Just had lap band - australia

Hi There Everyone

I have just had the surgury done here in Melbourne Australia, and after 1 week I am feelong so much better than before, I have dropped 10kg ( 22 pounds if thats right lol), but got a long way to go so hoping to drop another 50 to 60 kg (110 to 132 pounds).

I recently came on here looking for soups as I can only drink liquids at the moment. This is until next Tuesday and not sure of the next step from there as I am seeing my dietician.

Regards

Daniel

Welcome! And congratulations on being "banded"! You will find many folks on here that really know alot about working with your lapband to reach your goals. Oh, and they are also really nice, too! :) All the best to you as you start your lapband journey--it sounds like you are well on your way to success!

WELCOME to Bandland Daniel!

This site is just AWESOME!! You can post any questions or concerns here and people will help guide you. We are all different in one way or another, but that's what so unique about the band! Remember to take it easy and to sip, sip, sip and walk, walk, walk. Take this time to heal and don't start with the heavy lifting for the first 3 months, to prevent any band slippage and hurting yourself. This is the time when your body and the band needs to adjust to your new eating lifestyle - and this is a good thing!

Good luck with your weight loss journey and we would love to hear from you of your progess!

Best to you...Jazzy!!

Hi There Everyone

I have just had the surgury done here in Melbourne Australia, and after 1 week I am feelong so much better than before, I have dropped 10kg ( 22 pounds if thats right lol), but got a long way to go so hoping to drop another 50 to 60 kg (110 to 132 pounds).

I recently came on here looking for soups as I can only drink liquids at the moment. This is until next Tuesday and not sure of the next step from there as I am seeing my dietician.

Regards

Daniel

Welcome to the site, Daniel. I too was just banded. I have lost 7 lbs as of yesterday, which was end of week 1. It was not an easy week for me, but no regrets. Since I'm not currently employed, I had the luxury of being able to rest and let myself heal. But about mid way through the week, I had a muscle spasm develop under my right should blade. That happened because while resting in bed, I had propped myself up to be more comfortable. I turned my head to the left to look at my cat one morning, and wow, the pain was so severe and stayed that way for a few days. Gosh was I ever miserable and could not walk or move without pain shooting through my shoulder. That doubled with the pain of my surgery, and being on a thin liquids diet made for a rough time. But now I am doing much better and the diet is much easier now that I can have liquid yogurt and cream soup. I wish you (and me!) much success with the band!

Red