Salad Anyone?

I receive emails from Sparkpeople.com GREAT WONDERFUL website and I thought I would share this with everyone! Wow VERY shocking to me!!! :o

Here is a top 10 list of some of the worst restaurant salads you just might be eating.

Number 10

Romano's Macaroni Grill Chicken Florentine Salad – 1,020 calories/17 grams/2,830 mg sodium

Number 9

Quiznos Chicken Caesar Flatbread Salad – 1,020 calories/69 grams fat/2,120 mg sodium

Number 8

Quiznos Roasted Chicken Flatbread Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing – 1,070 calories/71 grams fat/1,770 mg sodium

Number 7

Chili's Boneless Buffalo Chicken Salad – 1,070 calories/77 grams fat/4,380 mg sodium

Number 6

Chili's Southwestern Cobb Salad – 1,080 calories/71 grams/2,650 mg sodium

Number 5

Ruby Tuesday's Carolina Chicken Salad – 1,129 calories/71 grams fat

Number 4

Baja Fresh Charbroiled Steak Tostada Salad – 1,230 calories/63 grams fat/2,380 mg sodium

Number 3

Chili's Quesadilla Explosion Salad – 1,390 calories/89 grams fat/2,710 mg sodium :(( Love this salad!

Number 2

Chevy's Fresh Mex Grilled Fajita Salad made with Chicken, Carnitas, Shrimp or Steak - 1,450-1,620 calories/27-37 grams fat/1,570-2,530 mg sodium

And the Number 1 worst restaurant salad you may be eating is….

Chevy's Fresh Mex Tostada Salad with Chicken, Carnitas or Steak - 1,550-1,720 calories/37-47 grams fat/2,480-3,310 mg sodium

I think I will stick to grilled chicken from now on... ;)

Carrie

I eat both of the Chili's salads from time to time and have no remorse whatsoever. I order them with grilled chicken and then only eat 1/4 to 1/3 of the salad. The entire salad is a lot, but when split into 3 or 4 meals it isn't too bad to have on occasion. Besides, lettuce is made up mainly of water and my fill doc said I could have 2 cups of lettuce without any worries because of the water content.

Holy crap! I can't believe how many calories some of those salads have! I too love the quesadilla explosion salad from chilis... what a shame. lol. Although, I don't go out to eat much anymore so I guess its not a huge loss. Its just unreal to me, though, how it could be better for you to eat french fries than a salad.