Going for my 3rd fill tomorrow!

I am going for my 3rd fill tomorrow. (Friday 14th) I did feel some restriction after the second, but lost it. :-? So, it gives me hope that this will be the fill I need to make the difference.

I am a slow looser, but a looser none the less!! Woo hoo! So I am looking forward to stepping on the Dr.'s office scale to see what it says. As it is different than my scale.

I had an episode of "slimming" the other day. It was not good and I began to wonder if I was ever going to stop.

TMI WARNING!!!!

I filled up 1/3 of a bottle that held 20 oz. with nothing but the yucky spit. It was a real eye opener. One thing I have noticed is I don't PB, well I have once....most the time I puke if something gets stuck and I don't chew well enough. Matter of fact a while ago I actually PB and I was like, Oh, so that is what a PB is. For some reason, I am a puker.

One thing I am aware of is how hard it is to accept a smaller portion. It's hard to wrap my head around it. Especially if the food is yummy. PUT THE FORK DOWN AND STEP AWAY FROM THE TABLE!! LMAO. Sad that it's such a challenge and sad that it's still a learining curve, still it is my truth.

I am getting much better about my binge eating at night! That is a victory! I am on a carb cycle right now. It stinks to battle so with myself. Part of my wants to get off the marry-go-round the other part says ride it! One fact that I am grateful for is that I am not gaining even if my eating junk has been terrible! When I kick this vicious cycle I am confident I will have better weight loss.

I have been trying to keep up on reading the posts, just been a lurker for a while. Which brings up another question.....how are all the lurkers out there! LOL Love to hear from everyone! Seems it brings such a good balance to the board not to mention awareness that there are so many of us/you out there!

Hugs to you all!

AngieB

Angie,

Good luck with your 3rd fill.

It is a learning curve and it is a challenge! But, I know you will succeed.

The only thing that ever worked for me as far as binge eating was concerned was NOT having my binge trigger foods in the house to begin with. But, that will only work if you have trigger foods. If you are not particular about what you binge on, and if just any old food will do, then that would not work for you. For instance, we do not keep ice cream in the house. Sometimes I try to bring it back in for my kids, but it does not work and I have to ban it from the house again. I even try getting weird flavors that I do not like. It just does not work.

I hate slime-ing worse than PB-ing. Yuck is the word.

Take care.

Dawn

Angie,

Good luck with your 3rd fill.

It is a learning curve and it is a challenge! But, I know you will succeed.

The only thing that ever worked for me as far as binge eating was concerned was NOT having my binge trigger foods in the house to begin with. But, that will only work if you have trigger foods. If you are not particular about what you binge on, and if just any old food will do, then that would not work for you. For instance, we do not keep ice cream in the house. Sometimes I try to bring it back in for my kids, but it does not work and I have to ban it from the house again. I even try getting weird flavors that I do not like. It just does not work.

I hate slime-ing worse than PB-ing. Yuck is the word.

Take care.

Dawn

I know what you mean about not having it around. I do great at not binging when we are out of everything that I tend to lean on. I have eliminated several things, as well as trying different types, like you said. Cereal is a bad trigger for me. So I bought fruit loops, and still got into them and I don't care much for fruit loops. Really it is sad how I can get. I made a pan of brownies the other night because we were having company over. They ended up not coming over, great! I am proud to say I have not eaten the entire pan by my lonesome. This is a marked improvement. I can get so terrible! I can see huge strides, so that is very positive, now I have to keep building on them!

Good to hear from you again Dawn!

Hi Angie!

Good to see you again. Good luck tomorrow on your fill, hope this one does the trick for you. I have had four so far and this one seems to be doing pretty good. The small portion is a big thing for me. If I got eat..hmm say fajitas, I have to put a couple fo pieces on my little plate and some beans. If not I will try to eat them off the plate, know good and well I cant eat all of that, but for some reason I try!!! Go figure! hmmm hello Carrie....lol

Keep us posted on how it goes!

Carrie

Hey Angie!

Good luck with your fill! Thanks for posting--I hadn't seen you on in a while and I was wondering how you were doing. Have you read on here (or other forums) about the 5-day pouch test? It is designed to help you get off of the carb rollercoaster. Here's the link, if you're interested: 5-day Pouch Test

I hope all is well with you, little lady. :)

Too funny how different we all are...I have never slimed I always PB. I'm getting better with my breathing and allowing the food to pass instead of like I used to and PB'ing pretty quick.

Good luck on that fill! Totally makes sense that you lost it after a while but since you had it this time you should get it again.