Fill Question - For the Seasoned Bandsters

OK I thought I posted this now I can't find it so maybe I made it up! :lol:

I don't feel like I need another fill, but I am coming up on my bandiversary and just want to go in and have them take a peek. I don't think anything is wrong or anything, just want to put my mind at ease and make sure it's all OK. It's been a while since i've had a fill. I could do one slight tweek, but I fear getting too tight.

Any of you done that just gone in to get it checked out and not gotten a fill? I might call today and see if they do that.

thanks!

I don't feel like I need another fill, but I am coming up on my bandiversary and just want to go in and have them take a peek. I don't think anything is wrong or anything, just want to put my mind at ease and make sure it's all OK. It's been a while since i've had a fill. I could do one slight tweek, but I fear getting too tight.

Any of you done that just gone in to get it checked out and not gotten a fill? I might call today and see if they do that.

thanks!

I haven't ever done that...but I think it sounds like a good idea...can't hurt!

thanks!

A lot of patients do just what you asked,, they go down to TJ and have the OCC check things out. Also,, they might recommend that when you hit the 1 1/2 to 2 year mark that you might just want to have an Endoscopy done. The OCC can arrange that at another clinic, there is a cost, I don't know what it is, but I'm sure it's reasonable compared to the USA.

Dolittle,

I'm curious why you think a 1 1/2 to 2 year out bandster have a "check-up"? If all is going well and we don't feel like anything is wrong, do you still think it should be done? - Just wonderin' after reading your last post.

Shelby,

I actually had an appointment planned with my fill Doc, October the 5th and I did not go. My fill Doc is three hours from me, which is NOT an issue. She called me and wanted to know why I was wanting this. She asked me questions like, how much have you lost to date, what a typical day was like food wise, do I get stuck, do I throw up, do I throw up breakfast at lunch.. YUK!!!, etc....She told me that if I wanted to she would do it but was necessary. My fill doctor did her teaching with Dr. Ortiz and Martinez at the OCC. She told me that unless I was having signs of something wrong or I thought something was wrong then that is when I should do it. She said that everything was normal and that I was doing great with my weight loss. I told her that I do not think anything is wrong just wanted the peice of mind. I thought about it and may still go, but I did not go to this appointment. She told me that the 2 lbs of week that I THOUGHT I was suppose to be loosing right now was not correct, 2-3lbs a month is good. hmmm...sounded low to me. She said since I am 37 pounds from goal, Im going to have to burn fat not calories...I am not an expert and I just do what I can do....WHO knows...lol

Carrie

Dolittle,

I'm curious why you think a 1 1/2 to 2 year out bandster have a "check-up"? If all is going well and we don't feel like anything is wrong, do you still think it should be done? - Just wonderin' after reading your last post.

I had an endoscopy at the 1 1/2 year mark, I wasn't having any complications. I had it done for my own piece of mind,, They checked for erosion and other stuff. It's like when you hit age 50 they recommend a colonoscopy.

Thanks so much!! I will call them i'm about to head out of town but when I get back i'll have them check it out. I guess my only fear would be if I have stretched my pouch at all. Everything feels good and I don't PB that much, but I feel like I can eat more than a lot of other folks can. So yeah just peace of mind knowing all is OK. I don't get that "i'm full" feeling but maybe 50 percent of the time and am just making myself stop after a certain point now.

I'm not losing much, but I think i'm within about 10 lbs of what I think is a healthy goal weight for me (135) - not what the BMI says I should be at, but where I feel I can get to. So I know things are gonna go slower now.

Thanks again everyone!!

thanks!

Hi Shelby,

Are you planning to go to Dr. Malley or the OCC? I tried to get the ARNP to do flouro and barrium on me a couple of weeks ago in Dr. Malley office and she wouldn't do it even though it is the same cost as the fill. I will be interested in what they say if that is where you are thinking of going.

Dawn

Hi Shelby,

Are you planning to go to Dr. Malley or the OCC? I tried to get the ARNP to do flouro and barrium on me a couple of weeks ago in Dr. Malley office and she wouldn't do it even though it is the same cost as the fill. I will be interested in what they say if that is where you are thinking of going.

Dawn

Ohhh thanks so much for letting me know i'll ask them. I called today an made an appt for the 26th I think it is, but I specifically asked for Dr. M. That is why I have to wait a bit before I can get in. But i'll call back and ask specifically about it. That is what I was hoping they would do and i'm not about to pay money to go in for nothing. It is $65 to see him w/o getting a fill.

Thanks!!