Bounced off the wagon

Well Its been 13 months since I was banded, and the first 6 months I was able to lose about 40 lbs. I was just a little over 1/2 way to my goal and things were going as planned. I lost my job in December, and I made good use of that time hitting the gym hard, running and working out 4 times a week. I was doing everything perfect.

In June, I got sick real bad with Strep, and Tonsillitis. I was down for 8 days, and really didn't eat anything that week. I stayed with water and OJ. I was at like 203 lbs, down about 50 at that time. I couldn't find work, our house was in foreclosure and we were flat broke. I didn't have the money to do anything. I had to cancel our gym membership, and I ended up in a real bad funk. This summer was very difficult, and by fall I was pretty much back to eating like I did before my surgery. Drinking soda, eating out, pizza, all the crap that I did before, basically filling the void. I basically gained back most of my weight, and am up to 230lbs.

I'm upset with myself, and the last couple of weeks I have been beating myself up pretty good. I have had a difficult time finding my willpower, but I'm ready to jump back on board. The last 2 weeks I have been having a lot of problems with gas pains, and they are very painful. This actually has pushed me to get back on track.

I just had to tell my story, cause I needed to share it.

Thanks for being brave and sharing your story with us. Saying you are going to get back on tract is the first step. I have all the faith in the world in you that you are going to get back in the saddle and the weight will start dropping off again.

Take it a day at a time and no looking back.

Hey!

So I totally know what it feels like to give up... it happens to everyone.... sometimes it lasts a few days, sometimes it's a few months. You have to give yourself the slack you need (when you need it) and then when you're ready, give yourself that kick in the butt that will keep you going.

At the same time, obviously most of us get the lapband in the first place because we need HELP with restricting our food intake.

I know money is tight, but you might want to consider getting a fill.

Because truthfully... If I want pizza, I can eat *maybe* a slice... it's just not something that us bandsters should even be able to eat enough of to gain the weight back.

And eating out, junk, etc is fine in moderation. I have not restricted myself from enjoying chips and icecream and other foods I enjoy... but with the band, I'm just limited to how much I can eat... I no longer can eat a whole pizza... just a slice... not a whole bag a chips, just a handful, and that's OK!

Anyway, don't worry. We all lose weight and gain back pounds here and there!

I think you're on the right track-- so be patient with yourself. take care of the body you have.

best of luck!