Gall Bladder Surgery

Hi everyone!

I have been having an issue since Friday morning. I woke up on Friday at 1:30 in the morning with Stomach, Chest, Side and Back pains. The pain got SO bad that my hubby took me to the ER. After X-rays they tell me I have constipation and sent me home to flush my system. Saturday did great, Sunday midnight SAME thing happened but this time pain got so bad I did throw up! YUK YUK YUK....ANYWAY, I called the ER and they said that my system just needs a "jump start" to repeat with flush. Tusday this morning at 1:45 woke with the SAME pain...got dressed and went to ER. After X-ray, Ct Scan and Ultra Sound, they FINALLY tell me that I have gallstones and GB has to come out!

The reason for my post is I knew down deep there was something WRONG....I was really scared it was my band but it was not. I will be going to the Doc this afternoon to schedule my surgery... :(

Carrie

Had mine out a few years ago. My gallbladder attacks were worse than my labour pains so I was thrilled to say good-bye to it. YOu'll be fine. It's a pretty simple surgery....so worth not gettng those attacks anymore. I'm glad it was not your band too!

Sabrina:)

Carrie,

I am sorry to hear you have been in pain from your GB. I haven't had mine out, but my best friend did about 4 years ago and it changed her eating habits. She had a heck of a time before they finally diagnosed her. It was really hard on her.

I am with ya too on the band not being the issue. :)

You will have to let us know when you are having your surgery.

Hugs,

Kristi

Mine is coming out in January or February. Luckily I do not have any gallstones or attacks so I have been allowed to keep it for the past year. Back in January it was only functioning at 2% and by now it is probably completely dead. Now is the time because not only does it need to come out but I also need to have a cyst taken out of my neck before it does nerve damage and I am going to have my port moved.

My port is just under my skin right by my belly button. I am so scared I am going to hit it somehow and there is absolutely no progection. He is going to move it up to where it will sit just at the end of my sternum. I am hoping he will be able to bury it a little bit because from my poking around it feels like there is some extra padding there. Not sure if he will also replace it with a low profile port or not. I am going back to the same surgery center where I had my band placed, but it will be a different doctor.

The good news is that insurance will pay for the gallbladder and cyst so I only have to pay the portion of surgeon fees for the port relocation. Even though the surgery center will be out of network the office staff said they would give me in network benefits because that is where I had my band placed and they all know me. Heck, I even talked to the surgeon about his new deer stand when I saw him last week. This was not a part of my visit with him, it was just part of the conversation he, the nurse, the PA and I had when we were visiting and catching up in the hallway after my official appointment.

You will do fine with the surgery and since you are having attacks you will be super relieved and feel so much better once it is out.

Now a days having your gallbladder out is done laprascopically and is a very safe and short proceedure. You will probably go home the same day. Similiar to lap band for post op discomfort and gas.

You will feel so much better after. I had mine out years ago and do not miss it all. Those gallbladder attacks were agony

Debbie

Hi Everyone,

Just wanated to give an update. I got home last night from Surgery and I am doing pretty good. I dont remember having this much pain with Lapband, mybe because I was taken such good care of at the OCC. Dont get my wrong, Hubby has done a wonderful Job, but I did not have a hospital bed to sleep in which helps SO much. I slept in the recliner last night, cant lay flat and have ALOT of gas pains. I having been sipping and walking, seems to help. I have four more little insision just like the ones from lapband for a total of nine, so it does look like a cat has gotten a hold of me...lol My surgeon was really cool. He has told me in his office that If I did not get it removed that it could cause infection in my port area so I was pretty worried about that. While he had the scope in me, he did look at my port and my band and even printed me out a picture of the area and said everything look great with my port and band! How cool was that !!!!

Anyway I am going to take it easy for the next week or so! Thanks for everyones concern!

Carrie