do Cell phones really work off US towers?

Do Cell phones really work off US towers?

I was told this by someone, and want to see if everyone else had this experience. I leave this afternoon, and need a quick verification! I know the Lucerna is so close to the border, and I heard that cell phones actually worked off US towers. thank you in advance!

I was told this by someone, and want to see if everyone else had this experience. I leave this afternoon, and need a quick verification! I know the Lucerna is so close to the border, and I heard that cell phones actually worked off US towers. thank you in advance!

I HAVE AT&T AND YOU JUST HAVE TO WATCH THE FRONT OF YOUR PHONE TO SEE IF IT'S COMING FROM THEM OR A MEX TOWER. MINE WAS ABOUT HALF AND HALF. I JUST NEVER ANSWERED IF SOMEONE CALLED AND THEN JUST RETURNED THE CALL ONCE I KNOW I WAS ON AT&T

I have TMobile and I had ZIPPO for service. Plan on getting yourself an international calling card pronto

You are probably already on your way, but just wanted to say good luck! I have Sprint and I just turned my phone off when I got in the van and didn't turn it back on until I was at my layover in Dallas. I had someone tell me that if I didn't have service it would drain my phone and it would go dead really quick, so I just turned it off and enjoyed life w/o it.

Can't wait to hear how it went!!

• 2 weeks later...
:rolleyes: I have AT&T and i added the international calling to my plan b-4 i went to Occ the calls are a little cheeper AT&T told me that you get charged if your phone is on and it rings even if you don't answer. My sister used hers to talk to her husband she did the international thing to she has AT&T to. Hope this helps. :rolleyes: