Abs and Arms

Hey folks! I am looking for some new exercises specifically for my abs and arms. So if you have any please post.

Overall i'm fairly happy with my body except for those two areas. I don't have that "apron" that you hear folks talk about on their lower belly - rather I have this weird spare tire above my belly button that goes around to each side but not on my back. But the worst is the "bat wings" on my arms. I've been doing work and my upper arm is getting strong (biceps, etc...), but that underarm is just nasty! I'd like to tighten it up as much as I can with exercise before I decide if surgery is in order. Money is about to get tight so i'm not sure i'll be able to do that in the near future.

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

abs / core - specific anything for that area isn't really necessary.. ... you should be getting enough core work by lifting & cardio.

everyone has abs - they're just normally covered by fat.

:) that means more cardio.

what are you currently doing for arms, tri's and ab/core?

you should be concentrating on shoulders/biceps & triceps.

They're all important, and connected in one way or another.

I'm a fan of keeping it very simple.

More exercises, won't make things happen quicker.

Keep the sets easy -

ie. 3 sets of 12 - then pick 1 exercise for each muscle group.

Once you reach a physical plateau, change it up, and/or increase exercises, to maybe 2, but no more than that.

This is pretty standard split, and what I do:

12x3 for all exercises - about a 1 min between sets.

Intensity should be at about 6/10 for the first set, and increase for the other 2. You want to max yourself out by the last set.

shoulders - seated db (db=dumbbell) shoulder presses OR ez-curl bar upright rows OR standing bent over flyes.

biceps - db hammer curls, seated db curls

triceps - standing t-bar push downs (on a cable machine) OR, DB bent over kick backs ... or sit your bum on the back of a bench, and do dips - elevate legs for more intensity.

hope this helps! :)

Thanks everyone!!! These are helping keep them coming!!!

I can't afford to go to a gym, so i've been trying to be creative around the house. Here is what i'm doing now:

- Running 2-3 days a week anywhere from 2.5 to 4 miles

- Zumba - was doing more, but since i'm running more i've laid off so I don't overdo it. Maybe go 2-3 x's/ month

- I've also started doing some weights. All I have at the house are 5lb hand weights, but I don't know if those are gonna do much I probably need heavier ones but I just can't afford it right now. I also have resistance bands and with both these i've been trying to do targeted exercises on my tricepts especially but trying to hit my arms in general although I really don't know what i'm doing reps wise so I just do it for a while until it hurts and then do something else. Educated huh! :)

Haven't done anything abs wise yet but would like to now start.

Hi! Try push ups. Do 10-12 at a time, these are reps or (repetitions) and do 3 times with some rest in between about 45 sec to a minute, these are sets. If you can't do regular push ups then start with your knees down its easier and then work up to one knee and the regular as you get stronger. Then try putting your hands on floor together to make a diamond shaped space with your index fingers touching and your thumbs touching. Then place on floor beneeth your chest. These are intense and if you can only do 2 or three at first your doing great. They work different muscles so try to do them after your regular push ups. Also you should breathe out while pushing and in when releasing.

Thanks everyone!!! These are helping keep them coming!!!

I can't afford to go to a gym, so i've been trying to be creative around the house. Here is what i'm doing now:

- Running 2-3 days a week anywhere from 2.5 to 4 miles

- Zumba - was doing more, but since i'm running more i've laid off so I don't overdo it. Maybe go 2-3 x's/ month

- I've also started doing some weights. All I have at the house are 5lb hand weights, but I don't know if those are gonna do much I probably need heavier ones but I just can't afford it right now. I also have resistance bands and with both these i've been trying to do targeted exercises on my tricepts especially but trying to hit my arms in general although I really don't know what i'm doing reps wise so I just do it for a while until it hurts and then do something else. Educated huh! :)

Haven't done anything abs wise yet but would like to now start.

Check this link out! I like it cuz it has explanations and videos...

http://askthetrainer.com/toning-triceps.html

Red

You all ROCK these are great!!!! Thanks so much and keep 'em coming!!!! :)