Acid stomach or upset?

My stomach seems to be upset. This morning it felt like acid upset. So I took a tums that seemed to help. So I thought that maybe it was because my stomach was empty so I ate. That helped a little but then I felt just weird. I can't explain it. I have started my cycle and I am having alot of anxiety. I just moved my mom this weekend out of her retirement home into her own place. I wonder if that is freaking me out. Has anyone had anxiety or stress suddenly and then it caused almost an acidy feeling in stomach. I would think if my band slipped or something was wrong that I would not be able to eat. I did notice that I felt a little tight this morning but I could eat a little and liquid is going down ok. I just want to make sure I am not freaking out over nothing. Should I continue to eat the tums? I can feel my port tonight and it kinda hurts, so I think I may have water retention issue. I hope it is stress but I dont want to hurt my band so any advise would be helpful. Thanks

My stomach seems to be upset. This morning it felt like acid upset. So I took a tums that seemed to help. So I thought that maybe it was because my stomach was empty so I ate. That helped a little but then I felt just weird. I can't explain it. I have started my cycle and I am having alot of anxiety. I just moved my mom this weekend out of her retirement home into her own place. I wonder if that is freaking me out. Has anyone had anxiety or stress suddenly and then it caused almost an acidy feeling in stomach. I would think if my band slipped or something was wrong that I would not be able to eat. I did notice that I felt a little tight this morning but I could eat a little and liquid is going down ok. I just want to make sure I am not freaking out over nothing. Should I continue to eat the tums? I can feel my port tonight and it kinda hurts, so I think I may have water retention issue. I hope it is stress but I dont want to hurt my band so any advise would be helpful. Thanks

Stormy,

This sounds pretty familure to me, not saying this is the problem, I just had my GallBladder removed about 3 weeks ago. It started out I would wake up in the morning feeling like I was STARVING to death, but yet thinking I need to go the restroom, really not knowing the difference. I know this sounds VERY WEIRD, this is the only way I know to describe it. This went on and off for a month or so and even my port sight did feel a little sore at times. After about a couple of weeks of this, not every day sometimes many days apart, I woke up dead out of a sleep with pain in my chest and in back between my shoulder blades, just knew I had slipped my band. After 2 trips to the ER, they finally told me that my GallBladder was full of stones. Told me that ALOT of band patients have to have their GB removed...My Surgeon who removed my GB told me that if I did not have it removed, that it could infect my port, not sure why that would happen, but that is what he told me. I did have my GB removed and have felt 100% better since.....

If this keeps happening I would contact your Doc or even the OCC and see what they tell you....

Carrie

Sounds to me like your stress level is affecting the band. I'd say go visit your Dr. if you need piece of mind, but to me it sounds like stress. Sour stomach and all. Let us know what happens.