had bloodwork done

Since I don't eat all that much anymore, I thought it was time to do blood tests and make sure I wasn't needing to supplement anything. They ran tests for everything under the sun and the only issue was my iron, which I have very low levels of. I'm going to look for some liquid iron and eat more leafy greens and maybe give red meat a try again.

I was THRILLED to have normal blood sugar, cholestoral etc. I was about to buy some B12 but that looks really good too! I had to laugh though, it was my doctors partner that gave me results (he'd left for the day)... she doesn't know about my band and, in the nicest way possible, she did say that I might think about trying to lose some weight!!! I told her I had just lost over 70 pounds and you should have seen the look on her face.

Sabrina:)

I too recently had blood work done and all my levels were great except my iron. I now take iron supplements. I take the tablets and have no problems with them because they are very small. However, anemia runs in my family and I have always had trouble with this even before the band. What do you eat in a typical day?

Just got mine done a couple weeks ago but haven't heard back about the results. I've been having trouble with bruises not healing so she ran a full load of tests. My guess is it's iron as well.

Great job!

Hey Sabrina, way to go on the normal cholesterol and blood sugar! That's fabulous news!!!

I take a liquid iron supplement that is clear and virtually tasteless (except for a slightly minerally taste that you get used to) and it doesn't create constipation either. It's called Spa Tone and you can get it at Whole Foods or Victoria's Health on Lonsdale for about 26$ for a month supply. It's pricy, but I find it way better tasting than Floradix, the other liquid iron supplement that most places in Vancouver sell. I usually add it to my morning protein drink or glass of water. Sorry american friends, I haven't been able to find it in the states at all...

Babe

Hey Sabrina, way to go on the normal cholesterol and blood sugar! That's fabulous news!!!

I take a liquid iron supplement that is clear and virtually tasteless (except for a slightly minerally taste that you get used to) and it doesn't create constipation either. It's called Spa Tone and you can get it at Whole Foods or Victoria's Health on Lonsdale for about 26$ for a month supply. It's pricy, but I find it way better tasting than Floradix, the other liquid iron supplement that most places in Vancouver sell. I usually add it to my morning protein drink or glass of water. Sorry american friends, I haven't been able to find it in the states at all...

Babe

Thanks! I want to go t o Whole Foods when I go to the lap band meeting at Lions Gate this week. It is tomorrow night and providing my husband gets home from work in time, I'll be there. Hope to see you!

Since I don't eat all that much anymore, I thought it was time to do blood tests and make sure I wasn't needing to supplement anything. They ran tests for everything under the sun and the only issue was my iron, which I have very low levels of. I'm going to look for some liquid iron and eat more leafy greens and maybe give red meat a try again.

I was THRILLED to have normal blood sugar, cholestoral etc. I was about to buy some B12 but that looks really good too! I had to laugh though, it was my doctors partner that gave me results (he'd left for the day)... she doesn't know about my band and, in the nicest way possible, she did say that I might think about trying to lose some weight!!! I told her I had just lost over 70 pounds and you should have seen the look on her face.

Great news! I would be so thrilled too! Way to go!

Babe

I am going to look for that at Whole Foods! I just tried to give blood and they won't take it...said my iron is too low. :(