NOVEMBER SURGERIES AND FILLS

The day I had surgery, they did 7. They have 6 surgical suites and then 3 over fill beds. One of my bandster friends Teri was in a over flow bed. She did not want to re-schedule her surgery. My surgery from beginning to end lasted a little over 30 minutes. They are very good at there jobs. I will say, that my incisions look much better and are smaller than some of my friends who had theres done in the states! I am pleased about that.

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie and I am getting my procedure done with Dr. Ortiz on November 13th as well (along with Beth's Mom). So I wonder how many procedure's Dr. Ortiz does in 1 day? I hope it is not like a wham bam thank you mam, next sort of thing. But we will see.

I live in West Los Angeles between Culver City and Santa Monica and I work in Beverly Hills. I have a son who is 17 (I had him when I was very young) and a boyfriend and my baby is an 11 month english old bulldog named Bogie. Bogie is my support system on a daily basis and if I could take him with me for the procedure I would but he would get stolen so that is out of the question.

I was laid off from Sony Pictures on 3/10/09 and that is the day we brought Bogie home from the breeder. He gave me the streangth, courage and self esteem I needed to find my current job that matched my pay, benefits from Sony but with more perks!

Like everyone else I am self-pay but not really, Sony is paying for a third with the rest of the severance package I have, My grandma is paying for 1/4th with a savings bond she gave me and I am paying for the rest with a laon form my 401K (so I get to payback myself with interest =D> ). So it's all good.

My boyfriend's mother is going with me for the procedure. My own mother wanted to go but I am not so sure about that yet. We were both cut from the same cloth and sometimes that can be problematic. I might have her meet me at the train station in San Deigo but still undecided.

I just hope I can be back at work on Monday morning. Please tell me I can be back at work on Monday morning. I am a new employee so I only have something like 3.5 days of accumulated vacation days. Two days of which I am taking for this procedure (thursday/friday).

Also, If anyone knows of a doctor in the Los Angeles area who will do my fills under floroscopy please, please, please share. I am going to make a bunch of calls tomorrow to find someone willing to take me. Since I only have limited vacation days I am sure you understand my need for a doctor in my area. It would be nice to see someone in BH or West LA on my lunch hour so please let me know.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys! Hope everyone is well! I am starting to get nervous with my excitement. I am also hoping that I can return to work on the following Monday, I am having surgery on Wednesday. I am also wondering what kind of clothes I should take with me? LOL the silly worries are kicking in!!

ahhh!! so i JUST called occ and scheduled my surgery date!! i'm scared and excited and anxious...etc etc etc...

my pre-op and surgery date is wednesday, november 4th....anyone else out there gonna be there?

i wanted to get it done in early november for the reasons mentioned above....thanksgiving...christmas...new years.... feast time!!

Congrats... I had my GREAT experience on Sept 17... I will be there Nov 6 for my first fill... No regrets... Dave

I am getting so excited. My surgery is scheduled for Nov. 10th 2009. I have been doing excessive research online. I am currently looking for a protein powder for my pre op diet that isn't super expensive, is lactose free, low in sugar, and low in fat. Each serving must have at least 12 grams of protein. Help anyone?

I am getting so excited. My surgery is scheduled for Nov. 10th 2009. I have been doing excessive research online. I am currently looking for a protein powder for my pre op diet that isn't super expensive, is lactose free, low in sugar, and low in fat. Each serving must have at least 12 grams of protein. Help anyone?

We have the same date! :) I'm using the Hemp Protein with Fiber by Nutiva. It shows it's 11 grams, but its pretty good! :) You can buy a 3lb bag for 22 dollars at Vitacost. :) I use it with chocolate soymilk or smoothies.

We have the same date! :) I'm using the Hemp Protein with Fiber by Nutiva. It shows it's 11 grams, but its pretty good! :) You can buy a 3lb bag for 22 dollars at Vitacost. :) I use it with chocolate soymilk or smoothies.

Thanks!! I am gonna look for it. Will let you know what I end up getting. Looking online was a bit overwhelming. Gonna check out the vitamin shoppe and GNC. If it's too costly, I may use your suggestion.

Thanks!! I am gonna look for it. Will let you know what I end up getting. Looking online was a bit overwhelming. Gonna check out the vitamin shoppe and GNC. If it's too costly, I may use your suggestion.

I know how you feel, I looked around all over the place for a good protein that wasn't just soy! Everything was so expensive. I also wanted something with a decent amount of fiber, or that was raw, this had it all and this was PERFECT for me! :) Whatever you decide to go with, check out the vitacost site to see if its cheaper. Most of the time they can't be beat.

