Christmas Dinner - How to feel 'normal'?

Hello everyone, :lol:

Im frantically thinking of what to cook for christmas dinner, I am vegetarian (but eat seafoods).I want to feel normal you know what I mean, not just have a cuppa soup product. I want to feel christmasy too :) But this is my first christmas with the band and I dont know what to cook...

Any ideas? Vegetarian or Seafoodlike? Desserts are covered lol!

Its got to be very very soft or liquid but preferable NOT liquid lol! and please something christmasy :)

xoxo

It sounds like you are still super tight. You shoud be able to eat "some" solids, just not a lot. If you insist on mushies, though, mashed potatos don't seem to cause me any grief and I indulge on the gravy on special occasions! My sister is vegetarian and always brings a beautiful roasted root vegetable dish at Christmas too. Another favorite of mine for special occasions (like my ten year wedding anniversary the otehr night) is steamed crab legs with garlic butter- although that's not very "Christmassy"!

Sabrina:)

Hugs!

I have a Christmas favorite that might do the trick for you. I do a very easy "Cranberry Spiced Pear" and it is soft because you can use a canned pear.

Can sliced pears.

1 Cup Cranberry Juice

Cinnamon (sp) stick and cinnamon.

Lettuce leafs

Place the pears in a microwave safe bowl and pour the cranberry juice over them. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Microwave for about a minute. Serve hot on a butter dish ontop of a single lettuce leaf. Each person gets 1/2 pear slice. Use the cinnamon stick for a garnish if you wish.

If you can tollerate salad, I also like to do a simple spinach salad with a red grenedine dressing. I'd be happy to send you that recipe as well. Also, when I was on liquids I posted recipes for Greek Lemon Soup and Hot Apple Tea. I like to cook and I was going ding dong not using my kitchen.

:)

All great ideas! Another thing I love are mushrooms - a nice grilled portabella mushroom or even the smaller ones marinated are soo good! I have some mushrooms and shrimp marinating as we speak for dinner tonight! A nice thick veggie soup is always good or vegetarian chili. Can you tell it's cold here today i'm thinking all warm foods! :)

It's such a good feeling to be successful with this during the holidays. Watching everyone else stuff themselves sick on crap and you are losing and still enjoying yourself. I was on solids but hadn't had a fill yet come Thanksgiving last year and it made me feel really good after it was over.

Dove sole in aluminum foil

Dove sole fillet - very soft and flavorful fish

Lemon/lime cut in very thin slices

Sesame oil (optional) or any oil/cooking spray

Rosemary springs (optional)

Salt/pepper to taste

Aluminum pieces cut in squares (size depending on the size of the fillet)

Very simple recipe, easy to make, easy to eat, easy to clean, no fishy smell in the house

Line up aluminum foil squares on your work surface, put 2-3 slices of lemon/lime in the center of foil, on top of that put 1-2 rinsed dove fillet, salt pepper to taste, drizzle oil on top of each piece of fish, add one rosemary spring and fold aluminum foil to close packets. Put packets on cookie sheet in the middle of the heated oven (425) and bake for 20 to 30 min depending on your oven. Serve fish in unopened packets. Each guest will split the packet with their own fork. Side dish suggestion – steamed rice and peas.

Hey there! Here is a great recipe - I am not sure if you eat cheese or not, but it would be good without the cheese too.

I had some this morning....this dip is the devil! LOL

Tex-Mex Bean Salad with Creamy Salsa Dressing

Serves 4

8 WW points

1/3 cup fat-free salsa medium or spicy

3 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream (can sub greek yogurt too)

1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (I add a titch more.)

3 cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed (about two 15.5 oz cans)

1 cup grape tomatoes, halved. (I cut into 4's being a bandster.)

3/4 cup canned yellow corn or fresh cooked kernels

1/2 cup diced avacado (I sup fresh wholly guacomole dip)

1/2 cup sliced scallions

1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (or less to taste)

6 cups shredded romaine lettuce (use any kind you like)

2 oz pepper Jack cheese, cubed or shredded

24 baked low-fat tortilla chips

In a large bowl, stir together salsa, sour cream or greek yogurt, vinegar until blended. Add beans, tomatoes, corn, avacado, scallions, and cilantro; toss to mix and coat.

Place 1 1/2 cups of lettuce on each of 4 serving plates; top each with 1 1/2 cups of bean mixture. Sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons of cheese; arrange 6 chips around edge of each place. Yields 1 salad per serving.

This is a WW recipe. The portions would be to large for the average bandster, so the points or cals would be reduced. It is yummo and a soft protein dish. EZ to eat!

If you don't tolerate lettuce it is equally as good with out it as well.

Are you 100% sure you are not too tight? After reading this post and another one of your posts I seriously think you are. There is no way you should be limited to soups and soft foods at this point in the game if everything is as it should be. I think most doctors would tell you that you need to be eating solid foods as solids will make you feel full sooner and keep you full longer. I also noticed that you had your surgery 14 weeks ago and have not lost anything yet. Not losing weight and limiting yourself to soft foods is often a sign that you are too tight. They also often mean that your body is not getting enough protein or nutrients to survive in a healthy manner, therefore it holds onto everything it does get by going into a starvation mode and it will not allow you to lose.

Please please please contact your doctor and let them know what it going on.