I'm starving!

bobtails

I had my surgery on Aug 11th so I'm still on the post op diet. I am getting so hungry I can hardly stand it. I've started protein shakes but even they don't last long. I also can't take in much more than 2-3 oz at a time. Any suggestions? I'm really getting sick of drinkable yougart :lol::P

I had my surgery on Aug 11th so I'm still on the post op diet. I am getting so hungry I can hardly stand it. I've started protein shakes but even they don't last long. I also can't take in much more than 2-3 oz at a time. Any suggestions? I'm really getting sick of drinkable yougart :lol::P

I was banded on July 21. I got really hungry too, but the creamy soups really helped. The Campbell's creamy tomato and parmesan (it is the kind you just pop in the microwave and sip from the can).

I have to be honest. I haven't gotten my first fill yet (am going to get it tomorrow at OCC) and I don't feel any different than before I was banded. Once I went to solids, I could eat anything. It all goes down same as before and I have put a few pounds back on that I had lost during the liquid phase. But I'm assured by others on this forum that this will change after a couple of fills. So hang in there!

Red

Sorry but I'm going on to my 3rd fill Thurs. I can eat everything - it's like I'm not Band and tho I'm down to 177 on a good day & bouncing up to 180 - kinda losing only 3 pounds with my last fill of .4 making it a total of 2 - It's very hard when you have NO restriction and feel like your not band, I mean I do have a eating problem that’s why I got Band in the first place - I sure hope this fill makes a difference, Cause it's hard to diet when you're hungry

Sorry I'm NO help but there is always hope :D

In my case I thought I would have felt restriction sooner

Have you thought about adding some protein powder to your drinks, or buy some drinks with protien in them already. For myself when I drink a special K with protein drink I don't feel as hungry. It would still be clear so you wouldn't be messing up on your post-op.

I bought some protein powder, unflavored. My intention was to add it to drinks. I don't really care for it in that fashion though. I can smell it and it doesn't smell good. I do add it to foods though which is nice to have when what your eating doesn't have enough protein in it.

Just a thought!~

• 1 month later...
Have you thought about adding some protein powder to your drinks, or buy some drinks with protien in them already. For myself when I drink a special K with protein drink I don't feel as hungry. It would still be clear so you wouldn't be messing up on your post-op.

I bought some protein powder, unflavored. My intention was to add it to drinks. I don't really care for it in that fashion though. I can smell it and it doesn't smell good. I do add it to foods though which is nice to have when what your eating doesn't have enough protein in it.

Just a thought!~

Hi Angie B,

I am going to be banded on 9/30 with Dr. Ortiz. Really interested to know why your weight has not dropped more? Are you a slow loser or did you go unfilled for some time-- not sure how I will know when to get the fill and if that makes a difference with the weight--

Getting kind of nervous!!

I was banded on July 21. I got really hungry too, but the creamy soups really helped. The Campbell's creamy tomato and parmesan (it is the kind you just pop in the microwave and sip from the can).

I have to be honest. I haven't gotten my first fill yet (am going to get it tomorrow at OCC) and I don't feel any different than before I was banded. Once I went to solids, I could eat anything. It all goes down same as before and I have put a few pounds back on that I had lost during the liquid phase. But I'm assured by others on this forum that this will change after a couple of fills. So hang in there!

Red

Hi Red,

Did your first fill go well? How has the weight loss gone?

Hi Angie B,

I am going to be banded on 9/30 with Dr. Ortiz. Really interested to know why your weight has not dropped more? Are you a slow loser or did you go unfilled for some time-- not sure how I will know when to get the fill and if that makes a difference with the weight--

Getting kind of nervous!!

I am a "slow looser." In reality, I am not though. I've lost 32 lbs since April. Personally I don't think that is to shabby at all. It's true that most people are loosing more weight than I am, yes, BUT I feel great and have had lots of NSV! Which are a huge bonus!

I went in today for my check up and fill apt, and I had lost over 8 lbs this past month! Which is awesome! Standard says you should loose 1-2 lbs a week. So I am on track.

I have not had an unfill. Matter of fact I have gotten a fill each month for the past 4 months. Each time, I have adjusted and made great progress. At times, I have to remind myself not to compair myself with anyone elses weight loss.

I have lost all the "baby weight" I put on during my pregnacy, and have begun to wear my wedding ring again! Very cool!