I know how you feel, I looked around all over the place for a good protein that wasn't just soy! Everything was so expensive. I also wanted something with a decent amount of fiber, or that was raw, this had it all and this was PERFECT for me! :) Whatever you decide to go with, check out the vitacost site to see if its cheaper. Most of the time they can't be beat.

Thanks for telling me about Vitacost!! I bought "Next Proteins Designer Whey" in the strawberry and chocolate flavors. The price was very good. The same product was more than twice as much at GNC. I paid $35.00 for both 2lb. containers together. It has 18g, 2g carbs, 2g sugar, 100 cal. per serving. It's also 97% lactose free. 34 servings per container is fantastic compared to buying those expensive premade canned drinks.

Hey Guys! How is everyone doing? I am getting excited and nervous about my date! I am also struggling now with my preop diet.. I think I need someone to slap me on the face to wake me up! I hope everyone is doing well... we are almost there!! ;-)

Hey I added you on yahoo messenger, im themixxxologist. :)

I have been reading this forum and lapbandtalk and I am SOOOO excited! I cant wait to get this done! What a releif it will be. I guess until now it was just too far away to get excited but it hit now!! :) My surgery was the 10th but I got bumped to the 9th! The sooner the better! :yahoo:

Thanks for telling me about Vitacost!! I bought "Next Proteins Designer Whey" in the strawberry and chocolate flavors. The price was very good. The same product was more than twice as much at GNC. I paid $35.00 for both 2lb. containers together. It has 18g, 2g carbs, 2g sugar, 100 cal. per serving. It's also 97% lactose free. 34 servings per container is fantastic compared to buying those expensive premade canned drinks.

No problemo! My boyfriend used to buy his protein from GNC and it was so expensive!! I used vitacost for vitamins, so we looked up his protein and now thats all he uses!!

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie and I am getting my procedure done with Dr. Ortiz on November 13th as well (along with Beth's Mom). So I wonder how many procedure's Dr. Ortiz does in 1 day? I hope it is not like a wham bam thank you mam, next sort of thing. But we will see.

I live in West Los Angeles between Culver City and Santa Monica and I work in Beverly Hills. I have a son who is 17 (I had him when I was very young) and a boyfriend and my baby is an 11 month english old bulldog named Bogie. Bogie is my support system on a daily basis and if I could take him with me for the procedure I would but he would get stolen so that is out of the question.

I was laid off from Sony Pictures on 3/10/09 and that is the day we brought Bogie home from the breeder. He gave me the streangth, courage and self esteem I needed to find my current job that matched my pay, benefits from Sony but with more perks!

Like everyone else I am self-pay but not really, Sony is paying for a third with the rest of the severance package I have, My grandma is paying for 1/4th with a savings bond she gave me and I am paying for the rest with a laon form my 401K (so I get to payback myself with interest =D> ). So it's all good.

My boyfriend's mother is going with me for the procedure. My own mother wanted to go but I am not so sure about that yet. We were both cut from the same cloth and sometimes that can be problematic. I might have her meet me at the train station in San Deigo but still undecided.

I just hope I can be back at work on Monday morning. Please tell me I can be back at work on Monday morning. I am a new employee so I only have something like 3.5 days of accumulated vacation days. Two days of which I am taking for this procedure (thursday/friday).

Also, If anyone knows of a doctor in the Los Angeles area who will do my fills under floroscopy please, please, please share. I am going to make a bunch of calls tomorrow to find someone willing to take me. Since I only have limited vacation days I am sure you understand my need for a doctor in my area. It would be nice to see someone in BH or West LA on my lunch hour so please let me know.

j

Not sure if you are still looking for aftercare but if you call OCC they will give you a list of folks in your area that will see you. At least that is what they did for me a year ago.

I'm going in for my very first fill on Saturday, November 14th. Oh my goodness....SOOOOO excited!! I know having restriction after a first fill is unlikely, but hopefully it will get me back into the band mentality as I'll finally be OUT of bandster hell!! #-o

Can't wait...

ahhh!! so i JUST called occ and scheduled my surgery date!! i'm scared and excited and anxious...etc etc etc...

my pre-op and surgery date is wednesday, november 4th....anyone else out there gonna be there?

i wanted to get it done in early november for the reasons mentioned above....thanksgiving...christmas...new years.... feast time!!

I'll be arriving on 11-04-09 for pre-op and my surgery is on 11-05-09...I really don't know how to feel.....

I actually had mine done earlier becuase I started a job and wouldn't have the opportunity to go afterwards!!

It was an easy breezy surgery!! I didn't skip a beat! :) So - try not to be too nervous and just enjoy it! I have a 16 month old son and was able to pick him up with no problems (he weighs a little less than 25 pounds). I was sore, but not in pain...I'm still a little sore in the port area, but it's really nothing!

Enjoy your band!!