getting a fill after birth of baby

Hi all,

My c-section is scheduled for Aug 26. How long should I wait to get a new fill? I still have about 2 cc in band and have good restriction. The band has really helped keep my weight within the correct boundaries during this pregnancy. I will be 34 weeks this coming Saturday. Doctors say I should only gain up to 15 pounds. I have gained about 10 now.

Thanks!!

Hi all,

My c-section is scheduled for Aug 26. How long should I wait to get a new fill? I still have about 2 cc in band and have good restriction. The band has really helped keep my weight within the correct boundaries during this pregnancy. I will be 34 weeks this coming Saturday. Doctors say I should only gain up to 15 pounds. I have gained about 10 now.

Thanks!!

SEE HOW YOU FEEL AFTER A FEW WEEKS, YOU'LL BE HEALING. THEN I'D WORK FROM THERE

GOOD LUCK!!!

OH my gosh girlie!! so proud of you!! way to go

you are keeping your confidence. you will be at goal in no time

Congrats on the prego! Boy or Girl? Are you going to breastfeed? because you may need more cal intake to produce enough milk. Check with your OB and Dr ortiz. After having 2 c/s you may not feel up to more limitations such as food, if something were to get stuck and the pain of that on top of the c/s you may want to play it by ear. with my first c/s the pain was unbearable, the burning at this incision especially trying to get out of bed but the second wasn't a problem with pain. Some suggestions from the point of an ob nurse and c/s mom, stay away from straws, and of course carbonation, keep moving, there is a fine line between overdoing it and being a human slug. take care of you and baby let others take care of house and cooking, if you need something get it. If your bleeding increases then you are probably overdoing it, yes you will bleed some with a c/s but not as much as a vag. Sorry if I have said too much but I wish you and your family the best. Wish you were in tampa so I could take care of you and the baby but am sure you will get the best care out there.

OCC says 4 weeks; I had a scheduled cesarean too and I was ready at 4 weeks and did great. I did not breastfeed but you need to consider that too....

Good luck

Thanks KarenLynn... I knew you had been through a very successful lapband pregnancy. I was hoping to hear from you!!! I have not decided on breast feeding yet. It is just my husband and I with no family close by. So I am not sure if bottle feeding or breastfeeding will work best for us. I do want to try breastfeeding though.