Weigh-n Wednesday

I am holding steady at 250. Which am grateful for. This week has been employee appreciation

Week at work.....muffins, cookies, ice cream bars, sandwiches, ect......you get the point.

Brutal! Plus......TOM.... UGH

Over all I am blessed I have the band and have had a week of junk and stayed even steven.

I hope to loose a lb or two in the upcoming week.

I am holding steady at 250. Which am grateful for. This week has been employee appreciation

Week at work.....muffins, cookies, ice cream bars, sandwiches, ect......you get the point.

Over all I am blessed I have the band and have had a week of junk and stayed even steven.

Hey Angie!

It is SO hard when there is "extra" things around. My mother is bringing me my b-day gift and she ALWAYS brings us a card with "green" it it ..yeahhh and her Fried Apple Pies (dont know why she called them this because she bakes them in the oven just like her pie) but this is a tradition and honestly I get this once a year..lol I have worked really hard to watch my NO NO food the past two weeks and this weekend is going to be REALLY hard! I did tell my hubby NOT to get me a b-day cake :( this year but that was a good step for me, LOVE B-day cakes! You are doing great and keep up the good work! Im going to weigh in the morning!

Carrie

Hey Angie!

It is SO hard when there is "extra" things around. My mother is bringing me my b-day gift and she ALWAYS brings us a card with "green" it it ..yeahhh and her Fried Apple Pies (dont know why she called them this because she bakes them in the oven just like her pie) but this is a tradition and honestly I get this once a year..lol I have worked really hard to watch my NO NO food the past two weeks and this weekend is going to be REALLY hard! I did tell my hubby NOT to get me a b-day cake :( this year but that was a good step for me, LOVE B-day cakes! You are doing great and keep up the good work! Im going to weigh in the morning!

Carrie

Carrie - I love birthday cake too! LOL That is a big step, and one you should be proud of!!!

Go Carrie! I tell ya, it's not easy to change our ways. Most of our celebrations are around food.....Happy Birthday CAKE, Thanksgiving DINNER, Christmas FEAST, POTLUCK lunches at work, ect....FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! Ugh!

I will share; I haven't weighed myself this week. This is partially, because of the TOM, and because of the "celebrating" going on at work.

My thoughts were I would save myself the disappointment of seeing a jump in the numbers. At any rate, this morning, I walked by the mirror and thought.....hmmmm looking good Angie! I look skinnier! HA! Wouldn't ya know it....I was! I got a glimpse of the 240's! Yay me! Hard to believe! I am on the down hill of my TOM, so maybe I let the water weight go, cuz at the beginning of the week.....before all the "celebrating at work".....I had jumped up 2.5 lbs!!!!! I figured it was due to my frienemy…..TOM! Compounding all the dang treats and HOLY COW!!!!!

At any rate.....I am grateful for this band. Can you imagine what damage would have been done with out it?????!!!!!

Enjoy your fried apple pie, as it is a very nice tradition and sounds like a good treat for your birthday. Besides, I shared the magic way to remove all the bad calories in the pie with your mother in law earlier this month. I assured her it wouldn't affect the taste one bit!

LIES....lol but it sounded good.

P.S. If my MIL aka DIL baked me a pie, it would have poison in it....as she is not my biggest fan! LOL

MIL = Mother in Law

DIL = Devil in Law......she is mean, and nasty.....toxic!

So last week I was 250. This week I am pleased to report I am 246.3!

Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you!

I got a new Weight Watchers scale. Way better than my old model. Not to mention, it said I was lighter than the other one! Ha! Who wouldn't love a scale like that??

I want a scale like that too! I'm at 180 again this morning.....I feel like I will NEVER see the 170's <_<

I wanted to be 175 by the end of summer and at goal (160) by my bday October 25th but then I had the dreaded unfill. Any idea how I can lose 20 pounds in a month???? Kidding. I've adjusted the goal and hope to (WILL) be there by Christmas!!!

Sabrina:)

I'm 6 days post-op today. It was weird because when I got home right after surgery, I think I actually GAINED weight?? Maybe being bloated or retaining water?? In any case, my little OCC card said I was 226 at surgery date. Today, 6 days later, I am 216.6. Since I'm still on the liquid diet, my goal for next week's weigh-in: 205. Wish me luck!!

I'm 6 days post-op today. It was weird because when I got home right after surgery, I think I actually GAINED weight?? Maybe being bloated or retaining water?? In any case, my little OCC card said I was 226 at surgery date. Today, 6 days later, I am 216.6. Since I'm still on the liquid diet, my goal for next week's weigh-in: 205. Wish me luck!!

[/quote

Hi Charelle! Congrats on getting banded! Funny thing, that OCC scale bcuz It actually weighs you less than what you really are because the day of my surgery, it said that I weighed 6 pounds less than what I really did so remember to go by your own scale at home to get an accurate reading. In any case, YAY FOR YOU! ;)

Hi Charelle! Congrats on getting banded! Funny thing, that OCC scale bcuz It actually weighs you less than what you really are because the day of my surgery, it said that I weighed 6 pounds less than what I really did so remember to go by your own scale at home to get an accurate reading. In any case, YAY FOR YOU! ;)

Thanks, Lea! I hear what you're saying about the scale at OCC! I was 221 when I left home. When I got to the OCC 4 hours later (& fasting), I got on Dr. Miranda's scale and I was 217! So, I was SOOOO stoked! Then, sometime before I left (it's all a blur now!) I got my little card that said I was 226 on surgery date! SOOO weird. BUT, I got home a couple of days later and MY scale said 226. Go figure!

