Today was the day

Hi Andy:

Hang in there! I was banded on 8/21. I am struggling with my last week of the 21 day liquid diet but I know I can get through it. I had my surgery on a Friday and I was the only one who was banded that day so it was a little tough to be all alone. Log on here for support, there are a great group of people here.

You can do it!

Had the band put in today. Sore and a little crabby. My shoulder and upper stomach hurt. Pre op weight 373, pre July weight 405. There is no local support so i will try this forum.

Thanks

andy

CONGRATULATIONS ANDY, YOU'VE TAKEN YOUR FIRST STEPS TO BECOMING HEALTHY :)

:lb10: Andy,

Welcome to Bandland. :D This forum is awesome.

The pain will get easier day by day, however walking is a must to help alleviate it.

I was given a liquid med called Lortab, it is a narcotic, (I am pretty sure), but for me it helped take the edge off in the beginning for the shoulder pain and I only took at night before bed.

However, like I said, walking was the best thing for me that worked.

Take care and keep us updated on your progress.

Kristi

Congratulations Andy! I was banded on August 19th, just finishing up my liquid diet...the first week is by far the worst - you can do it and this is an awesome place to come for encouragement and support! Looking forward to hearing about your progress!

I had a lot of swelling - looked like I was at least 6 months preggers the next day!!! I was pretty shocked the next morning as the shirt I wore to the clinic was now very tight and I needed an extender on the plane on the way home I was so swollen! I was also very bruised...so not to worry about that. It is almost 3 weeks since I had it done and the swelling and bruising are completely gone now.

Had the band put in today. Sore and a little crabby. My shoulder and upper stomach hurt. Pre op weight 373, pre July weight 405. There is no local support so i will try this forum.

Thanks

andy

Hi Andy - for the shoulder pain, apply a heating pad. The heat seems to help. Take short walks, to help work the gases out. I walked a lot and I didn't have a bit of gas pain. I was a very lucky gal!

Congrats on your decision! Definitely utilize this board and read up as much as you can. Sounds like everything you are feeling is normal so just stick with it and you will do great!!!

Welcome to the group!!!