Confused

I was banded with Dr. Ortiz on May 22nd of last year. Im doing well and am proud of my progress. I had two fills as of last week. I was very restricted in the morning but could eat comfortably by dinner. BUT, I always had to eat small and chew it to death. So anyways, I stalled and thought it's time for a 3rd fill. I got a call from Fill Center USA saying a new location opened up near me (I used to fly to FLA from my home in VA) so was thrilled! They said if i came on their grand opening day, I'd get a discount. I was a bit nervous but they said a teacher will be there. anyways, I got there that day and she poked and prodded but said she added .4 cc. No solids for two days. Day 3 I added soup but I could have a lot. I could chug down my drink and now I'm eating food on day 5 like I have no band. I called Fill Center USA and they said according to the papers, it shows .4 was added so there should be no problem. Anyone else experience this? After a fill, feel less restricted? I'm eating a lot! :-?

Interesting - not sure, never had this issue. You think you may have a leak somehow with them poking/prodding? Did they measure how much you had before you got this fill of .4cc? And do you know what you have now? So, if you have a 2.4cc already, then they should have filled you with 2.4cc PLUS the .4cc they just put in - means you should have a total of 2.8cc fill.

When I received my 3 fills, I wasn't super tight, but had restrictions for sure. Maybe give it another few days and if you are still eating more than you normally have been eating, then it's time to question the fill amount at that fill center.

Just saying...good luck! Jazzy!

Thanks. Fill Center USA said to give it two weeks to "kick in". But, I just don't think it should be this easy. :-( I was 2 cc full and now I'm 2.4 cc. If in 2 weeks it doesn't get better, I'm going back. Wish me luck!

Thanks. Fill Center USA said to give it two weeks to "kick in". But, I just don't think it should be this easy. :-( I was 2 cc full and now I'm 2.4 cc. If in 2 weeks it doesn't get better, I'm going back. Wish me luck!

Good plan. Keep the focus and make sure you are doing the portion control rules and go from there. Don't focus too hard...just be normal and go about your normal daily routine.

Good luck sweetie - Jazzy!!