Some question of a (ahem) personal nature...

Hi, everybody - I've been lurking on this board a bit since getting my surgery date (Sept. 29th) and, as that date nears, I'm coming up with more and more questions...

First of all, how does taking prescription medications (pills) during the post-op diet work? I take birth control pills, and they're very small, but I still don't want to do anything to compromise my band during that very-important healing period. Do most people crush them or just take them whole - also, what happens once you've had a fill - is it still possible to take a pill?

Ok, and second - I'm a little worried about the port. Sorry, this is embarrassing - but it occured to me (for you female bandsters out there) does it get in the way, or cause pain during, uh, intimate moments? lol Do you have to be very careful of it? How does that work?

Thanks for any and all info and opinions. :)

Hi DW

Congrats on getting the band. Its the BEST.

I took my contraceptive pill whole without any problems and

the port has not caused me any problems when I'm swingiing of chandeliers etc ;). It is situated 2 finger widths down from my left ribcage.

Good luck

Same here i've taken my BC pills the whole time no problem! In the other dept I wasn't dating anyone at the time so I can't help out about that topic early on, but now has not been an issue.

I can still take my BC pills to this day. They are small enough to go right down. I am however having problems with my multi vitamin. It hurts to go down and I spit up my water after. I did buy a pill crusher and added everything to Crystal Light. Yuck, gag me! I guess I am going to have to look into a liquid vitamin.

:lb5: ,

I have to take thyroid medication and they are small, however I have no issues with the pill.

As for my daily multi-vitamins, I have chewables and my Vitamin E is in liquid form.

As for intimate moments, My husband just got home (he is in the Navy) on Aug. 12th and I had my surgery in May, so it had been a while

and I know I don't have issues with it during those times.

Good luck with our surgery. :)

I can still take my BC pills to this day. They are small enough to go right down. I am however having problems with my multi vitamin. It hurts to go down and I spit up my water after. I did buy a pill crusher and added everything to Crystal Light. Yuck, gag me! I guess I am going to have to look into a liquid vitamin.

I just posted on another topic that I have found Centrum daily vitamin for adults that are chewable. They are orange flavored and small. They are also pleasant tasting.

I cannot stand the liquid Centrum for adults! I tried several times to take it but it gags me.

Good Luck! Anne