Am I too tight?

I was banded in Aug of 08 and had one fill in Oct it was 2cc's never did anything for me then due to circumstances beyond my control have not had any fills until last Monday, there was 1.2 in there and now there is 2.5 total. I am sick, I ate fine the first two days and then I can't eat anything and if I do it feels like spit gets stuck and I have to vomit it up, no food just spit. Last night I drank some warm coffee before I ate and that was okay. The pain is not in my chest area it's lower on the left side (kinda in the port area) and it burns? Is my stomach just re getting used to the band all over again? I had my fill under flouro and it looked great! When I drink fluids it feels weird also like it sits there for a second. I went to the ER on Sat because I was throwing and diarrhea the said the band placement is fine. I had my fill done with Dr. Lee in NJ

Maybe it just indigestion? Cause I burp so much?

Stacey, you may be too tight – or you may have just irritated your band.

When something like this happens to me I’d go on liquids for three days to allow time to heal. Drink small amounts slowly - give yourself time to heal and be gentle on your body. (Full liquids, broth, and such) nothing heavy or blended - just like in the beginning.

After the three days slowly incorporate soft foods back into your diet – small amounts. If you do fine work, in solids, making sure to chew each (very small) bite 30 times. Remember to measure your food – and follow the rules when you eat (that’s when you go back to solids) start with your protein, then veggies/fruits last carbs.

If you can’t even go to the liquids – go in for an unfill. And next time when you have a fill start with liquids and move slow to test it out.

Take care, I hope it works out – its good to see you back!

Lisa

Thanks, I did liquids for the 24 hours, guess that wasn't enough. I called a local Dr on call and he actually called me back! He agreed with the liquids and actually told me to tough it out in a way. He said maybe because its been so long I am really irritated and to try mylanta. Hope this helps, at least I lost ten pounds this week!

I was banded in Aug of 08 and had one fill in Oct it was 2cc's never did anything for me then due to circumstances beyond my control have not had any fills until last Monday, there was 1.2 in there and now there is 2.5 total. I am sick, I ate fine the first two days and then I can't eat anything and if I do it feels like spit gets stuck and I have to vomit it up, no food just spit. Last night I drank some warm coffee before I ate and that was okay. The pain is not in my chest area it's lower on the left side (kinda in the port area) and it burns? Is my stomach just re getting used to the band all over again? I had my fill under flouro and it looked great! When I drink fluids it feels weird also like it sits there for a second. I went to the ER on Sat because I was throwing and diarrhea the said the band placement is fine. I had my fill done with Dr. Lee in NJ

THAT'S A PRETTY STEEP FILL GOING FROM 1.2 TO 2.5 IF YOU HAVE THE 4CC BAND.

I AGREE WITH LISA, BACK ON LIQUIDS FOR A FEW DAYS, SEE HOW THAT GOES AND IF NEEDED THINK ABOUT GETTING A LITTLE UNFILL IF THINGS HAVEN'T GOTTEN BETTER

KEEP US POSTED :)

I wish I knew the answer. I was unfilled for only three weeks and got 2 cc's put in Saturday. Since then I have an ache in my lower left side too, with the same burning you mention around the port area. I'm not feeling very restricted so I know I'm not too tight. What I don't know is where this pain is coming from. I've never had pain after a fill....although this one was a little different because he said my port has tilted since last time so it took him a few tries. :-?

I'll keep checking this thread to see if you get any answers.

Sabrina:)

Is my stomach just re getting used to the band all over again? I had my fill under flouro and it looked great! When I drink fluids it feels weird also like it sits there for a second. I had my fill done with Dr. Lee in NJ

Hey there! I just posted about being a little overfilled by Dr. Lee! He is agressive! I had my second fill on around 8-20 and I'm still on liquids/mushy foods. I emailed him because I was happy with the loss but I didn't want to be in any danger. He told me as long as I don't force food and liquids and that I am having no cpmplications, I should be ok.

Check in with him! Let him know exactly whats going on. He responds right away!

Hope that helps.

Thanks, I did liquids for the 24 hours, guess that wasn't enough.

My doctor requires 24 hours of clear liquids after a fill, then 24 hours of full liquids and the next 24 hours of mushy foods. After those 72 hours I can go back to a normal diet. If your doctor doesn't have any requirements like this after a fill, it might be a good idea to do it anyway to allow any swelling to subside as well as getting yourself back to the basics as you may have to change your eating habits again after a fill.

• Like 1