Enlighten and fire me up .. extra points if you do lol!

Hi everyone,

Im here for some support and advice.

I guess its hard and we are in the same boat.

I cant excercise im too lazy and have no motivation as is the story of my life, what do you do to motivate yourself?

Also frigging chocolate and icecream.... how do i stop? I dont eat big meals thats GREAT but then i eat the rubbish that goes down so well and yum.

I dont eat bread much at all, cant get it down, same with my vegetarian chicken fillets. I have the band but im not doing it well. Jusrt need some enlightenment and positivity cause i know how to do it but i feel i just cant?

Oh and im soo lethargic...

xx

Hi everyone,

I cant excercise im too lazy and have no motivation as is the story of my life, what do you do to motivate yourself?

Also frigging chocolate and icecream.... how do i stop? I dont eat big meals thats GREAT but then i eat the rubbish that goes down so well and yum.

I dont eat bread much at all, cant get it down, same with my vegetarian chicken fillets. I have the band but im not doing it well. Jusrt need some enlightenment and positivity cause i know how to do it but i feel i just cant?

xx

I have recently had my 3rd fill. I am feeling the "restriction" now and that in itself has given me a boost. For me, the motavators I have are simple.

1. I want to be healthy and feel better. I don't want to feel lazy or laggy anymore. For a long while I have avoided social settings and have felt ashamed of myself. I want to change that.

2. I don't want my son to remember me as a heavy/fat momma. I want to avoid him and his friends saying fat statements about me. Kids are honest and say the darndest things....ya know.

3. I want to feel good about myself in reguards to my husband. He deserves to have a wife who looks and feels great, and who is HEALTHY!!! Not to mention my weight has affected out sex life. I don't have the confidence I once had and sure the heck don't have the stamina.

I would say those are my top reasons that I think of. Not saying there are not many others.

I had this surgery for a reason. To help me get healthy/fit and keep the weight off once I have lost it again. I've had a slower start. Which is my foodie issues playing a big role in my new bandster lifestyle. It's been a process for me. One that I am working on. Key word is working! For me I have to want it and go after it. I know from experience I will feel great once I see some victories!!! Carrie posted her journey in pictures. That is inspiring.

Start small, do one thing at a time if motivation is difficult. I joined a gym last night. Yep! I am also recovering from a pretty bad sprained ankle. I am not letting it be an excuse or a reason to put off what I can do today. I won't be able to do everything, but I can start. That is what I need a start. Besides, as a mother and a wife, I am looking forward to some Angie time. Do something, one thing, and build on the momentum.

If I can do it - anyone can. I had my surgery in April. To date I have lost 25 lbs!!! Now, these results are not as good as some, but they are my results. Key word results. For the longest time I have been putting on weight. So this 25 is a victory for me. I have high hopes that I will not have to re-loose the 25lbs. That is where the band come in. I can do the work, I want the help to keep it off.

The band is not a fix all. You have to use it as a tool. That mean you have to do something. Let's get going! We can do this together!!!

Thank you for your reply, it was lovely to feel your inspiration and strength through a mere post on a forum.

You made a lot of sense and afterall it was a big step to take, but the biggest step is to change my or our attitudes as such.

Sooo babysteps! I did 3km on the treadmill to Alanis morrisette after I read your post :) I am going to aim to do 3km in the morning and then 3km at night.

I am also going to try to have slimshakes again cause i have more than 100 left, until i lose 10 kilos. Thats my baby goal!

Also as you mostly use imperial here is the conversion: 22.5 lb = 10.2058 kg

I will keep you updated maybe I will start of find a excercise thread to post my emotions and sweat lol!

I hate exercise but I found something that I love to do. You have to find something you love. Walking. Riding your bike. I got weird and found pole dancing, it is a blast and hard work. What about Zumba, have you tried that, it is very fun too.

Hi everyone,

xx

I agree totally on the baby steps. Many people try to go out and go full force and then burn themselves out. STart slow and work your way up. For me, having a picture of my niece around does it for me. She is the reason I did this I can't have her remembering me as the aunt that couldn't play w/ her in the yard b/c I was too big. So seeing this pretty much does it for me...

