Getting banded

Hello, I am new to this forum and will be getting banded in January. I am both excited and aprehensive. I have heard nothing but rave reviews but I have also read some of the things that go wrong. Not from any of Dr. Ortiz's patients. Any tips to take into consideration while I wait for my special day?

Hello, I am new to this forum and will be getting banded in January. I am both excited and aprehensive. I have heard nothing but rave reviews but I have also read some of the things that go wrong. Not from any of Dr. Ortiz's patients. Any tips to take into consideration while I wait for my special day?

:lb5:

Best advice that I can give you is to start living your life now as though you were banded. Stop drinking with meals. Start exercising 30 minutes a day. Follow your pre-op diet so you can lose some weight and your liver will be healthy for surgery.

If you do these things you will be ahead of the game when you get banded.

Your journey is just beginning. Get ready for a wonderful ride.

Debbie

• Like 1

Congrats on your decision you won't regret it!

My best advice is to read as much as you can in this forum - go back months and months and read all you can. I actually got a small notebook and took notes so as I was headed that way I knew what to do, what to bring and all that good stuff.

Good luck and welcome to the club!!! :)

Hey, RevyD - how are ya doing, Lady? I just read your stats and it looks like you're doing really well! That is so awesome - I am so proud of you and how far you've come already. You inspire me with your unwavering dedication - and way to go on the 2X - we're now the same size, girl! Let me share my little fashion secret with you (lol) - don't know if you have an Old Navy nearby, but if you do, the size XXL they carry in the store is exactly the same as their 2X. So, by Old Navy standards, we are both officially able to shop in the regular ladies' sizes. Goodbye plus! lol :P Hope you are well. -- Deena

Congrats on your decison to bet banded and improve your health! Way to go! If you have a date in January it will give you a full month to read up and ask any questions you may have. This board is a great weath of information. I simply love it here. Everyone is super nice and before long if you stick around you will consider people here your friends.

Let's see some suggestions.....

Stop drinking carbination right now....if you are a soda drinker.....cut them out.

Look for some crystal light or vitamin water flavors that you like.

Focus on your eating, and chewing. I started to chew my food 30 times a bite. I was amazed at how little I had been chewing before. This will get you in the bandster mind set.

Stop drinking with your meals. Drink afterwards, but not during. This will help you break the habit of drinking during a meal.

*now when I watch someone drink while they eat.....I think oh my the rules....even thought they are not bandsters and do not have to follow the rules. LOL

Read this forum everyday.

Hey, RevyD - how are ya doing, Lady? I just read your stats and it looks like you're doing really well! That is so awesome - I am so proud of you and how far you've come already. You inspire me with your unwavering dedication - and way to go on the 2X - we're now the same size, girl! Let me share my little fashion secret with you (lol) - don't know if you have an Old Navy nearby, but if you do, the size XXL they carry in the store is exactly the same as their 2X. So, by Old Navy standards, we are both officially able to shop in the regular ladies' sizes. Goodbye plus! lol :P Hope you are well. -- Deena

Hi Deena . So good to hear from you. I have missed you on the forum and been thinking about you. Congrats on your weight loss. How are you finding your new life style?

Also thanks for the tip on old Navy. We do have one in Victoria so I will have to go and check it out. Sure would be nice to buy something in a regular store and not Penningtons :)

Anyways take care and drop me a line and let me know how you are doing.

Debbie

Thanks, Debbie I will take that advice to heart.

:lb5:

Best advice that I can give you is to start living your life now as though you were banded. Stop drinking with meals. Start exercising 30 minutes a day. Follow your pre-op diet so you can lose some weight and your liver will be healthy for surgery.

If you do these things you will be ahead of the game when you get banded.

Your journey is just beginning. Get ready for a wonderful ride.

Debbie

Hey there...

I just got banded on 11/30/09...Just know this is the right decision for you. Definently start exercising. After my first week I am back to walking almost an hour a day. I took off an extra week off from work. I work 3rd shift so it is going to be a challenge to eat properly. I am not sorry I did this though. Since my pre op diet which was 2 weeks before surgery, I have lost 22 lbs. I am very happy and know better times are ahead. Hang in there. Arm yourself with lots of knowledge...take care.

Felicia