10 day post-op stabbing pain

Hi all. I was banded on July 16th and I am doing very well. I thought the experience at the Center was fabulous and my recovery has been uneventful!!!

I have a few questions relating to pain. When I getup from a comfy chair or couch or when I bend down, I sometimes get an excruciating pain in my midriff. It takes about a minute to go away.

Is this temporary? Will it affect the band--slippage, for example? Will it affect the healing to my stomach? Is there any way to avoid this?

Many thanks

Yep, it has to do with your port area and that incision. Your band is located behind your sternum in the area between your breasts.

Congrats! I was banded on July 15th :) Doing great so far. Just yesterday I noticed that i wasn't getting those pains anymore. I am very sore around the port but the other incisions are fine. Sometimes when I am slumping at the computer it starts getting uncomfortable where the port is and directly down from it to my belly button (my surgeon put my port about 3 inches about my belly button). So from my experience it sounds like yours is right on too.

Today I have great energy and first time I really didn't want a nap at work! Good luck to you.