6253_515047818532_65100739_30598773.jpg

You can do it!!!

>>find something YOU like to do ... swimming? tennis? take a salsa class? go for a bike ride? walk the dog? ...

Also frigging chocolate and ice cream.... how do i stop?

>> DON'T BUY IT. DON'T KEEP IT IN YOUR HOUSE.

I dont eat big meals thats GREAT but

then i eat the rubbish that goes down so well and yum.

>> SEE ABOVE. DON"T BUY IT. Only keep high protein foods in the house. Pre-pack all meals for work/school.

Stay away from pre-packaged foods.

I dont eat bread much at all, cant get it down, same with my vegetarian chicken fillets.

>> There is no nutritional value in bread, so don't bother with it.

Time to start eating HIGH protein foods.

>> This is caused from lack of PROTEIN & healthy fats.

Hi everyone,

xx

Hi WormButterfly!

First I just wanted to say, somethings are easier said than done, Im sure that is why we ALL have been banded. This is a very hard process and yes it would be so damn easy if we just could do everything "perfect", but we have not been doing this to begin with, so yes we all have bumps and we all need support and advice!

I have days sometimes weeks that I just dont feel like doing nothing, Im sure that I am suppose to say that I exercise everyday and I eat everything perfect, well I dont. I go through modes where I dont want to exercise, yes I know I need to but it is hard at times. This is when I come here and get SUPPORT from others and try my best to pick myself up and do better, and in my opinion that is all we can do! OK with that Off my chest.....Wanted to say much more, however I did VERY good with keeping that under control....

My ADVICE to you would be start counting your calories and maybe take it DAY for DAY...OK today I am going to eat this this and this..WATER WATER WATER!! This is a HUGE thing for me.....The more water I drink, the better I do....If the ice cream and chocolate is a big thing for you, and say you eat it EVERYDAY, maybe try to say ok...ok Wednesday and Saturday ...whatever day....i can have a cup of icecream and two squares of chocolate...Then the rest of the week, do your best ! Make heathly food choices, stay away from fried and breaded foods. Try to stay away from eating out. Again maybe reward yourself once a week, maybe until you can get it under control.....Make a List of YOUR No No foods and make a goals to not eat them for a whole week and go further out from there.....

My Support to you.... is LIVE YOUR LIFE....try not to make food and this band ALL you think about....OMGoshhh I did this at first and like to drove myself crazy.....Food ONCE AGAIN was controlling my life, actions, thoughts, EVERYTHING I did was about food! Just LIVE!

Good Luck to you.....As for as earning some points, I encourage you to make goals and earn your own points for each thing you do better! You have already made the decision to do something for yourself. Jump the bump and get on your straight road....Dont look in the review mirrow, press the gas and haul a@* from here! (I think that is going to be my new saying...lol)

Carrie

I dont eat bread much at all, cant get it down, same with my vegetarian chicken fillets.

>> There is no nutritional value in bread, so don't bother with it.

Time to start eating HIGH protein foods.

"There is no nutritional value in bread, so don't bother with it"

What??

Sorry Lindsey, but that is really wrong information.

With all the different types of bread out there, and the different ingredients, one has only to get educated on what to look for in a bread. I have heard on this forum that a lot of folks can't get the bread down, but that doesn't make bread non-nutritious. Not by a stretch. I found a very good article on bread at www.everydiet.org/articles/bread.htm. One of my favorite healthy breads is Ezekiel bread and is mentioned in this article:

"The bible also gives one of the earliest recipes for sprouted grain bread. It reads, in Ezekiel 4:9-17: “Take thou also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentils, and millet, and fitches, and put them in one vessel, and make thee bread thereof...".

It is especially good toasted and is made of sprouted grains...not flour.

Another site says "In the case of Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Bread, the result is an organic, nutritionally-dense, high fiber bread that also is a complete protein — one of the few breads on the market that contain all 9 essential amino acids, is low in fat, has no Trans Fats or cholesterol and is generally low in sodium. "

This isn't the only nutritional bread on the market, but it is a great example of a VERY healthy one.

