My thoughts on too tight bands

First off, I am SO SO SO happy to report that as of this morning, I am ten pounds away from goal! I was looking back at my stats and remembered that after my complete unfill, I shot back up to 189 so this means that since I was refilled on September 5th, I have taken off 19 pounds with only 2 cc's in my band; I eat WAY more than I did when I was super tight and I haven't exercised in a month because I had a bladder surgery and was told no exercise for six weeks.

I even went on a holiday during this time! Yet still, 19 pounds in less than three months! That's not that much for someone at the start of their jopurney, but I'm at the end... when things really slow down!

When I had 3.4 cc's in my 4 cc band, I could not eat solids, my hair was falling out, I was miserable.........I even GAINED weight from June to July. I kept wondering how I could be eating 600 clas a day and not losing weight- but I wasn't. At least for me, having a super tight band is not worth it.

If you are starving yourself and still not losing, I really think loosening your band a bit is the way to go. Believe me, I'm no angel, I still "cheat" eating chips or candy now and then but the trick is making good choices "most" of the time. I've been trying to eat breakfast every day, up my protein, drink my water, and although I don't always write everything down, I keep a running total of cals in my head every day, ALWAYS looking at nutrition info first.

Sabrina:)

First off, I am SO SO SO happy to report that as of this morning, I am ten pounds away from goal! I was looking back at my stats and remembered that after my complete unfill, I shot back up to 189 so this means that since I was refilled on September 5th, I have taken off 19 pounds with only 2 cc's in my band; I eat WAY more than I did when I was super tight and I haven't exercised in a month because I had a bladder surgery and was told no exercise for six weeks.

I even went on a holiday during this time! Yet still, 19 pounds in less than three months! That's not that much for someone at the start of their jopurney, but I'm at the end... when things really slow down!

When I had 3.4 cc's in my 4 cc band, I could not eat solids, my hair was falling out, I was miserable.........I even GAINED weight from June to July. I kept wondering how I could be eating 600 clas a day and not losing weight- but I wasn't. At least for me, having a super tight band is not worth it.

If you are starving yourself and still not losing, I really think loosening your band a bit is the way to go. Believe me, I'm no angel, I still "cheat" eating chips or candy now and then but the trick is making good choices "most" of the time. I've been trying to eat breakfast every day, up my protein, drink my water, and although I don't always write everything down, I keep a running total of cals in my head every day, ALWAYS looking at nutrition info first.

Hello! I'm a total beginner to the fill situation..I just got banded 6 weeks ago and am just starting to consider the need for a fill. My quesions are stemming from ignorance so please don't laugh...lol.....but how soon after a fill do you know if your band is too tight? How soon do you know if it's just right? The thought of not being able to swallow my own saliva scares the _ _ _ _ out of me!!!

Any comments would be appreciated !! :rolleyes:

Cheryl

Sabrina,

You are doing such a great job and look BE-AU-TI-FUL. I wanted to thanks you for posting this. I have an appointment to get a fill today @ 2, now i am really going to talk to him fisrt before being just asking for the fill. I am not hungry between meals, feel like sometime i do eat too much , but i wonder how much of that is in my head. I kinda freak out sometimes at the fact if i do eat more than i think i should. It is amazing to me to look at our food now and thing is alot and other people are looking at you thinking you have lost it because u think it is sooo much food.....

I really wonder if this is what is happening to me????

Carrie

sorry bout the typos, on my phone and hard to edit =-)

I have my band completely unfilled right now and am also gaining weight. It's so frustrating to feel like I never had the surgery to begin with! I'm hungry ALL THE TIME and can eat anything with great haste. I know I need to be careful so that my pouch can shrink (I was too tight and stretched my pouch out), but that's hard to do when you feel like you're constantly hungry.

Can't wait to get filled again; I miss my restriction. But more than that, I miss being able to eat solids without throwing up, but still with restriction!

I had to get an unfill (not totally, but it feels like it) about a month ago due to stress. I go back this week and cannot wait to feel restriction again hopefully! I totally agree with you all on the too tight. Im gonna get a fill again, but I don't think i'll go back to as tight as I was. Most things went down fine, but I honestly don't think I was eating enough and that was why I was not losing much.

You know, for me i've never been too tight except for when my brother got in this accident and stress became a factor, so I don't know when you can tell if you are too tight. Once you get a fill, you are swollen a bit so they always tell me if it doesn't feel too tight to give it a day or two on liquids and mushies and then after the swelling is gone if you still are too tight then I say get in ASAP! Being too tight scares the hell out of me and I never want to be there.

Congrats....and good for you!! I am wondering if that is were I am at...a little too tight! I am maintaining but I want to lose more. I have not been the best at exercising so I am getting back on that bandwagon and toning up.

Thanks for your update....and good job! :):rolleyes: