A Few of My Favorite Things..

Red

OK so I am day 13 since surgery (down 8 lbs.) and I have been a very good girl, obeying all the rules. But I am here to tell you that I CAN'T WAIT to chew on some REAL food!!! Next week Tuesday is going to be my day to go on to solids. Thank God!

I am hoping for some feedback on foods that I would like to incorporate into my diet again, that are healthy, but may not go down. I understand that most people seem to avoid white foods such as pasta and bread and also stringy veggies such as artichokes, asparagus (both on my favorites list, darn it), etc., but there are variations of those things that maybe some of you have had experience with. Here are some of my favorites you can comment on...

Ezekial Bread (actually has no flour in it, dense, low carb and great toasted)

Whole wheat pasta (much healthier than regular pasta)

Corn

Whole Grain Crackers

Salad (I love it all)

Boiled eggs

Watermelon, cantalope and other melons

Cheese (low fat mozzarella sticks, smoked gouda, cream cheese)

Grilled shrimp, crab, smoked salmon, oysters

Corn tortillas

Popcorn

Wow, I have to stop because I'm getting really hungary thinking about these! :popcorm1:

Red

OK so I am day 13 since surgery (down 8 lbs.) and I have been a very good girl, obeying all the rules. But I am here to tell you that I CAN'T WAIT to chew on some REAL food!!! Next week Tuesday is going to be my day to go on to solids. Thank God!

I am hoping for some feedback on foods that I would like to incorporate into my diet again, that are healthy, but may not go down. I understand that most people seem to avoid white foods such as pasta and bread and also stringy veggies such as artichokes, asparagus (both on my favorites list, darn it), etc., but there are variations of those things that maybe some of you have had experience with. Here are some of my favorites you can comment on...

Ezekial Bread (actually has no flour in it, dense, low carb and great toasted)

Whole wheat pasta (much healthier than regular pasta)

Corn

Whole Grain Crackers

Salad (I love it all)

Boiled eggs

Watermelon, cantalope and other melons

Cheese (low fat mozzarella sticks, smoked gouda, cream cheese)

Grilled shrimp, crab, smoked salmon, oysters

Corn tortillas

Popcorn

Wow, I have to stop because I'm getting really hungary thinking about these! :popcorm1:

Red

I meant "hungry", not hungary!!

You will learn trial and error on what you can eat. You will find that some of use can't eat pasta, well others can, same with just

about everything on the list. You might be able to eat all those things before you get your fills, and just a few after you hit your "sweet spot"

I can eat everything on your list if I chew chew chew and take small bites, The bad things like real popcorn (I work in a bar that makes it like at the movies)

seem to go down way to easy. I don't even bother with bread, just takes to much effort!

Good Luck, and isn't it amazing how we all made it 3 weeks on liquid? I never thought I could do it.

Take care,

I had trouble with most of these items at the beginning but now that I am 1 year out, I have found a rhythm and can eat just about anything except for rice in moderation.... Good luck, take it slow and realize that somedays things will work and some days they wont... Good luck..

Shy

I could eat anything at first and now after 5 fills really the only thing out for me is bread. Some stuff I can't do until evening and I have to go slow, but can do them all still. Everyone is so different it just depends so you now have to go through that fun trial and error we all love! :)

Hi Red on Congrats!!!

Here are some thing on your list that I CAN NOT eat....The only thing that I just could not eat up until around my second fill what the boiled eggs....My band HATED eggs! and still does unless they are scrambled VERY runny!....I have had four feels and now the foods on your list that I cant eat is Bread, pasta Shimp, have to be VERY careful with and only at night on a very loose day, no tortillas at all, .crackers,very limited, I just dont try...Something else that is not on your list is a Carrott and it does not how little of a piece, a carrott is just EVIL!!!!!..everthing else i can eat....POPCORN,....YUMMM...Have to be very carefule with that one, I can eat ALOT of popcorn....

Carrie

Hi Red on Congrats!!!

Here are some thing on your list that I CAN NOT eat....The only thing that I just could not eat up until around my second fill what the boiled eggs....My band HATED eggs! and still does unless they are scrambled VERY runny!....I have had four feels and now the foods on your list that I cant eat is Bread, pasta Shimp, have to be VERY careful with and only at night on a very loose day, no tortillas at all, .crackers,very limited, I just dont try...Something else that is not on your list is a Carrott and it does not how little of a piece, a carrott is just EVIL!!!!!..everthing else i can eat....POPCORN,....YUMMM...Have to be very carefule with that one, I can eat ALOT of popcorn....

Carrie

I will never call an egg EVIL, no matter what it will do to me. I LOVE eggs! :P I realize now that I will just have to try the foods and see what happens, but I'm terrified of the pain you guys say occurs when something gets stuck. Maybe I can be that ONE bandster that will never get stuck and never PB!! (uh huh, sure). Well, I'm down 9 lbs. I need to increase my walking now that I'm going on to solids, because I don't want to gain those pounds back. I'm also going to make my fill appointment with the OCC for a couple of weeks from now so I have something to look forward to! Love ya guys! :lb13: