Do you recommend Cosmed?

kat03

When driving to the OCC, I noticed a cosmetic surgery center on just about every block. Why does the OCC recommend this one center, when there are soooo many out there? I may be interested in a breast augmentation, and wanted to know if any of you ladies researched any other places, and if not, how happy are you with your new boobies, or any work from Cosmed. I'm scared to death of having cross-eyed nipples. :blink:

Thank you for any advice!!!

When driving to the OCC, I noticed a cosmetic surgery center on just about every block. Why does the OCC recommend this one center, when there are soooo many out there? I may be interested in a breast augmentation, and wanted to know if any of you ladies researched any other places, and if not, how happy are you with your new boobies, or any work from Cosmed. I'm scared to death of having cross-eyed nipples. :blink:

OK, here's the poop on Cosmed and plastic surgery in Tijuana. Tijuana is a big big border town that specializes in medical tourism. A lot of Southern Californians cross the border and have some sort of medical procedure done and their reasons are mostly financial. If you don't have insurance coverage in the states and have to pay out of pocket, Tijuana is the place to go to. There are numerous clinics that specialize in Dental, Plastic Surgery, Vision and even in Lap Banding. I can tell you that Cosmed is not the only Plastic Surgery clinic and the OCC is not the only Lap Band clinic in Tijuana. Some clinics will have a good reputation and some won't. That's why when you did your homework about lap banding you found the OCC and you found this forum and other band forums. You found that the OCC has a great reputation and has maintained a high standard in the lap banding field. The same is true about plastic surgery, there are several plastic surgery forums for you to seek other patients opinions about certain clinics, doctors and procedures. The power of the Internet can make or break any clinic or doctor that relies on their reputation. The main reason that Cosmed is recommended by the OCC is that Dr. Ortiz (OCC) and Dr. Quiroz (Cosmed) are very close friends. And Dr. Ortiz isn't going to recommend any of his patients to any other doctor in Tijuana that doesn't do the quality of work that he does. They all live by their reputations. So do your homework and check with other patients on other forums. I know that Lisa and Pammie recommend a great plastic surgeon up in the Northwest named Dr. Nyte. He has some very compeditive prices too! So, do your homework and try to make the best decision.

I had a Lower Body lift at Cosmed a year ago and I have a plastic surgery blog here at the Lapband forum, check it out. I can also tell you that plastic surgery is MAJOR SURGERY, it's not like lap band surgery, not even close.

I had my surgery with Dr. Campos in Tijuana, and I love his work. It is the best desicion I have made after going to Dr. Ortiz ofcorse. If you want some before and after just send me youre e-mail.

• 1 month later...

Denise

You look amazing!!!!! I really want to do the TT, etc. and have actually paid about $2500 to a doctor here in AZ, but it is pretty expensive just for a TT about $8,000. I would love pics and details on what you had to pay and possibly got to Mexico for this instead. I could get more done for the same money. You look so great, your waist looks so small and everything.

You should be very proud. My personal e-mail is luv2adoptguat@yahoo.com Thanks

I had a Lower Body lift at Cosmed a year ago and I have a plastic surgery blog here at the Lapband forum, check it out. I can also tell you that plastic surgery is MAJOR SURGERY, it's not like lap band surgery, not even close.

..which is my hesitation for traveling so far. The thought of having to get back on a plane, for a day, makes me cringe ...

And all of those 'what-if's' - people need to keep in mind there are often complications (simple & not so simple) so access to your surgeon POST surgery is extremely important ... AND, IMHO, NOT for those who can't afford another trip to the original surgeon, in case of an emergency.

AI know a lot of people who have tt's, and have needed a lot of follow up care, for common drainage issues, and such.

Just keep this in mind before opting to go the distance to save a few $$.

..which is my hesitation for traveling so far. The thought of having to get back on a plane, for a day, makes me cringe ...

And all of those 'what-if's' - people need to keep in mind there are often complications (simple & not so simple) so access to your surgeon POST surgery is extremely important ... AND, IMHO, NOT for those who can't afford another trip to the original surgeon, in case of an emergency.

AI know a lot of people who have tt's, and have needed a lot of follow up care, for common drainage issues, and such.

Just keep this in mind before opting to go the distance to save a few $$.

THAT'S A GOOD POINT AND ONE REASON I STAYED LOCAL. A GAL I WORK WITH HAD A FEW ISSUES AFTER HER TT THAT TOOK SEVERAL MONTHS TO RESOLVE. THERE WAS NO WAY "SHE" WOULD'VE GONE OUT OF THE COUNTRY, HER EX IS A DR AND SHE'D NEVER TOUCH THAT ONE WITH A 10 FOOT POLE BUT JUST SAYIN THERE IS SOMETHING TO BE SAID FOR STAYING CLOSE TO HOME

Being in Canada - it isnt just an hour flight and a hundred dollar flight to get to Tijuana. It takes me OVER 10 hours to get there, and anywhere between $300-$900 just for the flight. That doesnt include the 5 hour drive to get to the airport for me. It still would have been less expensive for all the work I had done there, to be done here even if I had to make 5 or 6 trips to TJ.

Besides that point though - I have had other surgeries here. Cosmed was VERY clean, and that is compared to here. They are a private clinic so they work even harder at keeping it that way. ALSO - the quality of work Dr.Quiroz did was superior to what I had done here. I went to one of the top surgeons in Alberta and it did not compare. Cosmed also called me everyday for a week, and sent me a follow up email after that to see how I was after surgery - I have NEVER received even 1 follow up call for any surgery I have had here. Another thing, he did not charge for one of the smaller procedures he recommended - which ended up being a very wise recommendation I must say!

Another point - it would have taken 6-9 months just for the consult here....which is what it took when I had surgeries here before as well. Also, I then would have waited another year to year and a half just for the actual surgery. I only had to wait a few short months for it all to be done with COSMED.

I will only have work done there...and I do plan on doing so again and in fact plan on taking a family member and friend in the near future! :)