Challenge....please join me!

Hi my name is Angie, and I am a scale whore! I am not sure how it happened, I woke up one day and realize I had a problem. All I wanted to do was go to the bathroom and weigh myself. I knew it was bad when I started eating in the bathroom and sleeping in the tub! Ha! Totally kidding here!

Glad you could join us!

Oh my Gosh Angie I am glad you are on this site. You totally crack me up. I nearly spit out my coffee when I read the 12 step greeting " Hi my name is Angie and I am scale whore."

Hahahahahahhahah

Just wondering if I am the only CRAZY scale Whore...lol...Is there mornings that you wake up and just feel skinny??? WEIRD but I had to FIGHT myself off the scales this morning...

Angie you are lucky you did not hear from me around 5:15 am ..I NEEDED SUPPORT!!!!....LOL!

Carrie

• Like 1

Just wondering if I am the only CRAZY scale Whore...lol...Is there mornings that you wake up and just feel skinny??? WEIRD but I had to FIGHT myself off the scales this morning...

Angie you are lucky you did not hear from me around 5:15 am ..I NEEDED SUPPORT!!!!....LOL!

Carrie

Carrie = OMGosh you could have called or txted. You know we wake up and then get the rooster up so he can crow! LOL

I will say this - the mornings ARE the more difficult of the two times for me.

*NEW FLASH* GROUND BREAKING*

Last night I felt some relief from my scare whorish ways! Yes, I did not have to fight the urge one bit! Oh, and Carrie I am so with you. I feel like this next Wednesday I am going to have a kicking butt weigh in. I haven't felt that oh my gosh I am skinny in the morning feeling, but I have the I am loosing inches feeling girl! Oh how I love either of those two feelings!

Gonna strut my stuff this morning and lookin in the mirror - NAKED AS A JAY BIRD! lol

It's amazing to me how much time I spend looking my transforming body over, given before I took charge and got the lap band I was barely looking at myself in the mirror at all. Amazing I even put my make-up on worth a hoot!

Now, I am loving myself and taking some good lookie loos. OH AND NOT JUST NAKED! (had to add that in there)

I love you guys! Hope you all made it by the scale monster this morning! Good job Carrie! Waiting Till Wed to Weigh In will pay off!

Hang in there! We can do this! If you have slipped, it's okay, we have plenty more days to get up and try again!

• Like 1

Oh my Gosh Angie I am glad you are on this site. You totally crack me up. I nearly spit out my coffee when I read the 12 step greeting " Hi my name is Angie and I am scale whore."

Hahahahahahhahah

LOL I am glad you are finding humor in my humor. Oh and if you would have sprayed coffee all over it would have been a good excuse to clean off the computer screen! hee hee hee

I am so thankful we can all make each other laugh and have fun! Life is to be enjoyed with friends!

• Like 1

I want in also pleaaaaaasssseeeeee. I have done all of the above. Before and after peeing. And taking off the gown after weighing. This has been real hard for me not to weigh every day. But I promise I will start now and only do it on Wednesday's.

I want in also pleaaaaaasssseeeeee. I have done all of the above. Before and after peeing. And taking off the gown after weighing. This has been real hard for me not to weigh every day. But I promise I will start now and only do it on Wednesday's.

Glad you can join in Denise. It is hard. I make light of it by joking, but speaking honestly I have struggled with giving up the scale. The funny thing about it is, if I live by my mind set, which is; I am not entered in a race, I've had WLS and the weight will come off, I am dedicated to living the bandster lifestyle, and slow and steady wins the race. This should be a change that fits these belief statements.

I was sharing with Carrie that I feel the inches changing. That feeling alone makes me want to run to the scale and see if I can visualize the feeling I have. The pay off will be great with weighing once a week, I believe this to be true. My scale goes up and down, much like the tide. So it is better for me if I don't see those tide changes and focus on ONE DAY! LOL

I love your pictures Denise. You look so fabulous! Oh and my husband has the Droid and LOVES IT! I told him about the downloads you recommended and he thinks those are good too. I am keeping my Storm for now, I was going to upgrade, but decided to get a laptop instead. There is no comparison between the two. The Droid blows the BlackBerry away! LOL

Glad you can join in Denise. It is hard. I make light of it by joking, but speaking honestly I have struggled with giving up the scale. The funny thing about it is, if I live by my mind set, which is; I am not entered in a race, I've had WLS and the weight will come off, I am dedicated to living the bandster lifestyle, and slow and steady wins the race. This should be a change that fits these belief statements.

