When did you start slowing down?

Hey Everyone!

I was just curious. I have heard that you will hit a weight that your body "likes" and it is hard to get past this. I may be jumping to concluision, but I think my "band" is getting very comfy at where it is, and we are not getting agreeing on this. I have had the talk with her, but she is not listening :angry: ...lol....

I just seem to have slowed WAY down the past two months or its just that I aint seeing that freaking scale move as fast as I want to see it move. I am about 5 lbs a month in the past two months, but again each month that number seems to be dropping, I was about 6-7 lbs a month.

Carrie

The closer you get the slower things seem to go. Not only is your body adjusting to the much smaller/lighter you, but you are also anxious to get to your goal and not as patient as you once were because you can taste your goal - no pun intended.

Keep trudging on and know that even at 5 pounds a month, in less than a year you will be at your goal and who knows, you may get to a size you love and decide you are at your goal, that is what happened to me so I stopped about 10 pounds short of what I thought my original goal would be. I will get close to that goal eventually, but it will be from my plastic surgeons efforts and not mine. :P

I would be THRILLED with 5 lbs a month. I lost 15 lbs right off the bat....like in the first 4 weeks, and then I've only been like 2 per month since. But yes I have heard of your body settling in at a previous weight that you may have been at for years prior. It's called something like "state of previous obesity" so there's actually a name for it.

Hi Carrie,

I am at a stand still with my weight. I haven't lost in numbers, granite I have had other nsv. My doc actually called me this afternoon to see how I have been doing,(which really surprised me) so he decided he wants to do a fill on Thursday. He said it was time, after I gave him an update.

We'll see. Maybe it will be a good thing.. :D

Just remember that Operation Size 10 is in effect and we will get there, slowly and surely... :lb21:

Take Care,

Hugs,

Kristi

I’ve just kept changing for almost 3 years now.

My body has started and stopped so many times that I kind of given up on what to expect.

My sister hadn't seen me in just the last 5 months and was really surprised at how I changed my shape since she last saw me. I really didn't think it was that drastic, she just thought I had gone really athletic, and liked how I had molded my figure – which was really my goal.

What I see happening over time is your body does get comfy at a set weight – to get it moving again you have to step it up and surprise it - then it kicks back into the weight loss process. Whether it’s through diet or exercise - or hopefully a combination of both you can get it going again.

Thank everyone!

I am just thankfull that it is not 5 lbs a month the other way and if it were not for this band, it would be! Thanks for the name Cindy, thats pretty cool. I will have to google that one. I also have to remember the Operation Size 10, and I have to remember that it is not going to happen over night. I think I just go through stages, and Im sure it is because I have started to REALLY research my Plastic Surgery in March. Im sure it is a combination of all. Lisa that is Awesome that your sister complented you on your figure! I know when my sister tells me something "nice" that I must be doing something really good, because she ihas the "model figure" in our family, so it makes me feel really good!

Again, thanks every one for the "Roadside Assistance", .....Red, I just LOVE that!!!!!!

Carrie

I know when my sister tells me something "nice" that I must be doing something really good, because she ihas the "model figure" in our family, so it makes me feel really good!

Carrie

:lol: I too have a sister with the "model figure"! Although, she did it by shedding about 20 lbs before we went on vacation this past summer, so now she's BACK to her model figure.

I was always intimidated by her. She's 7 years younger than me, but we look like we could be twins because our facial features are very similar. It bothered me that I would look at her and think, "Wow...she's the younger, hotter version of me!" Now I'm going to give her a run for her money. :D

I just broke into the 160's and my doctor specifically told me that a pound a week is great! A pound every other week would be normal at my size. My body loves to be at 174... LOVES it. Hates to move. I always remember being in the 180's and dieting and getting stuck and giving up at that marker. It's funny cause I got my fill at 174 and now I'm like HA! I finally gotcha! ha ha

I started slowing down around 50% of excess weight lost (40 pounds) and came to a screeching halt at around 60% of excess weight lost (45 pounds). So, now I need to up my exercise and start eliminating some foods from my diet OR get a fill which I really do not want to do BECAUSE I still have morning restriction and on some days I have restriction ALL day.