23 October 2009

MyNewLife

Hi Ladies....

Ok today is day 3 of my band being TIGHT! Im not sure what is going on, any suggestions?????? I dont have a TOM, Im a little stressed ????

B-about six bits of Oatmeal

S-Green Tea

L-One bit of talipia and 3 bits of Broccoli (Felt like I was going to get stuck so stopped)

S-Green Tea

D- 1/2 cup Veggie Soup

Water Zero Today :(

Walking 5 miles tonight with Hubby, Made it 4 miles

Carrie

Sorry i've been out of commission the last few days! My brother got in a car accident Wed morning and except for letting the dogs out i've been here at the hospital. He is stable, but it's gonna take quite a few surgeries he's already had two. I haven't been able to keep anything down and what I have eaten has been crappy fast food, cafeteria food, and things folks have brought us. My aunt asked if we needed anything and I asked if she would bring snacks hoping she'd bring healthy stuff...nope! M&M's and reeces peanut butter cups! :(

It's gonna be hard, but i'm gonna try to get back on track as best as I can. Regardless i'm gonna post what i've eaten so keep me honest.

B: Chips and dip (was starving and it was all that would go down!)

L: Mini ravioli - about 3 and then got stuck

S: Green beans - my brother won't eat his food so I ate them! About 1/2 cup.

S: About 10 peanut M&M's

D: Once taco bell cheese roll up - ate about half and slimed

S: chips and dip

Sorry i've been out of commission the last few days! My brother got in a car accident Wed morning and except for letting the dogs out i've been here at the hospital. He is stable, but it's gonna take quite a few surgeries he's already had two. I haven't been able to keep anything down and what I have eaten has been crappy fast food, cafeteria food, and things folks have brought us. My aunt asked if we needed anything and I asked if she would bring snacks hoping she'd bring healthy stuff...nope! M&M's and reeces peanut butter cups! :(

It's gonna be hard, but i'm gonna try to get back on track as best as I can. Regardless i'm gonna post what i've eaten so keep me honest.

D: TBA - just told my other brother to bring my dad and I something so we shall see!

Sorry to read about your brother!! I'll definitely keep him & the rest of your family in my prayers.

Hi Ladies....

Ok today is day 3 of my band being TIGHT! Im not sure what is going on, any suggestions?????? I dont have a TOM, Im a little stressed ????

B-about six bits of Oatmeal

S-Green Tea

L-One bit of talipia and 3 bits of Broccoli (Felt like I was going to get stuck so stopped)

S-Green Tea

D-Think Im going to have liquids again tonight....

Water Zero Today :(

Walking 5 miles tonight with Hubby

Carrie

That was me about a week ago. I ended up doing liquids for a few full days with maalox and seemed to help. I'm back to eating as usual. Maybe you are swollen from the last PB. Thats what I figured happened to me.

D: TBA - just told my other brother to bring my dad and I something so we shall see!

So sorry to hear about your brother... Thats a ton of stress for everyone in your family including you.

Prayers to you and your family and.... Happy Bandiversary

Laura

Shelby, that sucks. He's lucky to have you there for him. Carrie, I had a really tight day yesterday too and have no idea why- it's so random.

Now on to my terrible eating day.............

B- Coffee and a yogurt cup

L- tried a banana and some peanut butter but felt like it was gonna get stuck so only had two bites

S- a few handfuls of garlic macadamia nuts I brought home from Hawaii (bad idea, they are SO fattening)

D- my nephews bday party and I couldn't get the pizza down at all so I ate cheezies non-stop for about an hour, ugh!

Three bottles water

No exercise all week cause son has flu so I'm stuck at home with him

Shelby - I am sorry to hear about your brother. It is great that he has his family around him. Sounds like he will have a ways yet to go before he is better. I hope you get some good food too. You need to keep your strengh and energy levels up so you can be there for him.

Carrie - I hope you have relief today. If you don't and still feel tight, I think I would do a malox and liquid diet for a day or two. You may have swelling on swelling.