Hi All,

:lb5:

Well, I did my weigh in this morning. I am at 165.5

My goal now is to be in the 150s by the time I leave for Philadelphia in 2 weeks.

I know it is 6 pounds in the next two weeks, but I can try for it, right. :D

Hugs,

Krist

Still doing my pre-op diet but down another 3 pounds this week.

Surgery is Sept 29th I can hardly wait.

Debbie

Good job, RevyD! You are scootin' right along toward your goal! :) Now, as for the rest of you - I am happy you told me the OCC scale weighs light, I'll go ahead and stop dieting now... :P *kidding* But, it does make me feel a little more secure about losing those last four pounds - but then again maybe they know it weighs light since they put a higher weight on your card, Charelle... I dunno, I've confused myself now... time to go to bed! :)

• Like 1

Weighed in this morning and am at 62 lbs lost. That is up a tiny bit from last week, but after my bday weekend I was up 2lbs so i've almost lost all of that which is good. So at least i'm moving back in the right direction!

Hello Ladies,

I am considering getting the Lap Band, and just wanted to ask you all a few questions as far a diet goes.

Are you able to eat how you used to but in smaller portions?...Or am I going to have to change all my eating habits?

I can handle eating less...because I feel full...but I dont think I can give up an occasional french fry, pizza, and cake...lol

I dont eat junk food all the time...but I still want the option to be able to..

Thanks

KC

Hello Ladies,

I am considering getting the Lap Band, and just wanted to ask you all a few questions as far a diet goes.

Are you able to eat how you used to but in smaller portions?...Or am I going to have to change all my eating habits?

I can handle eating less...because I feel full...but I dont think I can give up an occasional french fry, pizza, and cake...lol

Thanks

KC

After nine months, I can eat ONE piece of pizza, I haven't tried to eat cake and I can't eat french fries, which is probably what I miss the most....and probably one of the biggest reasons I gained so much weight- love my fries!

Hello Ladies,

Thanks

KC

Hi KC

When I was awaiting my band..lol....I had the thought that I would get this band and be able to eat whatever just in smaller portions. After being banded I did not want to eat the same foods that I was eating, this is the food choice that got me here to begin with. I thought that I could do this, and the weight was goig to fall off. It has NOT worked that way for me. I have lost alot of weight, but I DO watch everything I eat. I do not eat fried or breaded and I watch Calories, fat, carbs and sugars. I eat HIGH protien. I am not saying I dont ever eat anything that is bad, because I do. ICE CREAM, CHIPS AND DIP and Starbucks (I have the Carmel Frab, not good choice) is my downfall and a slider food for me. I think ONLY because I can eat the entire cup that I get from Marble Slab. I have been really thing WHY do I want Ice Cream SO much. Honestly when thinking about it, I think for me it is because I can eat the entire thing! I dont know but you will be really suprise if you do count your calories and watch your fat intake of how little amount of "good" food that you can eat and hit 1200 caloires a day. At first I was thinking as little as I eat, there is no way, but when I started couting, WOW was I shocked! The band does not "police" the NO NO foods you put in, just they type if you can or cant eat it and the amount you can eat.

I do think you have to change your eating habits, for me this is what I have had to do. I am sure there are some people that did not have to do this, but this is what I choose for a happier and healther me.

Good Luck to you!

Carrie

Last week: 216.6

Last week's goal for this week: 205

Okay...that was wishful thinking, as I started the "full liquids" and of course...weight loss drastically slowed down! I'm happy to say I'm at peace with it. My obsession is gone! Well....maybe not ALL the way gone, but I do realize that I should think of weight loss in terms of the long haul, and not a daily need!

With that said, I weighed in today at 211.6. Down 5 lbs. from last week. ^_^

So:

Last week: 216.6

Last week's goal for this week: 205

This week: 211.6

This week's goal for next week: 209

This week I am 243.6

Looks like I traded the last 2 numbers spots!

2.7 lbs! I am pleased with that!

So last week I was 250. This week I am pleased to report I am 246.3!

Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you!

I got a new Weight Watchers scale. Way better than my old model. Not to mention, it said I was lighter than the other one! Ha! Who wouldn't love a scale like that??

I want a scale like that too! I'm at 180 again this morning.....I feel like I will NEVER see the 170's <_<

I wanted to be 175 by the end of summer and at goal (160) by my bday October 25th but then I had the dreaded unfill. Any idea how I can lose 20 pounds in a month???? Kidding. I've adjusted the goal and hope to (WILL) be there by Christmas!!!

Sabrina:)

Hi-

I am new and considering the band- why did you have to get the unfill? Are you going to the OCC for all fills and unfills?

Thanks-

Leah

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

That is me screaming at the top of my lungs. I was SO happy to finally get below 180 earlier this week (stuck at that weight FOREVER)....I was at 178 a few days ago and today, back UP to 180. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! That scale is lucky it didn't get hurled out the window.