Port Fliped Over

Where do I began I guess Friday the 21. I went in to have a fill. To the local Dr

here and when she tried several times to fill it she advised me and showed me it fliped

completely over and I would have to have surgery to get it fliped back.

There cost $2500.00

I went home called Dr O he called me back right away. Told me he would fix it

for no charge. I have to cover the airfare of course.

My question to all of you is how can that happed I was told they stitch it in place.?

If it would of moved shouldn't I of felt it.?

Could the Dr here locally of pushed to hard and moved it?

Has anyone else had it flip completely over?

Mickie from Omaha

Mickie,

So sorry to hear about your flipped port. Although I haven't seen it much, I have seen a couple posts where peoples ports have flipped. They do stitch the port in but who knows what happens to cause a flip. Sounds like the great thing tho is that Dr. O will fix it for free. Good luck.

dawns

I am having the same problem I have tried two attempts at filling, one was blind and the other was under the xray and my tummy is covered in holes. Anyways, I am going back on Sept 1 and they are going to try under CT scan to do the fill but the Radiologist thinks it might have flipped and no one knows what they are doing. I will let you know what they tell me on the 1st because the Dr. that does all the surgeries here is not keen on the fact that I got it done in Mexico and is not that nice to me. I never got a chance to talk to him about it because he just walked right out without telling me anything and left it up to the nurse to tell me. Anyways, I think the reason that this can happen is because of the belly fat. I understand your frustration and please keep me posted on anything you find out.

I am having the same problem I have tried two attempts at filling, one was blind and the other was under the xray and my tummy is covered in holes. Anyways, I am going back on Sept 1 and they are going to try under CT scan to do the fill but the Radiologist thinks it might have flipped and no one knows what they are doing. I will let you know what they tell me on the 1st because the Dr. that does all the surgeries here is not keen on the fact that I got it done in Mexico and is not that nice to me. I never got a chance to talk to him about it because he just walked right out without telling me anything and left it up to the nurse to tell me. Anyways, I think the reason that this can happen is because of the belly fat. I understand your frustration and please keep me posted on anything you find out.

I am so annoyed by your experience with your local surgeon. What a prick! You should remind him that you did your research and Dr. O is the best on either side of the border.

Margaret

Can't you try another Dr. Are there any fill centers.?

I'm not going back to the hospital. In fact my husband thinks I should send them the bill for my visit to Mexico to get this fixed.

You know what is really funny is I felt the port before I went in and now I can't feel anything there. I hope its not major.

Where in Canada are you from? This is really a simple procedure. I could probably do it myself. I can't imagine why they are having so much trouble. If you don't want to post where you are from, just pm me and maybe I can help you find a competent fill doctor.

Sabrina:)

Where do I began I guess Friday the 21. I went in to have a fill. To the local Dr

here and when she tried several times to fill it she advised me and showed me it fliped

completely over and I would have to have surgery to get it fliped back.

There cost $2500.00

I went home called Dr O he called me back right away. Told me he would fix it

for no charge. I have to cover the airfare of course.

My question to all of you is how can that happed I was told they stitch it in place.?

If it would of moved shouldn't I of felt it.?

Could the Dr here locally of pushed to hard and moved it?

Has anyone else had it flip completely over?

Mickie from Omaha

did you have any sign before you went to the doctors?

Can't you try another Dr. Are there any fill centers.?

I'm not going back to the hospital. In fact my husband thinks I should send them the bill for my visit to Mexico to get this fixed.

You know what is really funny is I felt the port before I went in and now I can't feel anything there. I hope its not major.

That is exactly how I feel. I felt the port and so did the doctor on my initial visit. He said it felt good and I should have no problems. Since I went back for my xray fill I have had some serious pain and I am finding it hard to breathe. Now they have canceled my fill yet again and I went for an Xray and blood work to make sure they did not hit my lungs and the Dr. wants me to come in on Sept 21 and discuss what we should do about the port. I am feeling so discouraged and frustrated. I keep thinking I may have made a mistake by getting this done, and I could just curl up and cry! Are you going back to Mexico? and if so When? I am going to talk to OCC because I trust them way more that I do the doctors here!

Good luck with everything! Hope all is well with you!

That is exactly how I feel. I felt the port and so did the doctor on my initial visit. He said it felt good and I should have no problems. Since I went back for my xray fill I have had some serious pain and I am finding it hard to breathe. Now they have canceled my fill yet again and I went for an Xray and blood work to make sure they did not hit my lungs and the Dr. wants me to come in on Sept 21 and discuss what we should do about the port. I am feeling so discouraged and frustrated. I keep thinking I may have made a mistake by getting this done, and I could just curl up and cry! Are you going back to Mexico? and if so When? I am going to talk to OCC because I trust them way more that I do the doctors here!

Good luck with everything! Hope all is well with you!

I Called OCC right away that very afternoon. I'm going back Sept 8th and they are going to fix it for me. No charge because I never got a fill. Call OCC they will help you. When did you get bandes?

Mine was July 3. I don't know yet what I'm going to do after that. I might just look for a cheap flight and go back to TJ.

I just got a new book and was reading last night and the average person needs 3 fills.

As for you call OCC they will help you.

Mickie in Omaha

I Called OCC right away that very afternoon. I'm going back Sept 8th and they are going to fix it for me. No charge because I never got a fill. Call OCC they will help you. When did you get bandes?

Mine was July 3. I don't know yet what I'm going to do after that. I might just look for a cheap flight and go back to TJ.

I just got a new book and was reading last night and the average person needs 3 fills.

As for you call OCC they will help you.

Mickie in Omaha

Thanks I just emailed Dr. Miranda and wanted to see what they could do for me. I also want to wait to make sure that my lungs are ok before I do anything and they will be able to tell me what is going on with my port once he gets the results back. THen I can go to OCC. I think I will keep going there for my fills as well! IT is not worth going through what we have gone through when we could have just had it done there!

Lesson learned!

Hope your trip is good and hope everything goes well! Keep us posted and thanks again!