One Year Bandiversary!!

It is hard to believe that one year ago today I had my band put in. I have learned so much over the past year. I went from a size 18/20w to currently size 10 in pants and large in shirts. My boobs didn't shrink much. :) It took me a little while to figure it out. I finally learned that I wasn't taking in enough calories. Once I started consuming about 1200 calories a day, the weight started to fall off. I have lost 51 pounds in the last year and feel so much better. I still have trouble every day when I look in the mirror. I still see that person that was 226 pounds and a size 18/20. I am now working on my mindset. I am not used to getting so many compliments. I still would like to lose about another 20 pounds, but if I do not lose another pound I am still very happy with where I am at now. It is a tool. It is not a quick fix and you do have to work with it. I have not had a soda or any carbonated drink in the past year and I do not miss it. I hope everyone has as much success as I have. I am currently at 2.0cc in a 4cc band. I can no longer eat bread and I have learned to LOVE broccoli. I will post some pictures this weekend. I will have to find some of me before the surgery. I was always the one behind the camera.

Congrats.... How great.... I have almost the same stats and results.... I have been platued at 173-175ish for about 3 months.... I would love to see your pics because I struggle with the same body image issues...

It is hard to believe that one year ago today I had my band put in. I have learned so much over the past year. I went from a size 18/20w to currently size 10 in pants and large in shirts. My boobs didn't shrink much. :) It took me a little while to figure it out. I finally learned that I wasn't taking in enough calories. Once I started consuming about 1200 calories a day, the weight started to fall off. I have lost 51 pounds in the last year and feel so much better. I still have trouble every day when I look in the mirror. I still see that person that was 226 pounds and a size 18/20. I am now working on my mindset. I am not used to getting so many compliments. I still would like to lose about another 20 pounds, but if I do not lose another pound I am still very happy with where I am at now. It is a tool. It is not a quick fix and you do have to work with it. I have not had a soda or any carbonated drink in the past year and I do not miss it. I hope everyone has as much success as I have. I am currently at 2.0cc in a 4cc band. I can no longer eat bread and I have learned to LOVE broccoli. I will post some pictures this weekend. I will have to find some of me before the surgery. I was always the one behind the camera.

Congrats – that is so awesome! You are doing so well, and not only can you look at your accomplishments from the outside, the weight loss and how different you look, but on how different you feel about yourself. (I always do the "where would I be now if I didn't have my band" thoughts on my anniversary - it makes me even more grateful for it).

Yaaaa – great job and happy bandiversary!

Lisa

Congratulations... I had my surgery 3 and half weeks ago.. I have pretty much the same vital statistics as you a year ago.. My decision wt. was 226, I am 5'3. I haven't had my first fill thats on Aug 5. I am a little nervous about it. but I am now 209 and walking 30 min every day. I start with 22 oz of protein drink every day and get close to 64 oz of water..so far other than the night they did the surgery having dry heaves on top of a "huge Hiatal hernia" and having fluid removed from my band and having a dye test to make sure that my band hadnt moved its been fairly painless :-) Again Congrats you give me HOPE!!! :D

Congrats on your bandiversary you have done great! I definitely understand not being able to take compliments I am still terrible with them and do not know how to respond. A constant struggle and also as I lose more I find myself finding my flaws more.

You have done a great job and I would love to see pictures! They are always so motivating!