too full and i had no idea...

I'm here at the clinic for my mom's lap-band surgery. I had mine done 2 years ago in the states (yay insurance). Dr. Ortiz offered to have them check out my band for me, as I didn't think it was at a good restriction level. I didn't want to say that I still threw up whenever I ate chicken, because I figured that was because the chicken was too try, and that's just the way it is, and I'm HUNGRY and I eat too much!

So they took me in to do the fleuro, and hey, check that out, my pouch is stretched! It's not awful (I guess) but they ended up taking all 8ccs out of my 10cc band so that my stomach can shrink down (hopefully to the way it was before). I have to do 1 week of liquids, then a few days of mushy foods. I'll have to be super careful about how much I eat, since I won't be able to have a fill until after the holidays are over (the horror!), but since mom will be pre-fill too, we can fight this one together. I'm super bummed and kinda mad at myself for not figuring it out on my own, but I guess unless you experience it, it's hard to know what constitutes "too tight."

I was able to take my meds and eat 1/4 of a subway sandwich... but I guess that's because my stomach was stretched out!

I think my last fill (just over a year ago) that put me at "good" restriction, was really too tight. I spent the first week throwing up, and then things got better... yeah, that was probably my stomach stretching out, not my band getting used to the fill. crap.

So....lesson learned! stay away from the mashed taters and mac & cheese, and if you can't eat the foods you're SUPPOSED to be eating... tell the doctor.

Sorry but I am sure once the swelling goes down and you get a fill you will feel great:) You are lucky to have your mom so you can help each other. Xmas is just around the corner so hang in there.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry but I am sure once the swelling goes down and you get a fill you will feel great:) You are lucky to have your mom so you can help each other. Xmas is just around the corner so hang in there.

Hi! Thanks for the tip! I will be having my lap band surgery in January and am glad to read these tips! Thanks again! Hope all is better for you!!