Update on me...havn't posted in awhile

Yes I need a reduction after losing 70 pounds. It's something I've needed for years but never met the criteria for my insurance to pay...now it will because my back is finally so messed up and I have lost weight. I am starting to get a little nervous about the pain after surgery, I sometimes don't tolerate "procedures" very well, I think it has to do with my fibromyalgia.

My health has been up and down over the last 6 months but luckily my weight has only gone down!!! I've lost about half my once full head of hair. Had my long hair cut short, my neck shows for the first time in 20 years. It's very cute though and I am happy with the cut. I've been taking large doses of Biotin for months now and the loss seems to have slowed down alot. Never imagined this would happen to me.

I am reluctant to tell anyone prior to my surgery about it as the answers I've gotten so far are ones people just don't think about...."I wish we could do a transplant from yours to mine", or "I'd give anything to have larger breasts". These comments just make my skin crawl. So for any of you in that situation stop and think if you ever are in the situation to make a comment like that. The person having a reduction obviously has not had a good time with large breasts in numerous ways.

I can't wait to go into Victoria's and buy my first bra there EVER!!!! They don't make cute and matchy matchy sets for the big girls, and believe me I have looked.

If anyone has had this procedure I would appreciate any tips or things I could do pre-op to make the surgery go easier.

Thank you all for being here, I do still peek in and enjoy this forum so much after 15 months of being banded!!

Hi Julie, I just wanted to let you know that I had a reduction done in 1997 and it was the best decision I have ever made! The recovery was challenging at times but all in all it went very well...most of my challenges afterward were in my head as there is an EXTREME amount of swelling afterwards and I had nothing more than two tiny "bumps" when I came out of surgery...I was a DD and seriously, I couldn't even fill a training bra after!!! I went from having envy issues of gals with "normal size breasts" to panicing that I had made a horrible mistake!

No worries though, it was all due to swelling (as my doctor assured me several times, but I couldn't believe they would stay tiny bumps, it was such an extreme from before!). It took a fair amount of time for the major initial swelling to go down and my doctor was right - it was a good year before the girls "settled" to where they are now...don't lose hope and don't panic...it is normal!

The post-operative binding is a hassle but you have to do it...I promise it will all be worth it in the end. You will have extensive bruising as well...it was my first surgery ever and I was completely shocked at how bad I looked right after...never saw a body bruise like that before...but that too does go away.

I didn't really do anything prior to the surgery except try to lose weight and take multi vitamins....

Congratulations!!! If I had to I would do it again in a heartbeat! You will feel like running through the streets topless with your new perky girls - after years of lugging around big boobs I was beyond thrilled when everything healed up and I could see my new chest!!!

Hi Julie, I just wanted to let you know that I had a reduction done in 1997 and it was the best decision I have ever made! The recovery was challenging at times but all in all it went very well...most of my challenges afterward were in my head as there is an EXTREME amount of swelling afterwards and I had nothing more than two tiny "bumps" when I came out of surgery...I was a DD and seriously, I couldn't even fill a training bra after!!! I went from having envy issues of gals with "normal size breasts" to panicing that I had made a horrible mistake!

No worries though, it was all due to swelling (as my doctor assured me several times, but I couldn't believe they would stay tiny bumps, it was such an extreme from before!). It took a fair amount of time for the major initial swelling to go down and my doctor was right - it was a good year before the girls "settled" to where they are now...don't lose hope and don't panic...it is normal!

The post-operative binding is a hassle but you have to do it...I promise it will all be worth it in the end. You will have extensive bruising as well...it was my first surgery ever and I was completely shocked at how bad I looked right after...never saw a body bruise like that before...but that too does go away.

I didn't really do anything prior to the surgery except try to lose weight and take multi vitamins....

Congratulations!!! If I had to I would do it again in a heartbeat! You will feel like running through the streets topless with your new perky girls - after years of lugging around big boobs I was beyond thrilled when everything healed up and I could see my new chest!!!

Thanks Jen for your honesty and encouragement. Currently I am about a size G or H. I hope to be made as small as possible according to my body frame and the Dr's opinion. I think a B would be fabulous!! I imagine it will be quite a surprise when waking up.

Hi Julie,

I too have had a breast redustion, actually though I had two.

My first one was in 1994, I was 22 and my breasts were way too big for my body. I was puching out of a 34DD but refused to buy any bigger bra and couldn't gp tp a 36 beacuse I had a very small back at the time and needed it done. After the swelling, I was at a C cup. I loved the perkiness, however I had complications and ended up with some scarring that was not the usual kind.

Then the second one was 10 years later in 2004 and found out from that surgery why there was complications with the first one. Because of the scarring, I was covered through insurance again also helped that after two kids they grew big again and I was in a 38DD again. You see I am allergic to dissolvable stitches which makes for interesting surgeries since I have to use the old nylon stitches all the time, it does stink to have such sensitive tissue sometimes. GRRRR... :)

Anyways, after my doc figured out what was the problem, in a month after that surgery, I had to go back and get kinda redone. Now this time wasn't so bad, because I healed up no problem and I love them still after almost 5 years. But after all was said and done I am still a D cup, but the girls haven't sagged in years.... :lb21:

Definitely make sure to keep yourself bound together tight and I thought the pain was manageable. Although I did sleep on the couch for 6-8 weeks after surgery because I am a belly sleeper and I had to position myself on the couch as to not turnover on my belly. It helped me alot.

