VERY NERVOUS

So I really want to have the surgery but I'm kinda scared and I have done everything that I can to lose weight and I can't seem to keep my weight off when I do drop in pounds... I guess I just need a little insight from people that have had the surgery!

So I really want to have the surgery but I'm kinda scared and I have done everything that I can to lose weight and I can't seem to keep my weight off when I do drop in pounds... I guess I just need a little insight from people that have had the surgery!

You are singing may of our songs! LOL It is very discouraging to be able to loose weight only to gain it back again. About 5 years ago I was so heavy and I took charge and lost 100 lbs. I worked my tooshie off and walked 5 miles a day. Ate right and life was good. I was on fire. Not for one minute did I think I would see this weight come back on. Then I had some set backs. Broken foot, DVT's, Pulminary Embolism, Pregnancy, with a lot of depression. Vuala all the weight came back on. My lifestyle is so much different now. I am married, have a family and I work full time.

When I lost the weight before I could focus entirely on me, it was a different lifestyle. Also to be quite frank, I didn't have the drive....Before I was driven! So I began looking at the band again....I say again because I had looked at it before I kicked my rear in high gear and lost the weight before. ALL THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON. This time around the band worked out for me. I had all the pieces fall in the right places.

I am still early to the bandster lifestyle but I will tell you this. I have not regreted my decision once! I love my band, and I have lost 40 lbs so far! I was banded April 24,2009. I understand how this can be a nervous time, but you are already doing awesome. Posting here is a good way to get feed back, settle your nerves and meet some really cool people!

I just got banded on Oct 19th...best decision I've ever made! I'm still on my liquid, but it was a super easy surgery! I didn't even know I had the surgery when I woke up! I went shopping the day after surgery. I never really skipped a beat! I had surgery on a Monday, was home picking up and holding my son on Thursday! (my plane got in after he had already gone to bed Wed night). Don't get me wrong - I was sore, but it wasn't bad at all!!! My mom asked me what was my pain level on a scale from 1-10 and it wasn't even on the chart! I was just sore like I had a really good ab workout! I'm still a little sore in the port area, but it's not bad!!

I say go for it!! :) I have a picture of my tummy the day after surgery if you want to see what the scars might look like!! I'll email it to you...or I'll post it here if I can figure out how.

Iknow how nervous you can be with the surgery I was the same way I had my surgery on Oct 20th and let me tell you I would do it again anytime , the hospital, the Doctors, nurses just everyone is just great My mom went with me but it was

so so easy I will go alone for all my fills my experience was just awesome I recommend it to everyone I lost 24lbs Already