need advice

I was banded December 2008. I haven't lost weight. I've gained weight instead.

I need advice on how to lose weight.

It's august and I was hoping to be at my ideal weight by now.

please support me. :((

i went to get a fill in Mexico last week... it's at the recommendation.

going to the gym 4-5x week.

is cutting eating enough or am i supposed to do more?

Are you drinking your calories or eating high calorie food? It sounds like your doing everything right but I had a friend banded with me and she hasn't lost much and its because of her food choices. Keep up the exercise (thats awesome) Do you feel restriction? I know its discouraging but keep your eye on the prize!

I was banded December 2008. I haven't lost weight. I've gained weight instead.

I need advice on how to lose weight.

It's august and I was hoping to be at my ideal weight by now.

please support me. :((

i went to get a fill in Mexico last week... it's at the recommendation.

going to the gym 4-5x week.

is cutting eating enough or am i supposed to do more?

Hi,

I'm looking for advice too because I had my surgery 3 weeks ago and cheated right away and I feel like a failure. I feel horrible about cheating and am out of control. I made my first fill appt for 5th week post op. I can't wait to have my fills because I hang on to hope that the band will eventually help me. There must be other people in your situation that haven't asked for help or reached out to anyone.

You are doing a great job by working out and you are probably gaining muscle which weighs more than fat. To ensure that you are on the right track with weight loss, you should be aware of the calories you are consuming in a day. You have to use more calories than you consume. I've been in fantastic shape before by working out and eating 1200 calories per day. In the past few years though, I have been injured and depressed and ate myself into a mess. I have a problem with control that I just can't seem to overcome. We just need to reach out and be supportive to each other.

I wish you much success and I hope you reach your goal!

Cathy

I agree, I think both of you should start logging your food, this will help so much! Dont forget to log your liquids as well, they can have a TON of caloires, depending on what you are drinking. Also ask yourself if you are eating foods that are high in protien and what kinds of foods are you eating. Are you eating fried, breaded, pasts, high carbs...or you eating "slider" foods, chips dip, ice cream, food that goes straight through your band. The one thing that is hard for me, even after my fourth fill, is the band does not POLICE what type of food goes into your mouth, YOU have to do this. As anything, I HATE exercise, but something is better than nothing. Maybe try parking futher away in parking losts, go for a 10-15 min walk, baby steps never hurt anyone, I know it did not hurt me.....

Stay positive and after you start getting your fills, it will help!

Carrie

It would be helpful to know what foods you are eating like everyone else has said. Also there is also the chance that you are not eating enough calories since you are exercising. Look forward to hearing more from you.

dawn

I started logging my food:

Monday: breakfast - oatmeal

lunch & dinner - squash with onion and garlic

Tuesday:

morning: oatmeal - couldn't eat too much

made a brocolli soup - drank 1 bowl

dinner - did tacos - ate one taco and a bit of salad

Wednesday: made chickpeas - 2 small saucers (lunch and breakfast)

- had a 1/4 chicken thigh and mash potatoes for supper

Thursday: - small bowl of chickpeas.

I started logging my food:

Monday: breakfast - oatmeal

lunch & dinner - squash with onion and garlic

Tuesday:

morning: oatmeal - couldn't eat too much

made a brocolli soup - drank 1 bowl

dinner - did tacos - ate one taco and a bit of salad

Wednesday: made chickpeas - 2 small saucers (lunch and breakfast)

- had a 1/4 chicken thigh and mash potatoes for supper

Thursday: - small bowl of chickpeas.

You know, I dont think you are eating enough calories. How are you doing on your Protien and WATER intake. I think these two are really important. I think you did GREAT with logging your food, this will help you SO much!

Way to go! Keep up the good work!

Carrie