4.6 cc in a 4 cc band-anyone else experienced this?

I just got my 4th fill today. I have a 4cc band and I'm now at 4.6cc. I'm kind of freaking out. Has anyone else heard of having your band so full? I'm hoping this works and I get some restriction. I got my band 6 months ago yesterday and I feel like I still have so so much to learn. Advice please!

I just got my 4th fill today. I have a 4cc band and I'm now at 4.6cc. I'm kind of freaking out. Has anyone else heard of having your band so full? I'm hoping this works and I get some restriction. I got my band 6 months ago yesterday and I feel like I still have so so much to learn. Advice please!

I have heard of people having more than 4 cc's in the 4cc band. Don't forget you have the port and tubing that holds ?? I wish I could remember the amount the 4cc and holds at capacity. Maybe someone else will know.

I have heard this as well. Did they empty yours and put it back in before your last fill? Sometimes a little bit of the last fill can magically disappear so my fill dr always removes what was in there too see how much is there and then puts the rest in, so there could be some that went bye bye.

I started out seeing one fill person who was a PA. He said that with all my fills combined I had a total of 4.5cc in my 4cc band. I switched and started going to a lapband surgeon, (the same one Shelby goes to), the first time I had a fill with him he removed all the fluid and I really only 3.1cc. I questioned him on the difference and he said that it is really easy to miscalculate the amount of fluid being put in the band.

Just another point of view.

dawn

I started out seeing one fill person who was a PA. He said that with all my fills combined I had a total of 4.5cc in my 4cc band. I switched and started going to a lapband surgeon, (the same one Shelby goes to), the first time I had a fill with him he removed all the fluid and I really only 3.1cc. I questioned him on the difference and he said that it is really easy to miscalculate the amount of fluid being put in the band.

Just another point of view.

dawn

You can never pull out ALL the liquid, so there is generally about 1cc that NEVER comes out of the band. You probably had 4.1cc's. Your PA may have been right. :-) I gave up on trying to keep track of the total a long time ago! LOL

Donna

I see a lapband surgeon and he looked kind of puzzled yesterday. He told me that I should be getting tons of restriction. We'll see. He even questioned that maybe I have a different size band and don't know it. I think if this time I don't the restriction then I will fly back down to TJ and do it under fluro. I'm glad to hear that you guys have heard of some people going higher than the 4cc point. I guess I'm just so worried because if I don't finally get some good restriction there is not a whole lot more I can do. I'll let you know in a couple of days when I try solids how it goes. Thanks so much for the responses. Makes me feel better.

I see a lapband surgeon and he looked kind of puzzled yesterday. He told me that I should be getting tons of restriction. We'll see. He even questioned that maybe I have a different size band and don't know it. I think if this time I don't the restriction then I will fly back down to TJ and do it under fluro. I'm glad to hear that you guys have heard of some people going higher than the 4cc point. I guess I'm just so worried because if I don't finally get some good restriction there is not a whole lot more I can do. I'll let you know in a couple of days when I try solids how it goes. Thanks so much for the responses. Makes me feel better.

Hi, I had my surgery 12/08 and also have a 4cc band. I am very close to 4cc

still have 40lbs to lose so I to am a bit worried.

Let me know how you do with your fill. GOOD LUCK!

Hi, I had my surgery 12/08 and also have a 4cc band. I am very close to 4cc

still have 40lbs to lose so I to am a bit worried.

Let me know how you do with your fill. GOOD LUCK!

Don't freak out!! Believe it or not, a lot of people don't get restriction until they are at 4cc or a little more with the 4cc band. That was the case with me. I had NO restriction until I was well over 3ccs. Now I'm at at least 4ccs. The good thing is, when you get to that point, it only takes a tiny drop to make ALL the difference! Hang in there!

:-)

Donna