Help! Band tight with NO fill!!

I had a complete unfill last month because my band tightened and I am at my goal weight. Well the last few days I have not been able to eat or drink and I have NO FILL!! So now what? I can't go in for an unfill since I have no fill! I know my band hasn't slipped cause I had a floruscopy not too long ago. I did have something get stuck a few days ago and I am guessing when I threw it up, I cause swelling. So what do I do now?? HELP!

Lisa B

Thanks! Well actually I was able to drink 2 cups of coffee this morning and two huge cups of water. Now I am drinking a protein shake so I guess it's already loosening. I am sticking to all liquids for a few days and chugging childrens liquid advil (anti-inflamatory) every few hours to help with the swelling. I didn't think this could happen without a fill but apparently it can. I weighed 128 this morning!! CRAZY I'm sure I will get back to the 130's though now that I am drinking again. It was scary! No more eating foods that can potentially get stuck!

Lisa B

Hi Lisa, I'm glad you are doing better!

I'm new to the board and am hoping to have the band sooner rather than later. You made the comment of "No more eating foods that can potentially get stuck!" My question is have you or anyone else that is willing to reply noticed certain foods that do get stuck? If so, what are they? Do they give you a list?

Thanks for any info!!

Mandy

Hi Lisa, I'm glad you are doing better!

I'm new to the board and am hoping to have the band sooner rather than later. You made the comment of "No more eating foods that can potentially get stuck!" My question is have you or anyone else that is willing to reply noticed certain foods that do get stuck? If so, what are they? Do they give you a list?

Thanks for any info!!

Mandy

Foods I can't tolerate with my band include bread or anything doughy, pasta, rice, and most meats.

Sabrina:)

With me rice ALWAYS gets stuck so does bread. I can usually eat chicken in soups but protein any other way usually gets stuck. I pretty much live on soups, salads and protein shakes and i have NO FILL! I also notice if i eat too late, like right before bed, the next morning I can't even get coffee down. But if I stop eating at least 3 hours before bed, I have no problems the next day.

I have had my band over a year and it has tightened so many times that now I swell just if one thing gets stuck. That's why I have no fill. Plus I am at my goal. The and is not easy by any means. But, I have lost 120 lbs and have maintained it without a fill. Its the best thing I ever did for myself! You wont regret it!

With me rice ALWAYS gets stuck so does bread. I can usually eat chicken in soups but protein any other way usually gets stuck. I pretty much live on soups, salads and protein shakes and i have NO FILL! I also notice if i eat too late, like right before bed, the next morning I can't even get coffee down. But if I stop eating at least 3 hours before bed, I have no problems the next day.

I have had my band over a year and it has tightened so many times that now I swell just if one thing gets stuck. That's why I have no fill. Plus I am at my goal. The and is not easy by any means. But, I have lost 120 lbs and have maintained it without a fill. Its the best thing I ever did for myself! You wont regret it!

Hey Lisa I thought I had 0 recently too and went for a fill; I actually still had .6. Sometimes there is a little that stays in there so you might actually have a little bit. I am glad to hear you are doing better now. Sounds like you did irritate it and you're doing the right thing.....