About the ever so FICKLE band.....mine is WIDE open. I have a check up apt on Tues of this next week. I'll weigh in and see how much I have lost for the month....according to their scales. (darn it....I won't be able to weigh myself NAKED! HA!)

If my band keeps it's mouth open wide, I guess I will go in for another fill after my monthly visit from you know who.......at least I know this one really will be a tweak. (although I have been saying that since my second fill....)

Happy Saturday! Whoo hooo!

P.S. Carrie are you at work today?

Breakfast : Scrambled Egg whites

1 bite of suasage

3 strawberries

Lunch: 2 oz chicken

green peppers, red peppers and carrots

Dinner: Salmon frattata

green beans

1/2 orange

Hi- Watching your progress as I am trying to make my mind up to do this; scared becuase of all of the sliming and stuck stuff!!! You look like you are eating pretty well- have the urges to eat junk food been curbed? Have you gotten "stuck" ?? And if you have, is it as bad and painful as I am imagining, or is it tolerable? Thanks!! Leah

Hi- Watching your progress as I am trying to make my mind up to do this; scared becuase of all of the sliming and stuck stuff!!! You look like you are eating pretty well- have the urges to eat junk food been curbed? Have you gotten "stuck" ?? And if you have, is it as bad and painful as I am imagining, or is it tolerable? Thanks!! Leah

Hi Leah. So far so good. I have not had a fill yet as it is only 4 weeks post op for me. I do not plan on having a fill until my weight loss slows down to 1 pound a week for several weeks.

Presently with the band I do feel full and have not experienced any real hunger pangs. I have had no sliming or PBing .

I am following the rules that were given to me by the OCC strickly. I remember Dr Ortiz telling me that once I started eating the key was not to see how much my band could handle but in fact to see how little I could eat and feel full. As soon as I feel full I stop whether the meal is finished or not.

I also follow the 5 rules they gave us very strickly

1. Eat 3 times a day.

2. Eat only solid foods once you are past the 21 days post op

3. Chew thoroughly

4. Do not drink liquids with meals

5. No high calorie foods.

I was a sugar addict before , a binge eater and I loved any junk food . Since I have been banded I have experienced no cravings. Actually I should say no craving for junk food only healthy food. I make sure i get a minimum of 50 grams of protein a day . That is what Dr. Miranda told me to do.

I also think I huge factor for me is exercise. Since I started my pre op diet I have walked. I live on the side of a mountian so I walk 40 minutes a day after work. It is about 2.75 miles and downhill one way and all up hill the other. My resting pulse is now 43 which means my heart is in great shape from the exercise and weight loss. Pulse before was 75-80.

I also do bands on alternate days to try and keep my arms tones as much as possible. At work I used to ride the elevator and now i only do the stairs which helps as well.

Being banded has been the best thing I have ever done for myself. My only regret is that I did not do it years ago. I LOVE MY BAND AND MY NEW LIFE.

Funny thing happened yesterday. I went for my walk and 3 times my pants fell right off. Thank God no one was around. I had to walk the rest of the way holding them up. Great non scale victory. Guess it is time to go and buy some new clothes :)

Have to run now so I hope this information helps you. If you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Debbie

P.S No I have never been stuck

Hi Debbie !

Congradulations on making it past your liquid phase & onto your solid food portions! I left Victoria on the 15th, had my surgery on the 16th and now am on day 10. I just added my protein Advantage drink to my intake. The only problems I seem to be having post surgery is that my port site has opened enough to allow for ooze to be draining pretty much 24/7. I was quite bruised and what seems to be draining is the fluid ( old blood & serum ) created and colleted locally at the surgery site. I'm applying a nonstick Telfa pad & dressing it liberally with triple Polysporin about every hour as they become quite saturated. This is day two of this issue.

My other issue is ...after enjoying my Dannon Probiotic drink this morning followed an hour later by my Advantage drink I learned that both seem to be running right through me. As my husband dryly quipped..never trust a fart...lol

I still haven't been able to converse with friend who had her fill in Victoria..as soon as she gets back from Calgary we'll be getting together for a lapband powwow.

