band slippage or re-fill

hello everyone...i'm a bit perplexed and would like a little help. I had lap band surgery in august of 2007...i had 3 fills with my last fill being around march of 2008. Since then i have lost a total of 130 lbs! now for the bad news lately i have noticed that i can eat a whole lot more without getting the full feeling. am i in need of another fill since it has been well over a year since since the last one or could the band have slipped? is there anyway of knowing without an xray or floroscopy?

pls help with any info u may have.....[/font]

Hi, sorry I can't help with your question as I just got banded last Wednesday but I did want to say a huge congratulations to you on that remarkable weight-loss!!!!! That is amazing and is wonderful to hear I I too want to lose 130 pounds. How was your weightloss journey? Did you lose fast at first and slower later or was it pretty consistent? You must be so proud of yourself!!!

hello everyone...i'm a bit perplexed and would like a little help. I had lap band surgery in august of 2007...i had 3 fills with my last fill being around march of 2008. Since then i have lost a total of 130 lbs! now for the bad news lately i have noticed that i can eat a whole lot more without getting the full feeling. am i in need of another fill since it has been well over a year since since the last one or could the band have slipped? is there anyway of knowing without an xray or floroscopy?

pls help with any info u may have.....[/font]

YOU NEED ANOTHER FILL. WHEN MY FRIENDS BAD SLIPPED THERE WAS PAIN INVOLVED ALONG WITH OTHER SIGNS. IT'S ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA THOUGH TO ALSO GET CHECKED OUT UNDER FLOROSCOPY FROM TIME TO TIME

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR LOSE SO FAR :)

I am waiting for my surgery but just wanted to say a huge congratulations. 130 pounds i amazing and also an inspiration to me. I have 146 pounds to lose. How was your experience and weight loss. Was it consistent and about how long did it take you to lose than amount of weight?

I just had an additional fill and was told by the doctor doing it that the reason you need to have your band checked each year after placement is to check the fluid. Slight fluid loss is very common yearly and it is not due to any leaks, rather it is like osmosis. She explained it to me as the saline in our body is like 180 and the saline solution used for fills is like 120 so over time, slight amounts are leaked out through osmosis which is perfectly normal, nothing to fear. You just need tweaking every so often.