I was sharing with Carrie that I feel the inches changing. That feeling alone makes me want to run to the scale and see if I can visualize the feeling I have. The pay off will be great with weighing once a week, I believe this to be true. My scale goes up and down, much like the tide. So it is better for me if I don't see those tide changes and focus on ONE DAY! LOL

I love your pictures Denise. You look so fabulous! Oh and my husband has the Droid and LOVES IT! I told him about the downloads you recommended and he thinks those are good too. I am keeping my Storm for now, I was going to upgrade, but decided to get a laptop instead. There is no comparison between the two. The Droid blows the BlackBerry away! LOL

Im glad he likes it. I dont remember if I told you to tell him to get the antivirus one and another one thats called advanced task killer. The last one is good so he doesnt use to much of his battery, and they are free. I got me a new laptop too. Great minds thyink alike. Thanks Im working out real hard now to keep myself looking good.

• Like 1

OH BOY! I really have moments when the scale calls my name.....I can hear it.....Aaannngiieeee......Annnnggggieeeeee.

Ah! When did my scale learn to say my name.....????

Did I make this challenge to hard? Once a week.....Omgoodness!

I can do this right.....why is it so important for me to compulsively weigh myself. I wish I could understand why I have such a fierce driving force inside. Does it help me to see my weight everyday? Do I actually benefit from the daily ups and downs.....NO! No I do not. It has been providing me with a justification to have extra morsels of food here and there.

I am up to this challenge! This is a reasonable goal. Ah self talk..... I think I can ...I think I can....I think I can be SUCCESSFUL!

Another day! I made it another day! I love my inner strength! Anyone else struggling??? Oh the scale woochie in me really wants to emerge!

• Like 1

Okay ladies and gentleman......one more day to wait. It has been hard. Especially with me getting a fill yesterday. I always like to "know" how much I weigh when I have a fill. I stayed true though. I feel a bit better it's not as hard to walk by the scale.....well kinda....

How is everyone doing....hanging tough or trying to put a day together at a time??? No one has been saying much, so I am left wondering. I know this is hard for me and you. So spill it.

On a side note, I did get weighed at the Dr. but they do kg there and I didn't pay enough attention to what the scale said to remember. So I am wondering if I should use my last Wed's weight or this Wed weight. I suppose it's apples to apples, but I am still left wondering. Any thoughts??

Evette - you are smoking hot! LOL Thanks for your reply and encouragment. I've become a scale whore and am trying to reform. So hard.....oh boy. The less I step on the scale the more I notice I don't have as many cheats....seems I was rewarding myself with food.....gah I am working on doing something new here.....not the same ol thing. I started this challenge last week...so far so good. It's good to have some positive pressure. I can't wait to see the results tomorrow. I feel a big change. I know i lost inches in not lbs this week! Victory! Woot!

Angie,

I didn't read all the responses you received since there was pages and pages of it. But I wanted to share with you what I used to do..

I would weigh myself on Thursdays and Mondays. I would be very focsued during the work week, dieting/exercising and would weigh myself on Thursday to:

a. See how I did during the week

b. Give me more motivation to behave during the weekend

Once the weekend was over, I would weight myself Monday morning to:

a. See what damage (if any) I did over the weekend

b. Motivate myself during the week on my plan

I even had to have my boyfriend hide the scale from me, he put it in the trunk of his car and only took it out on Mondays and Thursdays and I was supervised, hahaha.

Anyways, good luck to you. I don't weight myself that often anymore. You will find that the scale does nothing but torment you. Down a pound one day up a pound the next. Meanwhile if you're working out you can be losing inches all over the place but you're so stuck on the scale you don't even notice it!

Plus, weekly weigh ins are so much more rewarding and truthful, it was worth it to me to wait.

Hope This Helps,

Evette smile.gif

Okay peeps! I did it! I made it a week. I was so happy to pee and be able to step on the scale this morning! Not only did it feel good to have my feet back on the scale. I am happy to say I am 233.9! Ya-hoo Baby!

I hope someone chimes, it here to say how there week has been. It feels a bit lonely. unsure.gif

Angie,

Is it not funny how after you make it a week, you feel really good and you look at the scale SO excited! Its almost like Christmas for me every Wednesday, jump straight out of bed, seriously landing on the toilet to squeeze EVERY ounce out that I can before stripping butt A necked and stepping on those wonderful demonized (is that even a WORD) scales!!!!!!!! GOT TO LOVE WEIGH IN WEDNESDAYS!!!!! ;)

Great Job Angie!!!

I "almost" am suprised at how well I've done with the scale. That is not to say that I don't have a stare down with the scale when I go to the bathroom, but it is much easier than I thought. The hardest day for me is Thurs. cuz I was able to weigh on Wed.

It is a strange relief for me to not weigh every day too. Say for instance the day of or after the pot luck....um yeah, I was glad not to step on the scale. So I have 2 more parties this week. It makes me curious how I will fair through the Christmas season.

How's everyone else. Are you able to make it a week? Have you made it through the day with out weighing? How the heck are you guys doing!? cheerleader.gif