Surgery date changed to 10/19-anyone else going to be there?

I ended up taking a job that wants me to start on 10/26 so I moved my surgery date up because I won't be able to take off once I start working.

Is anyone else going in for surgery that day? I am flying in on Sunday the 18th and am staying at the Marriott! I am going alone...should I be worried??

I ended up taking a job that wants me to start on 10/26 so I moved my surgery date up because I won't be able to take off once I start working.

Is anyone else going in for surgery that day? I am flying in on Sunday the 18th and am staying at the Marriott! I am going alone...should I be worried??

Nope - you should not worry one single bit. You will be in good hands. Don't stress yourself. Before you know it you will be picked up in a white van and taken very good care of.

I've been a member or this board since April ish and I have not seen one post that said they had a bad experience.

Hi,

I was banded on 9/22 and I went by myself. I loved it - it was like a little mini vacation (well, except for the discomfort after surgery between the pain pills). The only regret I had was not taking more $1 bills to tip the drivers. They were all very, very nice. I felt completely safe the whole time and the Marriott room was huge, so I did a lot of pacing around the room after I got back from surgery. I met two very nice women in the lobby on the morning of the surgery. We were the only 3 who stayed the night at the clinic (the other 2 went back to their hotels). We did a lot of laughing- although I can't remember now what was so funny.

If you want to talk on the phone or via email, send me a private message and I'll give you my info. I just set my fill appointment for the 27th and I'll be going on my own again.

Margie

Nope - you should not worry one single bit. You will be in good hands. Don't stress yourself. Before you know it you will be picked up in a white van and taken very good care of.

I've been a member or this board since April ish and I have not seen one post that said they had a bad experience.

Hey I'm going in on the 22nd so you will be gone when I get there but I'm also going alone. I was scared to go alone as well, not because of anything that might happen at the hospital or with the surgery, the posts on this board made me feel confident that everything would be ok, noone seemed to have a bad experience. I just didn't want to be by myself. Unfortunately noone could get off work to go with me I read a post by DesasterWalking and it kind of put my mind at ease, she went alone and everything worked out fine. It might be helpful to you as well. Good luck, I'm sure you will be ok. -Odette

Hey I'm going in on the 22nd so you will be gone when I get there but I'm also going alone. I was scared to go alone as well, not because of anything that might happen at the hospital or with the surgery, the posts on this board made me feel confident that everything would be ok, noone seemed to have a bad experience. I just didn't want to be by myself. Unfortunately noone could get off work to go with me I read a post by DesasterWalking and it kind of put my mind at ease, she went alone and everything worked out fine. It might be helpful to you as well. Good luck, I'm sure you will be ok. -Odette

Hi, Odette! I'm happy to know I was able to help put someone's mind at ease with my post. :) And, yes -- I had a good experience and everything went absolutely smoothly. I will say it would have been more fun if my husband was there with me - but we decided together that we'd rather him be home with the kids so that they'd be comfortable, rather than dissrupt their entire routine and have them stay with someone else so he could come along. That was a tough decision - and I will admit that I was scared and had some doubts (the night before leaving for TJ, in particular) - but everything was just fine. I am now 16 days post-op and feel like a million bucks! :)

Holly - are you staying at the Mariott too? I would love to meet up with you! Are you going to be alone also?

I am going to stay at the Lucerna...I can't imagine that they are that far from each other though. My Mom will be with me...but I already told her you were going to be there getting your band alone and I might meet up with you! I am bringing my laptop...so you can contact me and hopefully we can figure something out! holly.mires@ymail.com I would LOVE to meet you!

Hi DisasterWalking, your posts were really helpful to me. Thanx, I'm glad tohear that everything went ok. I will be leaving soon for tj and ihope my experience will go as smoothly.

I just got banded on the 13th and stayed at the Marriott. I was by myself and very nervous. Everything went fantastic from the drivers to the doctors to the nurses to the hotel staff, they could not of been more helpful and professional. You are in great hands and nothing to worry about. I also meat people the morning of surgery at the hotel lobby. Everyone was brilliant. Good luck and best wishes it will be over before you realize it.

Do not worry you will be ok. I went alone as well and I didn’t feel lonely. Everyone is very nice and you will make friends driving from the airport with the others scheduled for surgery on the same day as you. I did, I met wonderful people (Mike, his wife, Connie, her friend). I will be at the clinic on Monday as well for my first fill. If you see a tall blonde with big butt tottering on high heels, feel free to say hello…

thanks everyone!! i'm at the marriott now just chilling and enjoying peace and quiet! i might even go take a nap! i was picked up from the airport by ramiro (who couldn't have been nicer)!! So far, so good! pre op and surgery tomorrow...that's the hard part!! ;)

Glad to hear you are relaxing and enjoying yourself! Update us on your progress!

thanks everyone!! i'm at the marriott now just chilling and enjoying peace and quiet! i might even go take a nap! i was picked up from the airport by ramiro (who couldn't have been nicer)!! So far, so good! pre op and surgery tomorrow...that's the hard part!! ;)