I am a computer ignoramus..how do you all put the weight graph onto your signature? And all the other cute stuff??

Thanks!!!

Cheryl :D

Hi Leah. So far so good. I have not had a fill yet as it is only 4 weeks post op for me. I do not plan on having a fill until my weight loss slows down to 1 pound a week for several weeks.

Presently with the band I do feel full and have not experienced any real hunger pangs. I have had no sliming or PBing .

I am following the rules that were given to me by the OCC strickly. I remember Dr Ortiz telling me that once I started eating the key was not to see how much my band could handle but in fact to see how little I could eat and feel full. As soon as I feel full I stop whether the meal is finished or not.

I also follow the 5 rules they gave us very strickly

1. Eat 3 times a day.

2. Eat only solid foods once you are past the 21 days post op

3. Chew thoroughly

4. Do not drink liquids with meals

5. No high calorie foods.

I was a sugar addict before , a binge eater and I loved any junk food . Since I have been banded I have experienced no cravings. Actually I should say no craving for junk food only healthy food. I make sure i get a minimum of 50 grams of protein a day . That is what Dr. Miranda told me to do.

I also think I huge factor for me is exercise. Since I started my pre op diet I have walked. I live on the side of a mountian so I walk 40 minutes a day after work. It is about 2.75 miles and downhill one way and all up hill the other. My resting pulse is now 43 which means my heart is in great shape from the exercise and weight loss. Pulse before was 75-80.

I also do bands on alternate days to try and keep my arms tones as much as possible. At work I used to ride the elevator and now i only do the stairs which helps as well.

Being banded has been the best thing I have ever done for myself. My only regret is that I did not do it years ago. I LOVE MY BAND AND MY NEW LIFE.

Funny thing happened yesterday. I went for my walk and 3 times my pants fell right off. Thank God no one was around. I had to walk the rest of the way holding them up. Great non scale victory. Guess it is time to go and buy some new clothes :)

Have to run now so I hope this information helps you. If you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Debbie

P.S No I have never been stuck

Thank you for all of the info; I will be watching your success!!!! Take care- Leah

Sorry to hear about you brother!

Hi Debbie !

Congradulations on making it past your liquid phase & onto your solid food portions! I left Victoria on the 15th, had my surgery on the 16th and now am on day 10. I just added my protein Advantage drink to my intake. The only problems I seem to be having post surgery is that my port site has opened enough to allow for ooze to be draining pretty much 24/7. I was quite bruised and what seems to be draining is the fluid ( old blood & serum ) created and colleted locally at the surgery site. I'm applying a nonstick Telfa pad & dressing it liberally with triple Polysporin about every hour as they become quite saturated. This is day two of this issue.

My other issue is ...after enjoying my Dannon Probiotic drink this morning followed an hour later by my Advantage drink I learned that both seem to be running right through me. As my husband dryly quipped..never trust a fart...lol

I still haven't been able to converse with friend who had her fill in Victoria..as soon as she gets back from Calgary we'll be getting together for a lapband powwow.

I am a computer ignoramus..how do you all put the weight graph onto your signature? And all the other cute stuff??

Thanks!!!

Cheryl :D

Hi Cheryl welcome to band land. I was reading about your oozing port site and want to ask you if you have been to your doctor. If not I will strongly suggest going. There should not be so much drainage and you probably need to go on antibiotics to prevent a wound infection. Any open area that is draining is also open to bacteria and it can turn suddenly. Have you also called the OCC to let them know. Sorry but the nurse in me wants to make sure you get it looked at and started on some anitiotics pronto.

Regarding the weight graph etc if you go to the main lap band forum their on some postings on how to put the ticker tape and pounds lost graphics on your signature. Just follow the steps they are layed out very clearly and easy to follow.

Look forward to hearing about your progress

Debbie

ON the lap band forum look under forum policies and technical help