No restriction now

I got my 2nd fill and had good restriction for about 2 weeks. I even lost 5 pounds. Now its as if its gone. I scheduled a 3rd fill in a few weeks. I dont want to gain even the 5 pounds I lost back.

This all does get discouraging.. I'm still not telling people what surgery I have had done out of fear I wont lose any weight. Oh boy.......... I'll keep crossing my fingers this works.

Sorry about this, it does happen. Suggestion, I've learned going in for fills to make sure I set myself up for success. I don't have fills in the AM (that's when I’m at my tightest). I don't get them before - or during my period. I stay away from salty foods or anything that could cause me to retain water. I focus on not dealing with stress and letting it go. I focus on drinking a lot of water the week before my fill to flush my body of any toxins. My goal is to go in and get a fill at my optimum.

Don't stress out, you will find your sweet spot, but realize even when you do - it will need adjustment from time to time. I know its hard but even when you're loose - you can't use that as an excuse to overeat or test out your pouch - focus on measuring your food and eating bandster style - proteins, veggies, fruits, carbs (if you have room).

Right now is the time to make sure you are exercising as well - the combination of eating less and exercise is the key to our success.

Take care,

Lisa

I got my 2nd fill and had good restriction for about 2 weeks. I even lost 5 pounds. Now its as if its gone. I scheduled a 3rd fill in a few weeks. I dont want to gain even the 5 pounds I lost back.

This all does get discouraging.. I'm still not telling people what surgery I have had done out of fear I wont lose any weight. Oh boy.......... I'll keep crossing my fingers this works.

I was in your shoes, it is discouraging. What helped me stay focused and positive was knowing that with each fill I get closer to the level I need to be at. I recently had my 3rd fill. I am fairly satisfied with my restriction level. I am eating smaller portions and staying full for the right amount of time. With each fill, you are giving your body time to adjust to it's new stoma. Even if you don't feel like you are restricted, you are getting there! It won't be long and will be where you want to be. It's a process like anything else. You are doing great! Some of us have to have 3 or more fills before we hit a good level. You and I are from that group!

This week the scale is moving. I feel skinner and my boyd is adjusting to fewer calories. Ya-hoo! My zip tie is working and yours will too! Slow and steady win the race!

I got my 3rd fill for a total of 2.2 in my band and I'm hungry all the time, besides when the band was first placed and the 2 weeks after I could say I didn't have a problem being hungry, BUT now- I am never tight, in fact I wake up striving! I gained a half a pound back and I don't have that flatt(er) looking tummy I was starting to get, I AM thinking about going to OCC next month for a fill cause just getting pissed

Sorry about this, it does happen. Suggestion, I've learned going in for fills to make sure I set myself up for success. I don't have fills in the AM (that's when I’m at my tightest). I don't get them before - or during my period. I stay away from salty foods or anything that could cause me to retain water. I focus on not dealing with stress and letting it go. I focus on drinking a lot of water the week before my fill to flush my body of any toxins. My goal is to go in and get a fill at my optimum.

Don't stress out, you will find your sweet spot, but realize even when you do - it will need adjustment from time to time. I know its hard but even when you're loose - you can't use that as an excuse to overeat or test out your pouch - focus on measuring your food and eating bandster style - proteins, veggies, fruits, carbs (if you have room).

Right now is the time to make sure you are exercising as well - the combination of eating less and exercise is the key to our success.

Take care,

Lisa

great suggestions. With the heat down here in southern cali.. drinking plenty of water before my fill will be a benefit. I do remember it being "that time of the month" for my last fill. I am scheduled at the OCC on labor day. So far. I have not gained the 5 pounds back so that it a blessing. I'm definatley eating less but just not less enough.

Thanks for all the kind words and suggestions.

Laura

I was in your shoes, it is discouraging. What helped me stay focused and positive was knowing that with each fill I get closer to the level I need to be at. I recently had my 3rd fill. I am fairly satisfied with my restriction level. I am eating smaller portions and staying full for the right amount of time. With each fill, you are giving your body time to adjust to it's new stoma. Even if you don't feel like you are restricted, you are getting there! It won't be long and will be where you want to be. It's a process like anything else. You are doing great! Some of us have to have 3 or more fills before we hit a good level. You and I are from that group!

This week the scale is moving. I feel skinner and my boyd is adjusting to fewer calories. Ya-hoo! My zip tie is working and yours will too! Slow and steady win the race!

With each fill, you are giving your body time to adjust to it's new stoma. Even if you don't feel like you are restricted, you are getting there! Thank you so much for these words... So glad you are doing so well!!

I got my 3rd fill for a total of 2.2 in my band and I'm hungry all the time, besides when the band was first placed and the 2 weeks after I could say I didn't have a problem being hungry, BUT now- I am never tight, in fact I wake up striving! I gained a half a pound back and I don't have that flatt(er) looking tummy I was starting to get, I AM thinking about going to OCC next month for a fill cause just getting pissed

We're gonna do great! I totally understand your frustration... I feel it too. I know I need to work with this band and we just got to get to where it helps us too

Laura

I am right there with you. I have no restriction. I have gained about 4 pounds back. So far this week I am holding steady the same weight but I can eat whatever I want. I bet if I had to measure it, it is about 3 cups of food. Maybe 3. I have had 3 fills, so it makes no sense that I can eat this much. I am not happy about it. I know that I have lost because my rings are loose but I am not sure exactly what is going on. In the morning I seem tight because I have phelm that seems to get stuck and I can't eat much at breakfast. But by afternoon, that is where I get the 3 cups of food in. I may need a fill, I am very nervous about it. I am afraid of going back into that old pattern. I know it dont seem like it but I bet you are eating less. I know that I am. Maybe we should just check into getting another fill. Have you had flouro on all your fills? I wish there was somewhere close that I could do that, I wonder what it looks like in there?

One note, make sure you are following the rules and eating proteins first. And if restriction is light eat heavy proteins, such as steak or chicken. That helps to fill you up faster and you will not be as likely to eat more.

Had a better day yesterday. Thanks for the advice... it worked.

I am right there with you. I have no restriction. I have gained about 4 pounds back. So far this week I am holding steady the same weight but I can eat whatever I want. I bet if I had to measure it, it is about 3 cups of food. Maybe 3. I have had 3 fills, so it makes no sense that I can eat this much. I am not happy about it. I know that I have lost because my rings are loose but I am not sure exactly what is going on. In the morning I seem tight because I have phelm that seems to get stuck and I can't eat much at breakfast. But by afternoon, that is where I get the 3 cups of food in. I may need a fill, I am very nervous about it. I am afraid of going back into that old pattern. I know it dont seem like it but I bet you are eating less. I know that I am. Maybe we should just check into getting another fill. Have you had flouro on all your fills? I wish there was somewhere close that I could do that, I wonder what it looks like in there?

for my first fill I went back to OCC got 1.6 in my band, then the second was a blind fill here in Long Island NY I got .4 and then the 3rd I got .2 also a blind fill-

this last fill was on friday I just so happen to get my friend today but my other fills were always a week to 10 days before... I have never had restriction in the morning & I've been having this hungry problem since the 18th day post op I've tried just about ever tip that has been given... but I'm thankful for everyones input

Kim, It does wonders to hear what others do in certain situations. I have little or no restriction at this time, and I have been eating too large of portions. Having egg salad or chicken salad handy sounds like a good way to help me get back to focusing on using this band. Thanks for the input.

Anne