? I was scheduled for the day before but my g/f said it was good to have them the day of the surgery so I changed that too...

How long have you been planning this? It has been almost 2 years for me...was originally to have this done last September 8th...had paid and was all set then I had some health problems that prevented me from having it...thus my g/f went ahead without me - boy was I devastated...don't get me wrong, I was very happy for her but I was the one that researched everything before she even knew about it....I was telling her what my plans were and she decided to have it done too lol...I am so excited that it is finally my turn!!!!

I am so happy to hear from you...hopefully some time tomorrow we can connect....I will check for you later in the morning - Wahooooo for us!!!

Jen :P

I am also from Alberta Canada and just got banded on June 25. Congrats on your upcoming date and where in Alberta are you? I am in Red Deer. I just asked for a seat belt extension when I got on the plane. I flew with westjet and they are very accommodating.

Hi, I am from Airdrie so not too far away! How have you been doing so far? I am more nervous about eating after than I am about the actual surgery!!

Great to hear from you, I look forward to hearing how you are doing now that you have the band :)

You can go to any auto parts store and buy on yourself just like you can get for your car. They are the same thing and work the same way. Keep it in your pocket or purse and connect it to the plane seatbelt when you get on and no-one will know a thing! Saves the embarrasmenet of having to ask for one when everyone can hear.

If you can't do that, ask the flight attendenet as you are getting on the plane and they will discreetly hand you one.

You can go to any auto parts store and buy on yourself just like you can get for your car. They are the same thing and work the same way. Keep it in your pocket or purse and connect it to the plane seatbelt when you get on and no-one will know a thing! Saves the embarrasmenet of having to ask for one when everyone can hear.

If you can't do that, ask the flight attendenet as you are getting on the plane and they will discreetly hand you one.

Hi, I have one for my car but didn't think it would work on the plane! That would be good...maybe I should just bring in and try...thanks for the tip!

Jen :P