Can't get motivated!!!

How do people do it? Have tried to get myself to the gym, but can't seem to stick with it, so I started using a work out dvd and did it for 2 mornings before work but getting up at 5am was hard enough so 4am didn't work was exausted for the rest of the week. i get home at 8pm of later and don't have the energy then. On my days off I think about it but again can't seem to push myself. Have had many people ask if I have more energy now then I did before and at first I didn't notice a dif then I started seeing myself do more around the house but now am back to dragging and doing just about nothing! Although it is driving me crazy it doesn't change things.

So as I asked at the beginning, how do people do it???

How do people do it? Have tried to get myself to the gym, but can't seem to stick with it, so I started using a work out dvd and did it for 2 mornings before work but getting up at 5am was hard enough so 4am didn't work was exausted for the rest of the week. i get home at 8pm of later and don't have the energy then. On my days off I think about it but again can't seem to push myself. Have had many people ask if I have more energy now then I did before and at first I didn't notice a dif then I started seeing myself do more around the house but now am back to dragging and doing just about nothing! Although it is driving me crazy it doesn't change things.

Hi Vicki,

I understand how you feel. I'm not working now, but when I was, I was commuting 2 hours each way and was exhausted all the time. So I used my lunch hour to walk. It was the only time that I could exercise. I also took stairs instead of elevators. In parking lots, try parking way out to get more steps in your day. Just a little more movement in your day will help a lot!

Red

Just a few bits of advice from my end. I know for me I was not one that liked working out either, but I found something I really liked in Zumba and it got me going. Also, don't try to go full out right away or you will burn out. Start slow and work your way up.

They say it takes two weeks to form a habit, so just do what you can to force yourself to work out after a while it will be old hat. I know for me I have a lot of stress right now so I haven't been working out and it is making me feel like crap! I am itching to get back but I am just so crazy busy it's gonna be hard. But I am gonna do my best!

So find something you like and don't over do it...slowly work your way up. Good luck!

Find something you love doing ....

For me, it was weight training.

For others, it might be yoga ... might be other group classes.

Take advantage of all of the programs your gym offers, until you find something that keeps you comin' back for more.

Keeping fit & active shouldn't be a chore, nor should it be something you're not looking forward to!

:)

Years ago, I took up squash, and joined a womans' only league ..

Keep an open mind, and try it all :)

I know it sounds crazy but I got a pole. A dance pole. I love to dance and I love feeling sexy, so a took two classes that teach you how to get around that puppy and it is a lot of exersise and it is fun. It is the only thing I have ever stuck with and I can do it in the privacy of my home. Although I can't help but tell everyone about it because I just love it.

http://www.youtube.com/undercovergirl2009

I get on almost every day, sometimes on my lunch hour but if not after work. Weekends too. for about 20-45 minutes my heart rate gets way up there. My son even loves it. He is funny. I tell my husband to stay away but I have to admit. I did one show for him already, he loved it. Anyway, I am now helping to sell the poles, they are movable and can go anywhere in your house. I put mine right in the living room. HA!~

Just an idea out there for ya.

If you are feeling worn out, you may want to have your PC doctor to a work up of your vitamin levels. Could be low on iron or what not.

Since you are a nurse, maybe start wearing a padometer, you may suprise your self with just how many steps you are taking in a day. That may very well be a work out......??? I don't know. Just some thoughts, if they don't sound practical throw them out with the bathwater! LOL

Pushing yourself to excercise can be tough, especially if you have already lost a good amount of weight. Whenever the idea of not working out pops in my head I remind myself of my commitment to myself to see this through. I also remember how miserable I was before my weight loss and that's usually enough to get me going. My body has responded well to the lapband and I want to make every effort to make sure I utilize what I wanted so much. :wub: I LOVE my band!!!