After the surgery I was able to go back in to Victoria Secrets and buy pretty bras too. After I gained all the weight I couldn't wear them, but since losing so far 60+ pounds, all my 40Ds no longer fit (kinda look like I am engulfed in the bras, ha ha....) and I went on Wednesday and bought some at Vickies and am back to a 38D. I was very excited since they have really cute bras and I can wear them again.

Good luck & :lb10: with your surgery.

Kristi

Yes I need a reduction after losing 70 pounds. It's something I've needed for years but never met the criteria for my insurance to pay...now it will because my back is finally so messed up and I have lost weight. I am starting to get a little nervous about the pain after surgery, I sometimes don't tolerate "procedures" very well, I think it has to do with my fibromyalgia.

My health has been up and down over the last 6 months but luckily my weight has only gone down!!! I've lost about half my once full head of hair. Had my long hair cut short, my neck shows for the first time in 20 years. It's very cute though and I am happy with the cut. I've been taking large doses of Biotin for months now and the loss seems to have slowed down alot. Never imagined this would happen to me.

I am reluctant to tell anyone prior to my surgery about it as the answers I've gotten so far are ones people just don't think about...."I wish we could do a transplant from yours to mine", or "I'd give anything to have larger breasts". These comments just make my skin crawl. So for any of you in that situation stop and think if you ever are in the situation to make a comment like that. The person having a reduction obviously has not had a good time with large breasts in numerous ways.

I can't wait to go into Victoria's and buy my first bra there EVER!!!! They don't make cute and matchy matchy sets for the big girls, and believe me I have looked.

If anyone has had this procedure I would appreciate any tips or things I could do pre-op to make the surgery go easier.

Thank you all for being here, I do still peek in and enjoy this forum so much after 15 months of being banded!!

VERY COOL JULIE. AFTER MY SISSY'S REDUCTION, IT WAS LIKE THEY ADDED A LIFT IN THERE ALSO AND THEY LOOKED PERFECT!!! BEST OF LUCK TO YOU, I'M SURE YOU'LL DO JUST GREAT!!!

(i'd love to see a photo of the new do :))

I had a breast reduction in 1997. I was a FFF, they were very big and the dr said very hard. Which made them even more heavy. I was only about 170 then so you could tell they were too big. The surgery went well. I hated the drain tubes, when they pulled them out, I thought I would die. It took me about 2 months to heal. I am a slow healer. I had mine done at kaiser and I have a lot of scares. I should have had someone else do it. I hope to have the scares removed. I am very light skinned so you can see where it was done. I have gained weight so now I am a DD but when I first had it done, they looked real nice, they were purkey. I hope to get a breast lift once I lose all the weight. I dont regret getting it done. It was a good decision. I just wish they were looking better.

Did you get your band taken out? I thought I read that you did.

Lisal

Thanks for the link . It was very informative.

Can i ask you a question? Don't feel that you have to answer it. I was looking at your before and after pics and you don't even look like the same person. You are absolutely stunning.

I know you lost alot of weight and I was wondering if you had any plastic surgery done for sagging skin after the weight loss. If so how long did you wait to have the surger?

I read it could take 1-2 years for your skin to actually mold to your body after you reach your goal.

Lisal

Thanks for the link . It was very informative.

Can i ask you a question? Don't feel that you have to answer it. I was looking at your before and after pics and you don't even look like the same person. You are absolutely stunning.

I know you lost alot of weight and I was wondering if you had any plastic surgery done for sagging skin after the weight loss. If so how long did you wait to have the surger?

I read it could take 1-2 years for your skin to actually mold to your body after you reach your goal.

Thank you for the nice compliment!

I did have plastic surgery and I had it when I had lost about 75% of my weight. (Or what I thought was 75%) There was no way my skin was going to "mold" to my new body ;-) I'm not a very patient person, and my stomach and skin was getting in the way of me being able to physically and mentally get into exercise. (Literally - it was.....)

My high was 275 pounds, I had my tummy tuck at 200 pounds, about a year after being banded. I had my breast lift about 6 months later and added inserts 3 months after the lift. If you go down the plastic surgery forum there are links to some pictures and more info. My weight now moves between 135 to 142 pounds depending on what I eat and how I exercise. It really can go up and down, I'm to the point were I just don't worry about it unless my clothes aren't fitting right.

Best,

Lisa

Thanks Lisa. I have another question. If you had a tummy tuck done at 200 pounds and then continued to lose another 65 pounds, didn't your skin hang again or did is stay fairly tight.

Did you do an abdominoplasty where they tightened the muscles as well as removing hanging skin.