Red

In addition...

Here is a Canadian equivialent:

http://www.healthywaybread.com/about/can/flax_loaf.html

Hi WormButterfly!

First I just wanted to say, somethings are easier said than done, Im sure that is why we ALL have been banded. This is a very hard process and yes it would be so damn easy if we just could do everything "perfect", but we have not been doing this to begin with, so yes we all have bumps and we all need support and advice!

I have days sometimes weeks that I just dont feel like doing nothing, Im sure that I am suppose to say that I exercise everyday and I eat everything perfect, well I dont. I go through modes where I dont want to exercise, yes I know I need to but it is hard at times. This is when I come here and get SUPPORT from others and try my best to pick myself up and do better, and in my opinion that is all we can do! OK with that Off my chest.....Wanted to say much more, however I did VERY good with keeping that under control....

My ADVICE to you would be start counting your calories and maybe take it DAY for DAY...OK today I am going to eat this this and this..WATER WATER WATER!! This is a HUGE thing for me.....The more water I drink, the better I do....If the ice cream and chocolate is a big thing for you, and say you eat it EVERYDAY, maybe try to say ok...ok Wednesday and Saturday ...whatever day....i can have a cup of icecream and two squares of chocolate...Then the rest of the week, do your best ! Make heathly food choices, stay away from fried and breaded foods. Try to stay away from eating out. Again maybe reward yourself once a week, maybe until you can get it under control.....Make a List of YOUR No No foods and make a goals to not eat them for a whole week and go further out from there.....

My Support to you.... is LIVE YOUR LIFE....try not to make food and this band ALL you think about....OMGoshhh I did this at first and like to drove myself crazy.....Food ONCE AGAIN was controlling my life, actions, thoughts, EVERYTHING I did was about food! Just LIVE!

Good Luck to you.....As for as earning some points, I encourage you to make goals and earn your own points for each thing you do better! You have already made the decision to do something for yourself. Jump the bump and get on your straight road....Dont look in the review mirrow, press the gas and haul a@* from here! (I think that is going to be my new saying...lol)

Carrie

Carrie,

Thank you for that post...that was sooooo inspirational and RIGHT ON!!!!!! This is a "journey", like we always refer to on this forum. But journeys can be easy, or they can be really difficult. The road can be smooth and then bam!, all of a sudden you hit a pot hole! or a stretch of dirt and gravel before you reach a section of freshly laid asphalt! Right? Right!! We all are on a different road! But that doesn't mean we all don't have "roadside assistance" at this forum, where you call your fellow bandsters here at this site and let us know what the problem is and we show up to support each other! Well, most of us anyway :mosking:

Red,

I *love* that! "Roadside assistance"...how perfectly apt!

Way to go...I'm telling you, between Carrie's 'Don't look in the rearview mirror...press the gas and haul a$$' and your 'roadside assistance' comments, today has been a banner day for me, gathering little quips that help along the way.

Thanks, you guys!!

Big hugs to all,

When you're only eating 900-1200 cal a day, weight training & doing cardio, there is no value.

I completely hold my ground on that.

I was dieting with Cathy Savage (from Oxygen Mag), and she advocated Ezekiel bread, but only half a slice, once a day - only for the initial dieting phase - first 3 months or so, you have that option --

it was barely worth even adding ... there are so many other carbohydrate sources to pick from, that are far more filling.

The majority of us have problems stopping at half a slice.

She's the only fitness/bodybuilding nutritionist I've worked with that has had it on the 'eat' list. The rest, no way.

I want to be CLEAR --

I'm talking about dieting.

Not casual eating healthy, where other foods are permitted, such as fat free salad dressings & other pre-packaged foods.

Those are 2 different things.

I'm a whole food eater, and I've found with years of fitness dieting, that pre-made foods made me stray ...

