Feels like pain in espohogus

Hello all,

Since I got banded, I have had a bit of pain in the esophagus, and it hurts REALLY bad for a few seconds then I am sometimes able to relieve it with burping.. Anyone else go through this? I just got banded on the 9th, so I'm on liquids only. Thanks!

Congrats on your decision and starting a new life journey.

If you drink too fast you will get those pains. Also since you were just banded you may experience a little pain for several days. It should go away. Make sure you are up and moving about. I found it very helpful to play windmill with my arms and roll my shoulders. There is gas that builds up even after the surgery that has to work its way out.

Having quit carrying around 60 pounds though, the small pains were well worth the continuing results.

Good Luck!

Hello all,

Since I got banded, I have had a bit of pain in the esophagus, and it hurts REALLY bad for a few seconds then I am sometimes able to relieve it with burping.. Anyone else go through this? I just got banded on the 9th, so I'm on liquids only. Thanks!

Remember to drink only small sips and space them out. I would drink only a teaspoon full and wait a minute before taking my next. It gets easier as time goes on but remember...small and slow!!

Cheers!

Cheryl