Serious Port Pain

I am a water baby and swim everyday, pretty much. Obviously I didn't go back to swimming until a month after being banded which is when you can get back to exercising. Well, I did my swim yesterday afternoon, just sort of paddled up and down the pool for a few laps, nothing strenuous at all...no Australian crawl, or anything like that. OMG. Later that afternoon, I started having severe stabbing pain in my port area. Much worse than right after my surgery. Today I am still getting the stabbing pain intermittently. I've contacted the OCC and will hopefully hear back from them. I'm worried I've ripped something in that area. I am supposed to go there for my first fill next Tuesday, but if this pain persists, I won't be able to do it. Just venting....

Red

It may very well be scar tissue. I had pain near my port last fall to the point that I couldn't even breath normally without it hurting so bad. After having everything with my gallbladder checked out my doctor decided it was scar tissue and about a week later the pain was gone and had not returned. It is definitely one of if not the worse pain I have ever exerienced.

Thanks for the response, Smiley...

Hubby thinks that it isn't a coincidence that on the day I start exercising, my abdomen muscles start spasiming. I had done a pretty good walk up hill and down the night before and then the swim the next day. We are thinking that those muscles hadn't been used in over a month and had atrophed. I think I'm having spasm's which is why it is intermittent. I emailed Dr. Martinez and didn't get a response, even though I said he could email or call the cell number I left. So today I asked Melissa, the receptionist at OCC to forward my email to Dr. O. She said she would forward my message to the doctor on duty today. I still haven't gotten a response. I am very dissappointed in that lack of concern on their part. I have been in severe pain. I didn't call, because I know how busy they are. I thought by emailing, they could respond after their daily duties were done. I'm not asking for anything but an email from them, or a call at their convenience. Not sure why they don't respond.

Have you heard from them yet???

:o

How is the pain today?

Nope, they never responded. Weird. The pain finally stopped. Wow, I'm afraid to swim again. I'm sure those muscles were spasming from lack of use. I am going to the OCC on Tuesday for my fill and will ask them why they never called me. I need to know that if a situation comes up, they will be available for advice, don't you think?

Nope, they never responded. Weird. The pain finally stopped. Wow, I'm afraid to swim again. I'm sure those muscles were spasming from lack of use. I am going to the OCC on Tuesday for my fill and will ask them why they never called me. I need to know that if a situation comes up, they will be available for advice, don't you think?

errr yeah!!!

kinda scary isn't it?

i've had bad port pain (not nearly to the level you describe), but i figured it was just because i was in the post op stage of my body adjusting ....

Hopefully that's the case for you, sweetness.