The only foods I eat are:

Fats:

(DO NOT use oil for cooking, only pam spray)

almonds (use almost exclusively) – 14 almonds is about 7g fat

olive oil (too easy to overuse)

flax oil, same dosing as olive oil

Natural peanut butter, cashew butter, almond butter (too easy to overeat) -1 tablespoon

Proteins:

Chicken breast

egg whites

whey protein (use sparingly, too fast acting, can be mixed with another protein source though, IE: 6 egg whites, 1 scoop whey, etc.)

Caseinate protein powder

Flank steak (up to one time a day)

filet mignon better than flank steak

fish (if you use salmon or another fatty fish, only have it once per day, and would be in place of the flank/filet mignon)

turkey breast

EXTRA lean ground beef

Carbohydrates:

brown rice

potatoes

Yams

grits

oats (not "instant oatmeal in packets")

Plain or lightly salted rice cakes

white rice (only post workout)

Veggies:

Brocolli

cucumbers

cauliflower

Asparagus

pickles

lettuce (use red wine vinegar, lemon juice, and even splenda as your dressing)

..to name a few of my usual.

Drink only water or the sugar free juices listed below. You do not want to drink calories. No milk, no juice.

Eat as much as you want of the following:

Splenda

equal

sugar free jello

sugar free kool aid

Crystal light

Wyler's sugar free juice

any sugar free, fat free spice. IE: mustard, soy sauce, salt, pepper, garlic, etc.

AGAIN, my background is in fitness nutrition.

This is the basis for our diets - and our results are based on hard work & dedication to this diet that we can't stray from or our results will suffer.

It's important to have a full understand of how the body works, including how it responds to GI levels .. and how YOUR body responds.

My body HATES breads, which is why I have never really kept it in the house - my boyfriend can't live without it, though.

Hey Lindsay!

When you posted about whey protein being too "fast acting", can you explain that a little more? Does it mean that whey protein is metabolized faster than other protein types? Thanks!

the body digests it more quickly than sources like meat.

if you're only eating a couple meals a day, i'd not use whey.. i'd use casein (a dairy protein that is very slow digesting) if you want to use a powder, or stick with chicken, lean red meat, fish, etc.

I have recently had my 3rd fill. I am feeling the "restriction" now and that in itself has given me a boost. For me, the motavators I have are simple.

1. I want to be healthy and feel better. I don't want to feel lazy or laggy anymore. For a long while I have avoided social settings and have felt ashamed of myself. I want to change that.

2. I don't want my son to remember me as a heavy/fat momma. I want to avoid him and his friends saying fat statements about me. Kids are honest and say the darndest things....ya know.

3. I want to feel good about myself in reguards to my husband. He deserves to have a wife who looks and feels great, and who is HEALTHY!!! Not to mention my weight has affected out sex life. I don't have the confidence I once had and sure the heck don't have the stamina.

I would say those are my top reasons that I think of. Not saying there are not many others.

I had this surgery for a reason. To help me get healthy/fit and keep the weight off once I have lost it again. I've had a slower start. Which is my foodie issues playing a big role in my new bandster lifestyle. It's been a process for me. One that I am working on. Key word is working! For me I have to want it and go after it. I know from experience I will feel great once I see some victories!!! Carrie posted her journey in pictures. That is inspiring.

Start small, do one thing at a time if motivation is difficult. I joined a gym last night. Yep! I am also recovering from a pretty bad sprained ankle. I am not letting it be an excuse or a reason to put off what I can do today. I won't be able to do everything, but I can start. That is what I need a start. Besides, as a mother and a wife, I am looking forward to some Angie time. Do something, one thing, and build on the momentum.

If I can do it - anyone can. I had my surgery in April. To date I have lost 25 lbs!!! Now, these results are not as good as some, but they are my results. Key word results. For the longest time I have been putting on weight. So this 25 is a victory for me. I have high hopes that I will not have to re-loose the 25lbs. That is where the band come in. I can do the work, I want the help to keep it off.

The band is not a fix all. You have to use it as a tool. That mean you have to do something. Let's get going! We can do this together!!!

Love your new pic :)

Hi everyone,

xx

I understand as well... I've lost the same 11 pounds since the post op diet but hang in there... I've heard with restriction and doing the rules.. It does get better