Finally banded Fri 8/7

I was finally banded and I'm on my 5th day into this. The gas pain has been terribly uncomfortable, but I keep reminding myself that everyday it will get better. I thought I would be starving on my liquid diet but my body is just not hungry. That's incredible to me!! I'm plugging along waiting for day 8. My experience with OCC was great. Everyone was really nice. I was the only person having surgery that day, so I had the luxury of having plenty of attention. If I had to say one thing, was that my meeting with nutritionist seemed a little rushed. She spoke really fast and and tried to cover a power point presentation and go over some paperwork at the same time. She was so rushed she didn't give me a goal and when I asked later they said she would be getting back to me, but she never did and frankly my mind was not concerned about my goal at that time. I figure I'll just email her, but I was a little disapointed with that. I've decided to set little goals for myself and try to concentrate on reaching those.

Thanks to everyone who has posted their experiences on this forum. Your information has been very helpful and I could not have done it without your valuable input.

Thanks for your support!!! :wub:

BmeAgain

I was finally banded and I'm on my 5th day into this. The gas pain has been terribly uncomfortable, but I keep reminding myself that everyday it will get better. I thought I would be starving on my liquid diet but my body is just not hungry. That's incredible to me!! I'm plugging along waiting for day 8. My experience with OCC was great. Everyone was really nice. I was the only person having surgery that day, so I had the luxury of having plenty of attention. If I had to say one thing, was that my meeting with nutritionist seemed a little rushed. She spoke really fast and and tried to cover a power point presentation and go over some paperwork at the same time. She was so rushed she didn't give me a goal and when I asked later they said she would be getting back to me, but she never did and frankly my mind was not concerned about my goal at that time. I figure I'll just email her, but I was a little disapointed with that. I've decided to set little goals for myself and try to concentrate on reaching those.

Thanks to everyone who has posted their experiences on this forum. Your information has been very helpful and I could not have done it without your valuable input.

BmeAgain

Congratulations! How exciting you are well on your way! I am being banded next Wednesday (19th)...can't wait to join everyone on the other side!

Look forward to hearing how you are doing!

BmeAgain

Congratulations BmeAgain! :lb21:

Today is day 22 for me and I can start eating regular solid food. I'm down 11 pounds as of this morning and pretty excited about that. I hear that the time between eating solids and getting the first fill is the hardest because there isn't that feeling of restriction yet and some people gain the weight back they lost in the first 21 days. I hope that is not the case for me.

You will be going through some discomfort and if you are like me, you will get tired easily. I found that I could only do so much and then I had to go lay down and rest. I didn't push myself. I walked when I got those gas pains and that helped a lot. You will feel better each day so hang in there and just let yourself heal. The only discomfort I have at day 22 is the occasional pain at the port site. It is still pretty tender but I can sleep on either side or even on my stomach if I want, without it hurting. Take care!

Red

First off congrats! Welcome to the other side!

I had more pain that most people described, but do know that it gets better and after a while I forget how much it hurt until I read my old blogs. Just stick with the plan and i'm sure you will do great. Can't wait to hear about your progress!!!

HI bmeagain!

Congrats on your surgery! I had mine Friday, Aug 14 and I agree that the meeting with Dr Miranda seemed rushed. We didn't discuss a goal weight for me but I didn't mind. My thinnest was 142 but I look best at 150-160#. So I'll see.

It's day 3 for me and I'm working through the gas. The gas pains are something no one can tell you about, I think -- I didn't expect to burp so much! And walking only pushes it out the other end! :P

Here's to our journey!