Good Fill?

I was banded July 2008, filled to 1.8cc by November 2008 and then emptied May 2009 because I was in my third trimester of pregnancy.

When I was filled at 1.8cc I could still eat anything I wanted with minimal restriction. I just had my first fill since having my baby and it's 1.6cc.... less than before and I have HUGE restriction. I'm not use to this and am wondering if I'm at the right place when it comes to eating.

The first week after my fill I could only do liquids... couldn't get any solid food down without wanting to get sick. Now, I'm able to get some solid food down, but very little. My portions are smaller than a child's size portion and I cannot do any kind of starches. Is this where I should be at to maximize my band? I have to wrap my brain around this new way of eating and I'm not use to this being "normal", so I'm just wondering if anyone out there can tell me their experience when they knew they hit their "sweet spot" with their band. Thanks.

I was banded July 2008, filled to 1.8cc by November 2008 and then emptied May 2009 because I was in my third trimester of pregnancy.

When I was filled at 1.8cc I could still eat anything I wanted with minimal restriction. I just had my first fill since having my baby and it's 1.6cc.... less than before and I have HUGE restriction. I'm not use to this and am wondering if I'm at the right place when it comes to eating.

The first week after my fill I could only do liquids... couldn't get any solid food down without wanting to get sick. Now, I'm able to get some solid food down, but very little. My portions are smaller than a child's size portion and I cannot do any kind of starches. Is this where I should be at to maximize my band? I have to wrap my brain around this new way of eating and I'm not use to this being "normal", so I'm just wondering if anyone out there can tell me their experience when they knew they hit their "sweet spot" with their band. Thanks.

HI STEPH, CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW BABY :)

IF IT WERE ME, I'D GO IN FOR A WEE BIT OF AN UNFILL, I LIKE TO EAT. THE IDEA OF THE BAND IS NOT TO CUT OFF SOLID FOODS BUT TO EAT SMALLER, HEALTHY PORTIONS

IF YOU STAY AS TIGHT AS YOU ARE, PBING, YOU RISK SLIPPAGE. IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS, I'VE SEEN MORE OF THIS HAPPENING.

MY SWEET SPOT HAS CHANGED AS MY BODY CHANGES. IF I REMEMBER RIGHT MY SWEET SPOT WAS AROUND 2.2 2.4 IN A 4cc BAND A FEW YEARS AGO AND I WAS ABLE TO EAT THE SAME AS I DO NOW. I'M NOW AT 1.5. I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH ANY FOODS. IT JUST LIMITS THE AMOUNT I EAT

REMEMBER, THE BEAUTY OF THE BAND IS THAT IT’S ADJUSTABLE :)

Hi Stephanie,

I am a long-time bandster and I had my daughter 19 months ago (wow) and since then I have been all over the place with fills, and I wasn't before her. I used to be at 2 or 2.2 ccs; now even with .8ccs I've tightened to where I can't eat. I have been at zero for a while and I am battling maintaining and/or losing at this point. I don't know if the baby thing factors in, but it seemed to with me at least. Since last Xmas I have had so many fills and unfills I am not sure if my signature even covers them! I would agree with Pammie that you should get a small unfill. You don't want to wait it out like I always did and end up with an emergency (like 4 for me I think) where you can barely drink.... good luck

Karen

Thank you so much for your advice and for the congratulations on our newest addition. I always love to hear from people with similar experiences. Thanks again! Have a great day!